News from San Antonio Game Event on the Riverwalk (Nov 28)

Harry

99004ee861bc862da5c6ca3ebb986f04.jpg

I am receiving reports that the UNT athletic department/advancement exes are making plans to reserve a spot on the Riverwalk Friday night before the UTSA game possibly (details costs to be worked out) at the Wyndham Hotel.

This is exciting because it is the start of the Ford Holiday River Parade and Lighting Ceremony, Here is a link to their website and pictures:

http://www.thesanantonioriverwalk.com/events/ford-holiday-river-parade-lighting-ceremony/

For over 30 years, this spectacular one-hour parade along San Antonio's River Walk has featured illuminated floats with celebrities, bands and lavishly-costumed participants. The parade goes on RAIN OR SHINE.

How cool will it be for North Texas Fans to have their own section on the Riverwalk for this event? A fun evening in San Antonio and some bloody mary's the next day before an early 11am start time against the Roadrunners? I get excited thinking about how fun this trip will be. Imagine, what if the winner of this game wins C-USA West??? What a memorable and exciting weekend this could be for the Mean Green fans!

More details to come but MARK YOUR CALENDARS NOW!! GMG!

99004ee861bc862da5c6ca3ebb986f04.jpg

I am receiving reports that the UNT athletic department is making plans to reserve a spot on the Riverwalk Friday night before the UTSA game possibly (details costs to be worked out) at the Wyndham Hotel.

This is exciting because it is the start of the Ford Holiday River Parade and Lighting Ceremony, Here is a link to their website and pictures:

http://www.thesanantonioriverwalk.com/events/ford-holiday-river-parade-lighting-ceremony/

For over 30 years, this spectacular one-hour parade along San Antonio's River Walk has featured illuminated floats with celebrities, bands and lavishly-costumed participants. The parade goes on RAIN OR SHINE.

How cool will it be for North Texas Fans to have their own section on the Riverwalk for this event? A fun evening in San Antonio and some bloody mary's the next day before an early 11am start time against the Roadrunners? I get excited thinking about how fun this trip will be. Imagine, what if the winner of this game wins C-USA West??? What a memorable and exciting weekend this could be for the Mean Green fans!

More details to come but MARK YOUR CALENDARS NOW!! GMG!

Our Athletic Department? Naw - Couldn't be. We are told over-and-over by some here on gmg how INCOMPETENT our Athletic Department is.........Harry, you just had to have heard wrong!

Sarcasm for those of you that fail to grasp such.........

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Our Athletic Department? Naw - Couldn't be. We are told over-and-over by some here on gmg how INCOMPETENT our Athletic Department is.........Harry, you just had to have heard wrong!

All or nothing for you, eh? Could it be that perhaps the AD does some things well while failing miserably at others?

Nah.

Wouldn't fit your narrative.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

OK so I added advancement exes to the summary -- hey but can we get back on topic fellas? Anybody else excited about this and wanting to participate?

Hop Skip Bump.

Those of you who live close enough to go to these events have no idea how fortunate you are.

• Upvote 2

So our next AD should be a travel agent...got it.

Never mind the poor scheduling, poor hires and bad promotions, WE HAVE A SPOT ON THE RIVERWALK FOLKS!!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

OK so I added advancement exes to the summary -- hey but can we get back on topic fellas? Anybody else excited about this and wanting to participate?

I guess to directly answer your question, I'm not yet at the place in life where I can comfortably make road games and the events associated with them. I spend just above my comfort level to have my club seats at home games. The events at road games tend to be at places that are out of my price range home or away. I think it's a great thing, but I'm not there yet.

• Upvote 1

I guess to directly answer your question, I'm not yet at the place in life where I can comfortably make road games and the events associated with them. I spend just above my comfort level to have my club seats at home games. The events at road games tend to be at places that are out of my price range home or away. I think it's a great thing, but I'm not there yet.

No problem totally understand the budget thing - the trip would require a hotel night, and gas to get to San Antonio and back plus tickets to the game. I think you can probably get a budget hotel in SA for pretty reasonable. So it's not free but it's not too bad for a getaway weekend either. These are the types of opportunities we didn't have in the Belt. I'm really excited about this being our first football game in San Antonio.

No problem totally understand the budget thing - the trip would require a hotel night, and gas to get to San Antonio and back plus tickets to the game. I think you can probably get a budget hotel in SA for pretty reasonable. So it's not free but it's not too bad for a getaway weekend either. These are the types of opportunities we didn't have in the Belt. I'm really excited about this being our first football game in San Antonio.

Or find a willing alumni in the area with a guest bedroom!

untjim1995, you have no idea how hard it has been to get those persons you mentioned above motivated to do this or anything. This event has been pushed for since 2013 by some of us down here. They still want to downsize it. If they do we'll come up with something else off the river.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1