Probable Heart of Dallas Bowl Opponents

Danish43

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to be clear. The outcome of MSU v. OSU has no impact on UNT going to the HOD bowl right?

Also, just my two cents. I think that we have not been announced yet because HOD wants to announce both teams at the same time.

No impact on NT but will impact the opponent. If MSU or OSU are left out of a BCS bowl, the B10 can probably send a team to the HoD. Either way, it's highly unlikely now that NIU & Okie St. Both lost. I think an ACC team will be the opponent.

Just to be clear. The outcome of MSU v. OSU has no impact on UNT going to the HOD bowl right?

Also, just my two cents. I think that we have not been announced yet because HOD wants to announce both teams at the same time.

Pretty much. The Big 10 is most likely not going to have a team available to play in the HOD either way. We are most likely looking at a bubble team from another conference...ie Syracuse or Washington State, etc...since the Big 10 can't fill the spot.

Would it turn into the Mike Leach show with what NT accomplished overlooked?

Yes. No to Washington State. Plus, they are not a big name opponent or remotely interesting to play.

ETA- rooting for Michigan State. Buddy at school is an alum. Plus, you know they have the green factor going for them.

Edited by Eastwood Eagle

Asterisk beside Syracuse means its a "Replacement Team". Any idea what that means Brett?

Rick

They'd be replacing the Big 10 if the B1G opts not to fill this bowl slot. With all of the deals that go on, I still wouldn't be surprised if they skipped one of their other bowls and gave it to the ACC in order to keep this one. As much moving around the bowl picture is likely to have, really nothing would surprise me at this point.

• Upvote 1

Just to get this straight...

All this "replacement team" and "not enough eligible teams in the Big 10 to fill all the spots" talk is dependent on 2 Big 10 teams going to BCS bowls? Is that correct? So if a Big 10 team doesn't get an at-large BCS bid outside of the Rose Bowl tie-in, then we would get a Big 10 opponent?

I'm just trying to figure out what all this depends upon.

I bet if everyone waits until 8 pm tonight they'll have it all laid out nice and simple for you on ESPN or ESPN 2. Just thinking out loud. I know we're going to HOD I already got my hotel at the Omni, not downtown but on 635. It is about half the price right now for the same night. I will get on the dart train early in the AM on Jan 1st, head over for mimosas and breakfast and tailgating then watch us bring some pain to whatever "big time" school we play.

Good stuff Cali - I agree all those teams appear to be in play.

This article from a Washington State site shows how up in the air things are. They show 5 prognosticators indicating 4 different landing spots for WSU and 5 different opponents: http://www.cougcenter.com/2013/12/8/5188054/2013-bowl-game-predictions-selections