UNT NFL Prospects

H-towngreen

Chancellor and Orr with both get a shot at the next level. If either gets drafted, it'll be later on, most likely 6th or 7th round. Chancellor is shifty enough as well as strong and low to the ground that he naturally makes a good return man b/c he's not easy to bring down. I'm not sure he has 'great' enough hands to play at the next level as a true WR but the fact that he can be a special teams player only increases his odds.

I think Chancellor and Orr have good shots at getting drafted as long as their workout/combine numbers are good, although you just never know with the NFL Draft. Brelan brings a lot to the table because he can be a valuable slot receiver and is a talented/experienced return guy. Zach is smart, well-spoken, and has the physical tools. I would expect Abbe to get invited to a camp. Maybe LaChris Anyiam can also get an invite if he is interested in playing at the next level.

I don't know if any seniors will get drafted but I would certainly assume that Orr and Chancelor will be signed as free agents. Maybe Will Wright?

I don't see Trice getting that chance but if he has already or is set to graduate soon, I would've to see him on staff as a GA.

Trice has already graduated.

I thought I heard of one of our offensive lineman getting looked at? So, that would have to be anyiam, right?

Dont sleep on Bellazin getting a call to an NFL camp either. The NFL is a passing league and he has proved he can rush the passer. NFL scouts and player personnel will always dig deep to find a guy with pass rushing ability.

I agree Bellazin could be in play and the announcers indicated that as well during the broadcast.

Yes to Bellazin. Not very tall for an end at about 6'2" but big and extremely long arms to go with a good motor and production

Also, a sleeper guy I wouldn't count out completely is Drew Miller. Not going to get drafted, but should get some looks at fullback invites to a camp or two. With fullback becoming a dying breed in college football, these shorter but still big tight ends and defensive ends are often the guys who play fullback in the NFL. Drew also can be dangerous out in the flats as he showed in college.

Bellazin has the ability to be a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 DE. I think he is a great prospect. He has speed and size/strength. Being just 6'2" is his biggest drawback. Both Orr and Chancellor has size issues but both could be in the 5-7 round range and both will produce in the NFL.

Drafted: Orr

Invited to camp: Chancellor, Abbe, Bellazin (as a 3-4 rushing LB), Wright (add some weight to stay a LB or possibly converted to S)

Should get an invite to camp: Trice (my favorite player), Byrd

Not sure about Boutwell or Sarge, although our D's play should get them a few looks.

Also will be interesting to see if Darnell Smith or Anyiam get an invite on the offensive side.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't be shocked to see DT get a shot as an undrafted FA.

I would. Think Byrd or Darnell Smith has a better chance from the offensive side of the ball. But if he somehow did (and I would be elated for him if he did), I can't see him as being anything more than a body in camp.

Of course with the NFL having expanded the training camp rosters from 80 to 90 last year, it does open the door for another 320 guys to get a shot.

May 10th and the following few days are going to be very interesting to see who gets invited. I hope we send a boatload into the bigs.

GO MEAN GREEN!

DT has the same long windup that Tebow got knocked for having by Draft analysts. Sometimes qbs have this windup throw as a result of a pitching background, which Tebow and DT both have, as well as the Stanford qb Hogan. It would surprise me to see him get an invite, not because of his size or college production, but that release. His arm strength and size warrant a look.

I think Will Wright will be invited to a camp, not sure that he makes a roster, he may make practice squad but a LB who can cover and play the run is a nice option.

Yeah anyone that might run a defense with a dog LB would be happy to have him. He is just the right size to wear he can make big hits, cover pass plays, and shed blocks. Dog LBs have to play SS and LB. I think he could do it.

Zach Orr gets a chance because of Zach Orr, not his dad. He is a bad mofo.

Yeah, I don't think we'll see Rice Jr. or Nick Montana getting a shot because of their daddies. But they were probably both a little scared of Orr. I also agree on Darnell as a long shot, depending on how things work out. Derek being used primarily for a practice squad wouldn't be overly shocking. He could be one of those guys that pops in for a couple of years and jumps on the field as a placeholder or once or twice in the wildcat.

Just about everybody mentioned so far is likely to get some looks, but really what it comes down to is the nitty gritty. When the teams see who they were and weren't able to get on their "wish list" then they will get down to the small details on the remaining players in the later rounds, and then see how many spots are left on the roster for free agents, so it's not really about who is most deserving overall but rather a crapshoot (from this early out especially) to determine which position needs spots filled on which team...so even if, say, Abbe is a great choice when the dust settles, if the one or two teams interested think they might need a deep snapper or something more than another DL, well that's what will happen. And yeah, deep snapper is kind of a random thing to throw out there but that's my point. Guessing this far out on what will happen in the late rounds and FA signing days is almost random, especially as the rosters are being filled because the better player might end up getting nothing if the teams decide they have enough at that position. I do hope we get at least 3 guys drafted or signed out of this awesome senior class though.

Yeah, I don't think we'll see Rice Jr. or Nick Montana getting a shot because of their daddies. But they were probably both a little scared of Orr. I also agree on Darnell as a long shot, depending on how things work out. Derek being used primarily for a practice squad wouldn't be overly shocking. He could be one of those guys that pops in for a couple of years and jumps on the field as a placeholder or once or twice in the wildcat.

DT as a wildcat qb?

Also, a sleeper guy I wouldn't count out completely is Drew Miller. Not going to get drafted, but should get some looks at fullback invites to a camp or two. With fullback becoming a dying breed in college football, these shorter but still big tight ends and defensive ends are often the guys who play fullback in the NFL. Drew also can be dangerous out in the flats as he showed in college.

More probably Zach Orr that gets that look at fullback.