Poll: Will Benford be fired?

UNTeagle88

If we had been blown out by Rice today, I's say 25%-30% chance he'd be gone. Since the game is tied with Rice getting the final shot, I say there is at most a 10% chance.

Basically, Benny will be here next year, unless he steps down.

Now we are going to OT, so yeah, get ready for year 3.

Sad thing is, RV can make these statements because there is a zero percent chance HIS job is in jeopardy for making this terrible hire. He should be kissing Mac and the football seniors square on the mouth.

Said it before and I'll say it again. If this thing goes in the crapper next year, RV should be fired. He won't, because he has a lifetime gig at UNT, but he should be.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Sad thing is, RV can make these statements because there is a zero percent chance HIS job is in jeopardy for making this terrible hire. He should be kissing Mac and the football seniors square on the mouth.

Said it before and I'll say it again. If this thing goes in the crapper next year, RV should be fired. He won't, because he has a lifetime gig at UNT, but he should be.

The more I look at things objectively, RV really should be on the hot seat. And that's being favorable to him.

Between Benford, Peterson, and even football with the way he has handled OOC scheduling. By bringing Benford back and allowing him to handle this next signing class of 7 spots, RV should be tying himself to Benford and the men's program. If Benford messes up this signing class, with the last couple JJ signees leaving after next year, the program will be completely on RV and Benny. If that ends in disaster they should both be fired. I'm terrified at the idea of RV hiring our first manager for baseball.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 3

The more I look at things objectively, RV really should be on the hot seat. And that's being favorable to him.

Between Benford, Peterson, and even football with the way he has handled OOC scheduling. By bringing Benford back and allowing him to handle this next signing class of 7 spots, RV should be tying himself to Benford and the men's program. If Benford messes up this signing class, with the last couple JJ signees leaving after next year, the program will be completely on RV and Benny. If that ends in disaster they should both be fired. I'm terrified at the idea of RV hiring our first manager for baseball.

It seems like he does OK with the "non-revenue" sports, so there is hope.

Don't worry about it. RV will call someone to ask them to consult on the baseball hire...that person will say "hey, I coach and I have a binder. Voila, new coach.

• Downvote 1

Don't worry about it. RV will call someone to ask them to consult on the baseball hire...that person will say "hey, I coach and I have a binder. Voila, new coach.

Exactly. Not to mention, the baseball hire will only be able to make RV look good. If it isn't a good hire, hey, we're only losing because we're a startup. Give it some time. If we're doing good, it'll be "look how good we're doing, only in our 'X' season!"