rice

drex

Have you ever been to Rice's campus? We lived in the Houston area for 2 years. their campus sits directly inbetween Barrio A and Barrio B. Not a sign a very many rich folk. U of H is actually safer. One of the main reasons why my favorite player rejected the offer.

What in the world are you talking about, Rice is in one of the best parts of Houston. Are you sure you ever lived here?

• Upvote 2

Are you screwing with me?

You cant be serious.

I'll take Dallas after dark before Houston any day of the week. I still have my zoo pass in my wallet. A "kid" ( I say kid bc she looked at least 16) got raped the last day we went before we moved back to DFW.

I'm hearing twilight zone music.....

Spent a few hours around Rice campus last season when we played Houston. Very uppity area with that old money feel. Very pretty and safe feeling though. Is this a bit, SSP?
  • Upvote 2

I've $10 that says she was in Dublin, TX

No, I can honestly say that I dont know exactly where that is.

Spent a few hours around Rice campus last season when we played Houston. Very uppity area with that old money feel. Very pretty and safe feeling though. Is this a bit, SSP?

LOL.... I am pretty bored and have a mild case of ADD. I'll never tell. ;)

Sure is fun watching it consume everyone's evening though.... :)

• Downvote 2

Steph, the arguments about Houston are moot because according to at least 1 person on here from Houston, anyone who doesn't like it there has mental or emotional problems. I knew any mention of Houston in a negative light would start this crap all over again.

• Upvote 3

She clearly hasn't been to Houston. But she does kegstands in Ireland, so there's that.

Please tell me you aren't a college kid who's against girls doing keg stands? And while you're at it can you please stay on topic. I've lived in sh$tholes. Houston nor DFW qualify as crappy places. Not even close. It's a ridiculous discussion. (Not drunk girls. Drunk girls are swell.) Breath...

Anyway, IF we win Saturday, Rice is going to be huge. I am not thrilled about these short practice weeks either. At least it's a home game. Rice is going to be tough. I must say I hope they aren't as healthy as we are. Which I think we are fortunate in that department. Hopefully, we are healthy after Southern Miss. I don't know why but I have a feeling Southern Miss could be bad.

Steph, the arguments about Houston are moot because according to at least 1 person on here from Houston, anyone who doesn't like it there has mental or emotional problems. I knew any mention of Houston in a negative light would start this crap all over again.

:)

Yeah, I figured that out a few hours ago. Just thought I'd screw with them for a bit since I was bored. ;)

People take stuff so personally on "the internet". Its almost like this is their personal lives. Made my night. Thanks, ya'll!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Aubrey>Krugerville

Toss up. Taxes are now lower in Aubrey.

However, I think we are about to become traitors and try to transfer to Pilot Point. (gasp) Yes, I know. But, with the new Wally World on 380... We'll be 4A overnight. And we prefer the smaller town life.

Edited by SSP

I think SSP got lost and ended up at Houston Baptist U in the heart of Sharpstown, and THOUGHT she was at Rice / West U. :P

Hint: Rice is in CUSA and has a 70,000 seat stadium. It's hard to miss it, even with all of the trees in West U. HBU just took one of the empty spots in the SouthLand conference, and has a football field but no bleachers, let alone a stadium. Shopping in West U: High-end boutiques. Shopping in Sharpstown: Plaza de las Americas (formerly known as Sharpstown Mall), or the "Everything's a $1.00" store.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh... and one more truth for you. My bubble was doing keg stands in Ireland while you were hitting puberty..

Temple Bar area...big red square way cool bar perhaps? Been there .... Done that ... Loved it! It's the area where I learned that I liked Smithwick's much more than Guiness. Perhaps a crime in Dublin, but draft Smithwick's rates right up there with Yuengling for me as more mass produced beverages go!

BTW...I like Houston about as much as you seem to like the place. LOL with your thread fun here.

• Upvote 1

This... Um...

KingDL1? Isn't this what we're paying you for now?

Wait... Moderation pays these days???

Where do I sign up?

Oh, and Houston is ass as a city, and sweaty ass at that. If I never have to go back, it will be too soon.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3

Temple Bar area...big red square way cool bar perhaps? Been there .... Done that ... Loved it! It's the area where I learned that I liked Smithwick's much more than Guiness. Perhaps a crime in Dublin, but draft Smithwick's rates right up there with Yuengling for me as more mass produced beverages go!

BTW...I like Houston about as much as you seem to like the place. LOL with your thread fun here.

It was McGowans in Dublin and it was indeed Smithwicks! Good Call!