Brigham Young (12/3/13)

CMJ

BYU will be a top 20 team when it is all said and done. We will move on and still have a chance to win 20. The season is far from over. Yes we have some things to work on, but Benford did not miss all those free throws, nor did he turn over the ball. The one aspect we do need to work on is how to break the zone D. We have been awful against it all year. We need to catch and release, yet we do not.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

We won't play many teams that fundamentally sound the rest of the season. Like when we played Lehigh last year. You could just tell they were toying with us.

Like I said, I liked the up tempo tonight. Given the alternative, I definitely prefer to see us go up and down the court. Just wish we could shoot a little better and the players would hustle back on D. With our players, we could definitely hold our on in all but a few of our remaining games.

It wasn't the end of the world tonight.

• Upvote 1

Really.... Everyone in the country thought we would lose by 30 points.... and somehow you are upset? We have a lot to work on but we played how we were expected to play.

I thought you had turned the corner and given up your overly-apologetic excuses. Then we beat Portland, transitional D1 Incarnate Word, and SE LA.
  • Upvote 2

We won't play many teams that fundamentally sound the rest of the season. Like when we played Lehigh last year. You could just tell they were toying with us.

That's because we scheduled cupcakes.

BYU may be the best team we play all year. But this league that we play in will be a nightmare if this continues. Maybe we aren't down 40 late in the game, but we won't be competitive either.

• Upvote 1

I thought you had turned the corner and given up your overly-apologetic excuses. Then we beat Portland, transitional D1 Incarnate Word, and SE LA.

After talking to some people I still have hope. If we lose like this to anyone else then yea its abig deal. BYU is a solid team. There is no reason to get our heads down to low. We messed up a lot and shot poorly. A few shots fall and we hustle back on D and maybe it is a different story. Who knows.

• Upvote 1

5-26 from CJ and Jordan did not help things. Throw in we got out rebounded by 20... the players did not finish and they did not compete. Plain and simple.

And I bet they had a disinterested look on their face and slept with college girls, too!!! Oh, the horror.

Never the coach's fault, eh Andy?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nothing wrong with accepting a bad hire and a bad coach. People defending this guy is really beyond me.

You mean like our very own AD again blaming players on the podcast a couple of weeks ago?

You will continue to see this mentality and our basketball program will continue to be dismantled.

• Upvote 3

You mean like our very own AD again blaming players on the podcast a couple of weeks ago?

You will continue to see this mentality and our basketball program will continue to be dismantled.

You know what's REALLY sad?

We often hear the age-old excuse of, "Just wait until he gets his guys in here...".

2 problems though:

1. He can't get his guys in here.

2. He gets his guys in here, and they leave immediately.

• Upvote 2

You know what's REALLY sad?

We often hear the age-old excuse of, "Just wait until he gets his guys in here...".

2 problems though:

1. He can't get his guys in here.

2. He gets his guys in here, and they leave immediately.

Spot on.

Also, in the event that we keep Benford past next year, who on God's green earth has any idea what our roster will look like? We have 7 juniors and 3 seniors on this roster. At the rate Benford is losing his recruits there is no way to even begin to project who will be on the team in a couple of years.

Having to rely on him getting his guys in here to fill up the roster is what concerns me the most.