I just love Longhorn fans

emmitt01

I was talking to a lady at the church I work on Sundays (she's a UT alum) about our season. She has a daughter at NT and she casually keeps up with us. She says she was "surprised that high school coach didn't win". I explAined that he brought a high school staff, was stubborn, etc. Then she says "I hate that he ruined his son's career by talking him into going to North Texas...he had offers from big schools and maybe their coaches could have worked with him". As if Riley was next in line to be a great AQ quarterback and just needed the tutelage of the big boys. And apparently Todd dodge pissed away a budding NFL career by convincing him to enroll at lil' ol' NT.

The detachment from reality is just mind blowong.

• Downvote 1

Best answer. It can't offend any readers here either. Any girl on here obviously keeps up with football. Well spoken sir.

Nothing sexist. Some females know football well, most don't.

It is comical when those who don't try to talk like they do.

See Lauren Prysbel on Fox 4 any morning of the week. Pure gold.

I gave an alumn FF and his wife my tickets for the Rice game. His wife played VBall for Okahoma. So last Friday night our truck was in the Fort Worth Parade of Lights and I finally got to ask her what she thought of the game? She said that she had a great time, that Apogee was one of the sweetest gigs, and that they had such a god time she would go back any time. Then another wife overheard her telling me and ask what she was talking about and she started all over again telling her how much fun a North Texas game is.

Made me proud.

By the way.. For a third year in a row, after three meetings with UNT officials and suggesting they take advantage of a cheap, easy opportunity to promote our university in front of 50-70 thousand people who attend the FW Parade of Lights by entering the Mean Green Model A,...it was another no show for 2013. The TCU Horned Frog Air Horn was the only university-representing float that I saw?

As much as I love my U of NT I'll never understand why things run the way they do up there?

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I gave an alumn FF and his wife my tickets for the Rice game. His wife played VBall for Okahoma. So last Friday night our truck was in the Fort Worth Parade of Lights and I finally got to ask her what she thought of the game? She said that she had a great time, that Apogee was one of the sweetest gigs, and that they had such a god time she would go back any time. Then another wife overheard her telling me and ask what she was talking about and she started all over again telling her how much fun a North Texas game is.

Made me proud.

By the way.. For a third year in a row, after three meetings with UNT officials and suggesting they take advantage of a cheap, easy opportunity to promote our university in front of 50-70 thousand people who attend the FW Parade of Lights by entering the Mean Green Model A,...it was another no show for 2013. The TCU Horned Frog Air Horn was the only university-representing float that I saw?

As much as I love my U of NT I'll never understand why things run the way they do up there?

Rick

Since they let them replace the old L head with a stupid electric motor... The Model A probably wouldn't be able to make the entire parade route on a single charge....

• Upvote 4

Can't believe we're talking about the Dodge's again. Riley coming to UNT was bad for both Todd and Riley. Todd coached to promote his son. Riley wasn't a D1 QB. It would have been better for both if RD had gone to Texas. I'm still not sure TD would have succeeded here, but he was clearly distracted having his son on the team.

On Texas fans...They are un-freaking-grateful! I've been on this kick all year. Big push to get Mack out of town. They forget how far down this program had been before Mack got to Texas. He has done SO much for them, even winning a national championship. Playing in what was arguably the most exciting NC game ever. It was just 4 years ago (I think) they were in another national title game. I have criticism of Mack, but if I were a Texas grad (as most of my family is) getting rid of Mack wouldn't even be a consideration. It just disgusts me. I hear Bob Stoops is under the same gun at OU. I lived in OKC when he was hired. Granted, it wasn't the same dumpster fire Todd Dodge left us with, but in relation to where OU had been and where it was in 1999, a comparison can be made. Both Stoops and Brown have resurrected once proud programs back to national recognition. Each has won a title and had a shot for another. They are proven winners.. But I guess the grass is always greener when you're in Austin or Norman. UNGRATEFUL!

• Upvote 1