Heart of Dallas Bowl Ticket Options

shaft

This my be unpopular, but I'll probably just do what I did the last 2 years and buy my tickets off a 3rd party site about a week before the game. I understand that buying through UNT helps the school, but if I can save an extra 40-50 bucks and still have an excellent seat, then I'm going to take it.

Right on man. Call me cheap but I pay $30 for home tickets at Apogee, if I can avoid paying $75 for the bowl game then I will.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Interesting thought. I am in the Mean Green Club and have not received any information about the game. No big deal considering I am in for 4 tickets, but if they aren't reaching out to the Mean Green Club, then who are they targeting? I emailed Jessica this morning asking the same question.

I'm also in the Mean Green Club, but received an email within a day or two of the bowl announcement, before UNLV had even been announced, with the following graphic in it. I wonder if some of you have spam blockers that are keeping this stuff out or something.

gallery_3776_75_50829.jpg

• Upvote 6

This my be unpopular, but I'll probably just do what I did the last 2 years and buy my tickets off a 3rd party site about a week before the game. I understand that buying through UNT helps the school, but if I can save an extra 40-50 bucks and still have an excellent seat, then I'm going to take it.

You do what you have to do. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever. As long as people come to the game then that is the most we can really ask for.

We're about to embarrass ourselves on ESPNU.

So disappointing. We're loud online but can't show up. Our fanbase isn't different than Texas State. I'm pissed and let down.

Seriously? We're North Texas homie...we historically have apathy and attendance problems. We can't control what is out of our hands. If you haven't noticed, our athletics history hasn't been too kind to fans. And the last 9 years saw one of the worst CFB programs in the country. And what is the point in bitching on this board when the majority of this board will be attending the game or at least try their best? Good grief.

• Upvote 1

A couple things on the top of my mind:

- I saw a commercial for the HOD bowl produced by UNT on the Ch. 8 newscast at 6pm last night. If that's not marketing, I don't know what else would be.

- Let's not underestimate the power of procrastination. MANY of us will be waiting until the week of or maybe even day of so it will be difficult to judge attendance until maybe as far out as game day

- I waited until today and I'm a pretty die hard season ticket holder fan so it won't surprise me at all if we start to build ticket number momentum this week or even next.

A couple things on the top of my mind:

- I saw a commercial for the HOD bowl produced by UNT on the Ch. 8 newscast at 6pm last night. If that's not marketing, I don't know what else would be.

- Let's not underestimate the power of procrastination. MANY of us will be waiting until the week of or maybe even day of so it will be difficult to judge attendance until maybe as far out as game day

- I waited until today and I'm a pretty die hard season ticket holder fan so it won't surprise me at all if we start to build ticket number momentum this week or even next.

Cut-off for priority point consideration for the best seats ends tomorrow. If you wait until after Dec. 18th, it will likely be a first-come-first served for the best remaining tickets.

The question is...how close to 10K are we. Under 10K could be 9K or 5K --- we don't know.

CMJ or anyone, please clarify to me that these totals do reflect UNT student purchases, right?

If we get 12,000 students to the HOD Bowl that to me would probably be close to

our all time number of students for a MG football game? Right?

I may eat crow but I think we are going to be fine with an impressive sea of green on the UNT side for the HOD bowl game. We still need to sell and buy in very steady numbers from today until New Years Day, though.

My usual 1 butt in an Apogee seat will now be among a group of 12 butts in seats. Not one of our group will find any excuse to miss this game, either, since we each are spending $75 a ticket. This group (like I'm sure all of your groups) would pay $150 per ticket to watch this Mean Green football team which lest some may have forgotten...................are a most exciting an interesting college football team to watch.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Cut-off for priority point consideration for the best seats ends tomorrow. If you wait until after Dec. 18th, it will likely be a first-come-first served for the best remaining tickets.

Hate to burst bubbles, and I understand what the AD is doing trying to get people to buy early but there will be plenty of great seats available to purchase up to the time of kickoff. Also if you have ever seen a game at the Cotton Bowl there really isn't to many bad seats. It's an old stadium with no suite levels or multiple decks so all seats are fairly close to the field with good sight lines.

Right on man. Call me cheap but I pay $30 for home tickets at Apogee, if I can avoid paying $75 for the bowl game then I will.

You're not cheap at all. You are a great alum and Mean Green fan! We need every kind of ticket no matter the price to be purchased and create the perfect storm and align all the stars for our Mean Green fans to blow the minds of the HOD Bowl officials and forever remove any doubt about our fan support for a bowl game. Again I repeat....again I repeat.........our UNT fan base took 17K to the Big Easy for a Tuesday night bowl game last decade and that should be a pretty big hint to some as to what we can do on a local bowl basis as far as our support is concerned

GMG!.

That's ok for today, because we need as many butts as possible in seats on New Year's Day, regardless of means to get them there.

However, by going on record that you paid less for the same tickets than someone else did, be prepared to have this thrown back at you in about nine months should you ever express a conflicting opinion on the state of UNT athletics.

• Upvote 1

You'll pay for that cheapness in the long run and here is why:

Schools have to buy whatever tickets they don't sell. That's the way the bowl business works.

If North Texas doesn't sell what the HOD bowl demands they sell, then the AD budget will have to pick up the slack - which means they'll have to recoup that somehow - raising next years home game ticket prices may be a way in which they do that.

And if you're a fan that would like to see Benford gone think of it like this: For every ticket the school doesn't sell that's $75 LESS we have to buy Benford out with. (Due to the fact the AD budget will have to cover the ticket shortfall.)

Also, not selling our allotment tells future bowls that North Texas fans are too cheap and thereby risks invitations to future bowl games.

Justify it however you like but your short term savings could have long term negative effects.

To boil it down to ever simpler terms - Buying cheap tickets - supports Tony Benford.

Edited by adman
  • Upvote 3

It was said to me by a fellow UNT alum from Arlington...

"I'm sure the new incoming UNT president will look on with great interest the efforts that were made from our main campus to sell tickets to this bowl game."

Nothing like a little extra added motivation from someone who will be at the highest pinnacle of our school's main campus admin bldg. and one who will wield a pretty powerful stick.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Hate to burst bubbles, and I understand what the AD is doing trying to get people to buy early but there will be plenty of great seats available to purchase up to the time of kickoff. Also if you have ever seen a game at the Cotton Bowl there really isn't to many bad seats. It's an old stadium with no suite levels or multiple decks so all seats are fairly close to the field with good sight lines.

My understanding is that the North Texas tickets are (more-or-less) between the 20s on the side opposite from the press box. Priority points will be determined for best seats starting at the 50 and working out from there. If you want to be as close to the 50 as possible with other Mean Green fans, buying through the NT Ticket Office is the way to go. If you are fine sitting wherever in the stadium, you are welcome to buy your tickets through whatever means to can find/afford.

The Cotton Bowl does have a 2nd deck. I've never sat in it so I can't tell you what the sight lines are like. I did go to a Ole Miss/OK-State game way back when Eli Manning was the QB and we were in the end zone. Not the best seats IMO but that is what we got since the tickets were through a friend who was a student. This was also before the improvements that were made to the CB a couple years ago.

• Upvote 1

My understanding is that the North Texas tickets are (more-or-less) between the 20s on the side opposite from the press box. Priority points will be determined for best seats starting at the 50 and working out from there. If you want to be as close to the 50 as possible with other Mean Green fans, buying through the NT Ticket Office is the way to go. If you are fine sitting wherever in the stadium, you are welcome to buy your tickets through whatever means to can find/afford.

The Cotton Bowl does have a 2nd deck. I've never sat in it so I can't tell you what the sight lines are like. I did go to a Ole Miss/OK-State game way back when Eli Manning was the QB and we were in the end zone. Not the best seats IMO but that is what we got since the tickets were through a friend who was a student. This was also before the improvements that were made to the CB a couple years ago.

Someone told me they were going to rope off portions of the 92K seat Cotton Bowl stadium. Which part I have no idea.

Someone told me they were going to rope off portions of the 92K seat Cotton Bowl stadium. Which part I have no idea.

I wouldn't be surprised if they closed off the entire 2nd deck.

I didn't get season tickets this year so the priority system would have been to my detriment. I paid the same $75 but know I have seats on the 45yd line 12 rows up. I did what was in my own best interest. If the NT ticket office would have been able to say you can purchase these seats in section x row x for x cost, I would have considered it. I just wanted the best seats I could get and they weren't going to be available to me through our ticket office. My buddy and I have waited 8 years for this bowl game and I got us the best seats I could.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1