Eric Dickerson: SMU 'doesn't exist'

StealthEagle84

"I talked to four former players yesterday, and we all said if they don't want to do anything, just kill the program," Dickerson told 105.3 KRLD-FM in Dallas on Tuesday. "Just stick to academics and basketball and kill that program.

"It's so frustrating for us to watch SMU become nothing but a laughingstock or almost nonexistent. It's almost like it doesn't exist."

ESPN Dallas Article

• Upvote 2

Funniest part of the article-

""I look at TCU, and TCU is a great school. I look at TCU and SMU. ... TCU has got it," Dickerson told the radio station. "They have fans coming to the games and made the total 360, and we're just still sitting on our hands like we don't get it."

SMU education at its finest

• Upvote 6

Funniest part of the article-

""I look at TCU, and TCU is a great school. I look at TCU and SMU. ... TCU has got it," Dickerson told the radio station. "They have fans coming to the games and made the total 360, and we're just still sitting on our hands like we don't get it."

SMU education at its finest

Wow, missed that part. :happy0007:

SMU should be proud to have Eric Dickerson involved again in the program he helped kill. Looks like he's trying to kill it again. Thank you Eric...keep on talking and badmouthing SMU football...that's the way to build the program back up and get recruits to think about SMU.

So, if getting blown out by UNT is what defines SMU as the "laughing stock," call in the clowns...because we've got 9 more years left in this series contract. That's reason enought to kill the program.

• Upvote 2

"I talked to four former players yesterday, and we all said if they don't want to do anything, just kill the program," Dickerson told 105.3 KRLD-FM in Dallas on Tuesday. "Just stick to academics and basketball and kill that program.

"It's so frustrating for us to watch SMU become nothing but a laughingstock or almost nonexistent. It's almost like it doesn't exist."

ESPN Dallas Article

This will be the way SMU gets out of the series knowing our luck.

This will be the way SMU gets out of the series knowing our luck.

WE should be trying to get out of the series with THEM, not vise versa.

If there is one thing Sayurday proved, it's that only a few thousand passionate older UNT fans care about SMU. They brought no fans and no competition on Saturday, and will probably continue to do so for the next 9 years. If it benefitted anyone to GTFO of this contract, it's UNT.

And we should make that a priority.

Dear UNT AD,

Stops marketing to 5k or less hardcore fans who are going to be there anyway. Schedule something that casual fans might find interesting.

This clearly wasn't it.

Wait, did I just write an open letter?

No funeral...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 11

WE should be trying to get out of the series with THEM, not vise versa.

If there is one thing Sayurday proved, it's that only a few thousand passionate older UNT fans care about SMU. They brought no fans and no competition on Saturday, and will probably continue to do so for the next 9 years. If it benefitted anyone to GTFO of this contract, it's UNT.

And we should make that a priority.

Dear UNT AD,

Stops marketing to 5k or less hardcore fans who are going to be there anyway. Schedule something that casual fans might find interesting.

This clearly wasn't it.

Wait, did I just write an open letter?

No funeral...

I'm just waiting for the day that we won't have to rely on other team's fans to help fill our stadium up.

His attitude seems to be in line with most at SMU. While our fan base is ecstatic about competing with LA. Tech, Southern Miss, UTEP, Rice, and even UTSA, their fans want to be in the same conversation as UT-Austin, Baylor, and A&M. Because they're starting to realize that will never happen, their fans are caring less and less.

I was pretty shocked at how few people they traveled to Denton. They're closer to being in the Sun Belt than the Big 12. In the incredibly unlikely event that a P5 conference was choosing between the two schools, it would be UNT no question.

I heard the tail end of it last night while driving home from work when 105.3 does The Midnight Snack. (Would prefer Farrell for my drive home, but his voice just gives me instant laryngitis).

Am I crazy or did I hear him start basically griping about how SMU isn't "trying hard enough" now with recruiting, and then went on to point out "All the other successful teams are cheating now. Why isn't SMU?"

Then the host was having a good laugh with him about it and then Dickerson said something along the lines of "If you're not cheating, you're not trying."

I swear I remember hearing that.

• Upvote 1