New Orleans/Tulane Game Role Call and 2013 Trip Details!

kj86

Hold everything- the team is staying at the airport- the party is at Burbon st. Advancement (ie. since they asked if many people would go to the game) will have a get-together down town area ( 30 minutes from the AP). Bourbon ST. is down town soooooo. Get a room in walking distance to to dome & you'll find the tailgate/ fun prior to the game & after wards...

• Upvote 1

Yep...if you have NO LUGGAGE at all, and if you put nothing in the overhead and if you want nothing to eat OR drink, etc., etc. you are great with Spirit. Otherwise, I would avoid them like the plague. They serve a purpose and can be a low-cost way to get from place to place, and I would not worry about safety. BUT, they are FEE DRIVEN..so get ready for that. Often the fees...which can be high...well off-set the "low" cost one gets for the actual ticket. To me they are the world's best at bait and switch and hiding fees that the airline industry (all pretty good these days at that sort of thing) has ever produced! They put AA to shame with their fee tactics! All disclosed, as they say...but do you really read all that stuff?

You will get there and get back just fine...but the warning to "pack light" is a really really good one. Do not say you were not warned.

• Upvote 1

Spirit's fees are not hidden at all, they state them explicitly. Most of the angst comes from travellers who don't bother to check it out or think they can get away with something and fail to do so. It's a bad choice for taking a long trip or one requiring lots of luggage. It's a good choice for flights of less than 2 hrs AND traveling (very) light. The one thing that trips up most folks is the overweight luggage charge starts at 40 lbs instead of 50 like other airlines. Again, it's not "hidden" but easy to be caught unaware of how much your checked luggage weighs.

• Upvote 1

I am working on finalizing a GoMeanGreen bar and will post more info on that as soon as I can. In the meantime for those making N.O. travel plans please post here in this thread so we can keep everyone in the loop and get together once we get there. Lurkers please keep checking this thread so you will know where to meet up with us. Have a good vibe about his trip --- I think it is going to be a lot of fun! GMG

Myself plus one. Headed down Thursday for a little Friday sightseeing. Know 3 others going that don't post on here.

Did we ever get a team bar worked out? Clock is ticking.

We are going to partner up with the Alumni Association on the bar. They are working on a deal which should be announced soon which will include drink specials, food etc. Stay tuned.