Proof that Jub Jub's epic SMU rant was justified

pastorgrant

I can understand the whole "both sides have to feel it's a rivalry" thing. For years, the Aggies have felt Texas was their chief rival when to the vast majority of Texas fans their rival was OU. To Texas, A&M was no different than Tech. NT has played Texas State more often than any other school, but at no point have I ever considered them a rival. The people I go to the games with don't either.

But some of the comments are ridiculous, such as the "I don't know any NT alumni."

But some of the comments are ridiculous, such as the "I don't know any NT alumni."

They are too low on the totem pole to interact with the people that run the company.

• Upvote 1

They are too low on the totem pole to interact with the people that run the company.

Hmm, the meme is that SMU folks would be the boss based on the business school's accolades.

It's not always the case but it at least makes sense. Doesn't make sense to say the stereotype is

UNT people run all the companies. I'm all for $MU and SMUt and #CJK5H (remember the 5) because there

is a kernel of truth to them but the "UNT people run the company" bit just doesn't make real sense.

• Downvote 1

What I loved about what Jub said, is that right after Mccarney went on about making it a rivalry because it has been one-sided to this point. Jub let him and everyone know we've beaten them the last two times they've come to Denton.

Coach Mac likes to talk about doing stuff here that hasn't been done before him. Well, instead of him having no pressure to do something that has never been done, he knows that we have a two-game home winning streak against them in Denton on the line.

Yeah we need to make the all-time head to head record more respectable. But this rivalry does have some substance from each side.

• Upvote 2

Should we win something like seven or eight of these next ten, they may not consider us a "rival", but you can be sure they'll get annoyed as all hell whenever we play them. Should we sweep the series (very unlikely since rarely does any series have a streak like that), they may never play us again.

Edited by CMJ

Hmm, the meme is that SMU folks would be the boss based on the business school's accolades.

It's not always the case but it at least makes sense. Doesn't make sense to say the stereotype is

UNT people run all the companies. I'm all for $MU and SMUt and #CJK5H (remember the 5) because there

is a kernel of truth to them but the "UNT people run the company" bit just doesn't make real sense.

I'll be sure to remember that as I peruse the vacation requests of the two SMU grads that work for me.

• Upvote 4

wow, Dunham is a cry baby & butthurt. Waaa!!! This is not a rivalry, sorry. Your coach is probably better than ours though. Will be even sadder when you lose.

With all of the future games scheduled between us, this is going to be a rivalry whether any of us like it or not. Unless of course someone plays the coward and backs out.