Not a lot of respect for either of us....

chitownrebel

I like your fan base from what I've seen on this board. Didn't expect 10 replies within a 30 minute span and there wasn't any spam talking. Maybe North Texas has the best fan base in Texas?

Well you're not a NutsaCK doucher, so we're cool.

He's a supporter of athletics and student activities. He is a down to Earth person without a huge ego.

But what is is stance on pie...and cake?

• Downvote 2

For the game I am flying in the 31st and out the 1st after the game because I have to get back to coach my basketball team. Won't have much time for anything other than the game itself....my favorite place in Texas is the steakhouse in Amarillo where I proudly finished the 4.5 lb steak in under an hour

So...

You graduated from a basketball school, have metroplex ties (hey, you've been here twice), and coach basketball?

If your looking for a job, please put your application in a 3 ring binder (we are REALLY big on binders around here) and drop it off in Denton upon your arrival to town.

Welcome, but I really do wish you were a Big 10 fan (as I'm sure you wish the same of me).

• Upvote 4

Ugh. Can you please take your homosexual agenda somewhere else?!

PS: That's a joke. Don't PM me.

PPS: Welcome aboard UNLV fan. I have found we treat anyone who comes on here like you treat us. If you are kind and complementary, so are we, if you are a jerk we will unleash mutually assured jerk-ageddon.

Speak for yourself, jerk.

:-)

I've been to the Dallas area before. A few years ago I came out to watch my White Sox play 3 games in Arlington including a day game in 103 degree heat with a 79 dew point. I stayed right by six flags over Texas and had a good time.

For the game I am flying in the 31st and out the 1st after the game because I have to get back to coach my basketball team. Won't have much time for anything other than the game itself....my favorite place in Texas is the steakhouse in Amarillo where I proudly finished the 4.5 lb steak in under an hour

Hoss, you are a man. I was just in Amarillo last year and chickened out. Massive steak + baked potato + salad = greatness.

Luckily it won't be 103 at our game. Hopefully there is no ice storm. You'll like going out in downtown Dallas more than Arlington. There are some fun bars to hang out in for New Years. The Cotton Bowl isn't in the nicest area but you can take a train straight in.

Congratulations on making a bowl. We're equally excited! And seriously, congratulations on finishing that steak. Very impressive.

ChitownRebel, with all due respect UNLV won't score anywhere near 132 points on our Defense!!!! You mignt want to watch our game against Rice (CUSA Conference Champions-it sickens me to type that), but when Rice was on our 2 yard line they had 8 downs to score a touchdown. Did Rice get it done...Nope!!! Had to kick a field goal!!! If UNLV score anywhere near 30 points on UNT then our Defense should be ashamed and will have proven they just didn't show up to play. My guess it UNT Defense will show up and UNLV will be lucky to score 17 pts. in HOD bowl!!!!

UNT special teams I'd say are above average. Folks on your board seem to believe UNLV is lacking in the special teams area. If UNT shows up and plays like we can then hold on to your hat, it will be a long day for UNLV.

If UNT shows up and plays like we did against UTSA and UNLV is a half decent team then UNLV will win and we'll get what we deserve.

I'm betting UNT shows up ready to play!!! Well bring our fans out so Cotton Bowl isn't empty although it may look like it as Cotton Bowl seats 92,000.00. Thats a hugh stadium. Bowl game will be lucky to have 40,000.00 fans in the stands. anywhere around 35,000.00 plus and the UNT nation should feel great about bowl attendance turnout. 50,000.00 fans or more and UNT will have hit a Bab Ruth type home run!!!!

Like was stated in the beginning, I hope for some sort of thriller (with us winning though) so we get covered on all of the highlights throughout the day. Overtime...Hail Mary...the Band is on the field...55 yard FG as time expires....basically something legendary.

Because if it's not, they'll probably just read the score and move on to the other games.

The lack of a movement to bring Guy Fieri to this game is infuriating and, frankly, another missed opportunity by both our fan base and the wizards at da cole myned on Bonnie Braised. WAKE UP, AD!!! Power moves just don't happen....unless you're me or CBL maybe. Just some guy humor...or is it Guy humor...

RIP Peanut.

• Upvote 1

The lack of a movement to bring Guy Fieri to this game is infuriating and, frankly, another missed opportunity by both our fan base and the wizards at da cole myned on Bonnie Braised. WAKE UP, AD!!! Power moves just don't happen....unless you're me or CBL maybe. Just some guy humor...or is it Guy humor...

RIP Peanut.

If they are able to get him there, which side of the stadium will he sit on?

I figure he'll sit on the UNLV side first and try to play it cool. Probably take his shades and peep a few beefers on the sly while the teams get going. Once he starts seeing us bring the wood and starts to feel our bad boy vibe, he'll ask to share my crown flask or maybe some road G&Ts I'll make earlier that day with my trunk liquor.

After that, it's time to take things full throttle, so I'll pull out the habanero chile lime oysters that will have been stashed in the pullout crotch section of my jeans and start warming them up on a foreman we sneak in with a generator. Once he has a taste of those and the house made waffle chips we made the night before, he'll be ready to eat Quoner's Quicked Up Oyster Nachos Bell Grande off a flipflop. From there, we'll probably just throw back all the food and drinks, then be ready to hit that Hindu buffett near Fair Park and show them how to keep the Christ in the week after Christmas. We're talking Seger on a boom box (Night Moves as the opener), a few hot babes and dancers we get to show up and party and the works. Really show those guys how America parties in the New Year. I figure we'll have plenty of safe houses nearby if things get carnal and might even make a few friends. I'm a pretty run of the mill white guy, but I'm known to show mad respect to my soul brothas from another motha.

Kinda cool - you guys in or do you plan to just sort of go all Doug Carlson on this one?

really lookin' forward to the weekend, you guys.

• Upvote 1