Bowl projection update 12.1.13: UNT vs. Michigan HOD

Harry

Any Big10 opponent would be a lot of fun.

From a match-up perspective, of those who might be considered for HOD, I think I'd prefer Nebraska given:

- their inability to create big plays in the passing game

- their poor turnover margin (-1/gm)

- and their inevitable interim head coach situation come Jan 1

• Upvote 2

Big grain of salt with this site...

1)They don't have a CuSA team in the Military Bowl, but have MUTS in the Indeendence Bowl

2)They have Baylor as Big XII #3 and Texas as #2. Baylor won't lose this Saturday.

3)They have Auburn in the national title game and Ohio State in the Rose Bowl. This one may not be a stretch but I don't see voters keeping an unbeaten team out of the BCS title game.

• Upvote 1

Big grain of salt with this site...

1)They don't have a CuSA team in the Military Bowl, but have MUTS in the Indeendence Bowl

2)They have Baylor as Big XII #3 and Texas as #2. Baylor won't lose this Saturday.

3)They have Auburn in the national title game and Ohio State in the Rose Bowl. This one may not be a stretch but I don't see voters keeping an unbeaten team out of the BCS title game.

3. Doesn't the Big 10 have a conference title game? If so, I don't see OSU getting by Michigan State. I think the NC game will be Florida State and Auburn.

• Upvote 1

SB Nation has us in Hawaii playing San Jose State. I sure hope that one is wrong.

College Football News has us playing in the Heart of Dallas Bowl but lists Texas State as our opponent. I sure hope that one is wrong, too.

Edited by Huff
  • Upvote 1

It would be the halftime show for the ages! Michigan is a Big 10 band at its best but they have never gone up against the Green Brigade. Also, for the past 50 years Michigan and UNT have been in the top 5 music schools for both size and quality

Michigan would kick our asses on showmanship (making a grand entry etc) we would kick their ass on musicianship.

And BTW, thanks to all you music majors and/or GB apologist, who wouldn't know a (overall) great band performance if it bit you in your collective asses, for all the negative votes.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 8

Playing Michigan in Dallas would be the best case scenario for us.

There is a tie into our last bowl victory.... That year, Ohio state was on the brink of being beaten by Cincinnati.... And they ended up winning that game and then the national championship.

Well, now Michigan took Ohio state to the very end only to see The buckeyes win in the end...

Now Ohio state has a spot in the national championship game(if they don't poop the bed)... I would love for UNT to play a demoralized Michigan team in our neck of the woods. Not saying I am confident of a victory over Michigan, but I do think we could hang tough with a middle of the road big 10 team this year. Plus, and of course least importantly, we are 1 and 0 against the big 10.... Unless I have missed a long history with that conference...

• Upvote 1

Michigan would kick our asses on showmanship (making a grand entry etc) we would kick their ass on musicianship.

And BTW, thanks to all you music majors and/or GB apologist, who wouldn't know a (overall) great band performance if it bit you in your collective asses, for all the negative votes.

Showmanship != 1950's band uniforms

Or <>

Just to inject some computer geek humor into this freaking tired band "pageantry" garbage.

• Upvote 1

I would look forward to being in the stands to watch both "ass-kickings." Actually, comparing these two bands is like apples and oranges. They are totally different styles, but both of high quality. Last fall I got to see the Minnesota band which would be not as good as Michigan but similar style. Old-school might be the best description but I think fans would like it.

Showmanship != 1950's band uniforms

Or <>

Just to inject some computer geek humor into this freaking tired band "pageantry" garbage.

If you think that wandering out on the field and lining up like some Jr. High band is better than something like this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzIh2AjZszs

...then you deserve what you get. It's the bands job to get the crowd pumped and going. And guess what? The crowd IS pumped! And they look forward to this opportunity to participate with the band!

Here's what Michigan Band would do......,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TVcKYpZrj0

I'm no fan of jogging/running. The quick step of the Ohio State band is preferable.

And yes, I'll take those 50's Ohio State type unis any day.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ohio State is great. Has anyone seen their moving stick figure routines that have been shown several times on the Today Show recently? Any of these would be quite different than the McAdow shows back in the 60's when I was in the NTSU band. I'll give Maurice credit though. He did know how to take a 125 piece band and make it sound huge.

• Upvote 1

If you think that wandering out on the field and lining up like some Jr. High band is better than something like this.....

...then you deserve what you get. It's the bands job to get the crowd pumped and going. And guess what? The crowd IS pumped! And they look forward to this opportunity to participate with the band!

I'm no fan of jogging/running. The quick step of the Ohio State band is preferable.

i don't see that much difference between Mich and our band... except maybe the drum major prancing around and then falling on his head...

• Downvote 1

and-here-we-go.jpg Edited by meangreener