2014 UNT roster with updated weights

GMG24

Interesting...blake bean lb dropped. Went from 232 down to 218. Something tells me he may move to outside if he is dropping weight to get quicker. It makes sense. You have Fred Scott and Anthony Wallace at middle. If Wallace can play, he's big enough to go to Sam lb after akunne leaves.

• Upvote 1

Pegram has beefed up. At 230 he's at SEC RB weight and I love it. I hope he is hitting those weights hard bc he's going to undoubtedly be our workhorse. I like everything on this depth chart, and yes, even the DL depth chart. GMG

Hope he doesn't suffer the same fate as Jamario Thomas did when he put on weight, or this weight is the result of being inactive after knee surgery. 230 seems to heavy for his height.

Ellard has dropped a lot of weight.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2

Tee don't need weight, he just has to run fast and not get hit. :)

Thank you. Just about to post something to that tune. People are always overly concerned about these WR's weights like they're going to be running in between the tackles. Another interesting thing to note about Tee is that he's only 17 currently. He'll put on plenty of natural weight in his time here.

As for Pegram, he's a big back. He never had speed like Jamario, but he's an effective big back. We have other guys to be our speed backs.

Edited by BillySee58

Thank you. Just about to post something to that tune. People are always overly concerned about these WR's weights like they're going to be running in between the tackles. Another interesting thing to note about Tee is that he's only 17 currently. He'll put on plenty of natural weight in his time here.

As for Pegram, he's a big back. He never had speed like Jamario, but he's an effective big back. We have other guys to be our speed backs.

Yeah not that I'm an athlete but I didn't get to 170 until I was 21 and me and Tee are the same height. Mine was beer weight but I'm sure his will be from lifting actual weights.
  • Upvote 2

Yeah not that I'm an athlete but I didn't get to 170 until I was 21 and me and Tee are the same height. Mine was beer weight but I'm sure his will be from lifting actual weights.

Lol. Yeah, the thing about Tee is that he's coming from a school in Carthage that was great at football, but being a 3A program I can guarantee he didn't have the weight program that some of these 5A kids had. Plus he played basketball, baseball, and ran track so he wasn't like some of these other kids who were football year round.

It's hard to bulk up when you're doing the extreme amounts of cardio that basketball, track, and even baseball require. He'll put on enough good weight naturally, but like GMG24 said, his job is to get open and make plays. He's already pretty good at that.

• Upvote 1

Lol. Yeah, the thing about Tee is that he's coming from a school in Carthage that was great at football, but being a 3A program I can guarantee he didn't have the weight program that some of these 5A kids had. Plus he played basketball, baseball, and ran track so he wasn't like some of these other kids who were football year round.

It's hard to bulk up when you're doing the extreme amounts of cardio that basketball, track, and even baseball require. He'll put on enough good weight naturally, but like GMG24 said, his job is to get open and make plays. He's already pretty good at that.

Where do you see Tee lining up at WR?

What is the average height and weight of a North Texas football player?

I broke the weights down by position:

DB - 185

DE - 244

DL - 262

DS - 224

DT - 277

FB - 235

K - 175

LB - 222

OL - 302

P - 172

PK - 187

QB - 210

RB - 201

TE - 242

WR - 188

Westies - 222

Add up all 110 players on the current online roster and its 228 lbs.

Smallest guy on the team is Punter Eric Keena @ 6-2, 155 lbs.

Biggest dude is offensive lineman Shawn McKinney @ 6-4, 358 lbs.

• Upvote 1

Where do you see Tee lining up at WR?

In short, he's going to be an outside receiver (as opposed to a slot receiver).

On our post-spring 2-deep depth chart, our starting outside receivers were 6'3" Senior Darius Terrell and 6' Sophomore Darvin Kidsy, backed up by two former walkons in 5'10" Senior Carl Caldwell and 5'11" Senior John Chelf. Nothing against those guys, but I expect Tee to come in and pass those guys up, pushing Kidsy and Terrell. Here are those guys career receiving stats. These guys are not much more proven on this level than Tee.

Darvin Kidsy: 16 catches - 151 yards - 0 TDs

Darius Terrell: 7 catches - 76 yards - 1 TD

Carl Caldwell: 3 catches - 17 yards - 0 TDs

John Chelf: 0 catches

In high school Tee lined up a lot in the slot and he was usually on the far side of the field. This was to get the ball out to him quick and let him make plays. I could see him being the outside receiver on the short side of the field down the line, but I think we'll see him a lot on the far side of the field this season, on the outside. He's too talented to keep off the field IMO.

• Upvote 2

Hope he doesn't suffer the same fate as Jamario Thomas did when he put on weight, or this weight is the result of being inactive after knee surgery. 230 seems to heavy for his height.

Ellard has dropped a lot of weight.

My thought exactly. I worry about injuries after bulking up like that. IIRC Jamario had hamstring issues after the weight gain for the rest of his career. Am I way off base on that or was it his knees?

One of the worst decisions in NT football history was to bulk Jamario up. If it ain't broke don't fix it. What could have been.

Edited by Eagle-96