Will we find out a lot about our offense in latech game?

EagleGreen

Couldn't agree more. We will have to capitalize on offensive opportunities to be able to win this game and to contend for the West Division crown. It will be interesting to see how much La Tech stacks the box against us. I believe Manny Diaz will want to make Greer, or any of the other Qbs, beat them. Our offensive line should have a good test tomorrow on how well they can pick up and stop the blitz.

I watched the LaTech/ULL game and honestly I don't share the sentiment that this game will be evenly matched. I really do think we're going to run away with this one. Greer will be relaxed and making better throws, but our defense will once again shine beyond the rest. They're the real deal.

Edited by meangreenthirteen
  • Upvote 2

I watched the LaTech/ULL game and honestly I don't share the sentiment that this game will be evenly matched. I really do think we're going to run away with this one. Greer will be relaxed and make better throws, but our defense will once again shine beyond the rest. They're the real deal.

That's the feeling I get from watching that game (assuming we don't have a bunch of turnovers). It's available to be replayed on ESPN3. I do expect to see LT run a lot of blitzes and stunts against us especially in passing downs.

We've played a mediocre Texas and failed. We played a horrible smwho and shined. I think we will find out a lot about our offense on Thursday as we play a pretty evenly matched game. I think a win will put us on trajectory for a pretty good season. Thoughts?

You're correct in that it will be telling, but offensively we didn't quite shine against smuT.

We had:

- 11 play, 52 yd FG drive.

- 4 drives of less than 30 yds, ending in FGs.

- TD in last few minutes on a long play.

Greer was better, but we need him to improve even more this week.

If our ground game gets stuffed, we're going to be in trouble.

• Upvote 3

You're correct in that it will be telling, but offensively we didn't quite shine against smuT.

We had:

Agreed, I think we faired okay against SMU... hopefully we are just slowly watching the offense grow throughout the season

We had:

I couldn't agree more. I am eagerly awaiting the game but nervous about the game plan. Hopefully Mac will be aggresive.

I thought I read somewhere that their defense is below average, is this not the case? I haven’t seen any of their games this year so I am oblivious to what they have.

I wouldnt say they are below average. They are decent. They have a very good secondary. Got a good LB in Tony Johnson. DL is average not great at pass rushing.

They have faced 2 far superior offenses then we have faced in ULL and Oklahoma. So we will be the worst offense they have faced. Im sure they are feeling pretty confident in their D's ability to stop our O

We got an avg UT and a horrible SMU

• Upvote 2

I wouldnt say they are below average. They are decent. They have a very good secondary. Got a good LB in Tony Johnson. DL is average not great at pass rushing.

They have faced 2 far superior offenses then we have faced in ULL and Oklahoma. So we will be the worst offense they have faced. Im sure they are feeling pretty confident in their D's ability to stop our O

We got an avg UT and a horrible SMU

Well hopefully, the O Line can just lean on them and tire them out

O-Line needs to run block and pick up blitzes. I rewatched SMU game and Darius Terrill, Darwin Kidsy, and Carlos Harris just need to get the ball cleanly thrown to pull their defense out of eight in the box. Greer is improving, this was only his second D-1 game. Our experienced O Line just needs to be as advertised and give our backs' a crease and they will do the rest.

• Upvote 2

To answer the question, yes. Though I'm optimistic because Greer made good progress and looked more in command. Yes the smu defense was in disarray but I think we can move the ball against LT too. I am glad our team is not traveling for the short week. I wish I could make it back down but can't do 2 thousand-mile round trips in a short week. In 30 years of being a Mean Green fan that game Saturday was absolutely one of the BEST experiences I have had as a fan and I am very thankful and proud. So many things are going right. I think the coaches can figure out how to win this game and the players will do a great job executing it. I was really encouraged by our kicker Mr. Moore's success. That guy knows what he is doing; that's going to make a difference especially with the defense playing so well. Onward and upward. Go Mean Green!