Is Tulane Good?

BIG DAWG

I saw them losing to ECU, Tulsa, Rice the rest of the way. Maybe UTSA before they showed they are not nearly as good as the point total they put up against Okie St suggested.

Now? Tulsa looks poor, Rice is probably the only guaranteed loss. We need them to drop one more and we need to go undefeated. Not too tall of a task but still much more unlikely than I thought'd be.

• Upvote 2

We need them to drop one more and we need to go undefeated.

I assume you're talking about winning C-USA West. Seeing as that they are 3-0 in conference, wouldn't we need them to drop two more? If we both were to end up with one loss, I'm thinking they'd hold the tiebreaker since they beat us.

• Upvote 1

Their QB change seems to have helped a bit too. Right now I think it's weird but the top teams in the West are Rice, us, and Tulane. I expected Rice, La Tech and Tulsa. Still think we shouldn't underestimate UTSA, just like the East shouldn't underestimate FAU. I don't expect either to win their division, but they could play spoiler for somebody's race to the division crown. Tulane has gone from spoiler to contender.

Also...what does CUSA use as a tiebreaker? If we beat Rice and Rice beats Tulane, but other than that all 3 of us win out, do they use overall record as the next tiebreaker? If so then Rice would take the division. There's a lot of football still left to be played, but it's interesting to consider.

Edited by JesseMartin

I saw them losing to ECU, Tulsa, Rice the rest of the way. Maybe UTSA before they showed they are not nearly as good as the point total they put up against Okie St suggested.

Now? Tulsa looks poor, Rice is probably the only guaranteed loss. We need them to drop one more and we need to go undefeated. Not too tall of a task but still much more unlikely than I thought'd be.

We really need Rice to beat Tulane and us to beat Rice.... then win out the rest of the way. Gold.

I assume you're talking about winning C-USA West. Seeing as that they are 3-0 in conference, wouldn't we need them to drop two more? If we both were to end up with one loss, I'm thinking they'd hold the tiebreaker since they beat us.

Three way tie with us, Tulane, and Rice all taking turns beating each other and finishing 7-1 in conference. Very unlikely and early to be talking about that, but it is a possibility.

We just need to take care of our business for now.

The Tulane v Rice game to close the regular season is setting up to be very interesting.

We missed our chance last week to minimize the importance of this game on Tulane's side

The Rice game looks even more critical for us...but ONLY if we take care of business these next two weeks. We HAVE to learn how to win on the road.

I think Tulane plus the CUSA refs are better than us, but I think Tulane w/o that team of CUSA refs were not better than us.

I thought last night's game was going to be the CUSA's refs post Tulane encore game until I think Coach Mac pulled 1 or 2 of em' aside and had a quick "come to Jesus" talk with them plus..............our very vociferous crowd went after them for that bad TD call which was reviewed and over-turned and on that call did you year Hank of the MGRN say (and I loosely paraphrase)..........

.............."I believe the home faithful response helped reverse that call?" And he said that after it was shown on the JumboTron and our thought our fans were going to jump onto the field and have our first public hanging of a refree from the south end zone goal post.

Now I wish we had ECU on our schedule since MUTS gave the Pirates a run for it but to be honest, I think we'll all take 2 road wins over La Tech and USM first.

A great night to be Mean Green!

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

IF we were to go undefeated from here on out (which probably won't happen), I can see Tulane losing two conference games. One against Rice and the other against either Tulsa, FAU or even perhaps UTSA. However, we really hurt our chances to win the West by losing against them. In any event, all we can control is focusing on La Tech, which won't be an easy game, especially because it'll be on the road.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever

Recruiting pays off and they have hit it big time over the past two classes. They have several FR/SO not only playing but playing at a high level and also have a DT who could start for any CUSA team. Ryan Grant is impressive and they have some decent backs but that team is a couple of injuries away from being in bad shape on offense. I think we are in this race just as much as anyone.