TCU new uniform

Marty

I don't hate them, but I don't love them. I know a lot of people on here don't care for our unis, but I actually really like them... except that the helmet should have our logo and not say North Texas. But that has been well established on this board by everyone, many times over.

• Upvote 1

No it is not. Neither is black... Still they use both all the time (Black a lot). The red is used because a Horned Frog (which is really a lizard) shoots blood out of their eyes to scare off possible attackers.

I know he said "to us red is about battle" , but I I really think Patterson doesn't know why the red is in there uni. That would be shocking.

As far as the uniforms themselves, I think they're boring. The helmet I don't get either. Why have the logo on the back? However, the players looked like they loved them and that's all that matters. I'd like to see what their other jerseys look like, I think it would be better than these.

http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=172598

Cool, you stopped playing with yourself long enough to start a North Texas, TCU and tU versus Kansas State comparison thread on Killer Frogs.....and for once in a blue moon North Texas isn't the worst.

Margin of victory by KSU:

TCU: 13

UNT: 14

UT: 18

Gave up:

TCU: 23 - lowest they scored all year

UNT: 35

UT: 42

Rick

• Upvote 1

Haters gonna hate. Mr. Orr likes our uniforms. ;)

Also, the rumor about me being booted from KillerFrogs is faker than UNT's chance to go to a bowl game.

I'm sure you all will enjoy this tidbit:

http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=172598

They still look like crap. You know why Oregon, Maryland, TCU, etc... do this? To draw attention because they do not have a traditional look that people remember, so they trick it up. If uniforms made such a huge difference then explain why Penn State continues to recruit and sign the best kids even in the wake of their scandal. They are doing well because they have a successful history and a tradition of winning. I believe kids love them, but I don't think it is the deciding factor in where they sign.

Oh, and starting a topic, although not true, about us on the TCU board shows how obsessed with us you are.

Edited by UNTLifer

Do you realize that TCU still had a winning record even though their two best and most experience running backs (one for the entire season the other for almost half the season), their starting QB who was leading the NCAA in passer rating, a linebacker that would rival the best from any team last year, and about 5 more players before and during the first few weeks of the season? TCU started more freshman than anyone else in NCAA football last year. There is not many teams that could end up achieving a winning record with issues like this. Most of the older TCU fans hate these uniforms, but the recruits love them. That is what matters. Most teams are not Alabama or Penn State, so why not mix up the uniforms the get more recognition?

Did you even read my post? Has TCU already won the Big XII or something? I am talking about uniforms here. I am happy you like TCU and their uniforms, me I don't care a rip about TCU and their uniforms...like I said, looks like the circus came to Ft. Worth and TCU, and I have never seen a uniform win anything by itself except maybe a school girl fashion contest.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Chatted up a good friend and coworker who's a TCU alum and who I'm bringing to a game sometime this season -- he hates it and says AA lot of his brethren are shaking their heads in shame. The blood streaks for the eyes are there, but he doesn't think Patterson has any faith in this uniform either.

Looks like the circus came to Ft. Worth. If you can't win in the Big XII at least have "modern" uniforms, right? Who cares? No one unless you are a TCU fan. I will say again...Alabama has some of the more "old fashioned" uniforms around...as does Penn State. Hasn't seemed to have their won/loss column. I don't much care. I leave this uniform stuff up to these wearing them and their coaches and AD. Me, just win in whatever you wear or don't wear.

If the team feels good about what they wear I could not care less about what others might think.

In the section of your post you make reference to the fact that TCU is not "winning in the Big 12". All I was explaining is that they did have a winning record in spite of many set backs. Clearly, you were not just talking about uniforms. It is not a big deal, I just wanted to inform you of the facts. Have a great day!

• Downvote 1

Haters gonna hate. Mr. Orr likes our uniforms. ;)

Also, the rumor about me being booted from KillerFrogs is faker than UNT's chance to go to a bowl game.

I'm sure you all will enjoy this tidbit:

http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?s=d02b60d9c7835c800675a1e435d989df&showtopic=172598

Why are you so intent on single-handedly trying to fire up a North Texas-TCU rivalry? And you fill a post full of lies to do it.

A. I've never seen ANY TCU bashing before you came here. Check what we were saying here when TCU played Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl--we were all pulling for TCU, and historically have. Anything that comes across as TCU-bashing is just in response to your trolling. And I know that a troll is all you are, so I have no idea why I'm responding to you.

B. Nobody says TCU kept North Texas out of the SWC. The story is that SMU did, and I believe that comes from Hayden Fry's autobiography, among other sources. I really don't know if it's true. But don't try to replace "SMU" with "TCU" to try to make the people at the TCU board like you.

C. Desperate for a rivalry with UTSA? I suppose there are a couple of knuckleheads here whom that might describe. And I can see it eats you with jealousy that we are not as consumed with TCU as you are with North Texas.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 2

Since FroggyStyle was kind enough to post the link, I should point out that not all on killerfrogs agree with FroggyStyle's trolling.

"The mods deleted his post because everyone on GOMEANGREEN is tired of him trolling. All He does is go on there and talk smack. He is the Rodog of the GOMEANGREEN board. It is sad really. I am all for trolls being deleted. "

I have a ton of respect for TCU football. If I were FroggyStyle's peers on that board, I would not support his trolling at all . He is an embarrassment to their fine program and what is normally a group of classy fans. At least a few of them were not impressed with his actions here.
Every school has a few of them. When I see one of ours trolling other boards, I get embarrassed for my school.
  • Upvote 3

Yep, they are great for about 35% of BCS schools, yet they have separated the haves and have nots better than Communism could have done.

And the NCAA has become their politburo.

Still waiting for the numbers showing decreased attendance and revenue in college football overall to support your claim. Not at all saying I disagree, just want to see your data. Making statements like you did seems to indicate you did some research...probably not as your justification was yet another generalization or flat opinion.

Have no problem if you say "in my opinion"..... But, you did not..you stated it as a fact. Again, not saying I disagree, just want to know where your facts came from to back up that statement. Interesting numbers I would think.

• Downvote 1

Still waiting for the numbers showing decreased attendance and revenue in college football overall to support your claim. Not at all saying I disagree, just want to see your data. Making statements like you did seems to indicate you did some research...probably not as your justification was yet another generalization or flat opinion.

Have no problem if you say "in my opinion"..... But, you did not..you stated it as a fact. Again, not saying I disagree, just want to know where your facts came from to back up that statement. Interesting numbers I would think.

In my opinion.

Better?