Meltdown within the Mean Green Nation

Mean_Green09

The only 'meltdown' I saw on here were the ones who don't like the Throwback Unis to be worn on the 31st... I support Mac's choice, and Derek knows what to do. Berglund (whom I'm personally rooting for, next Season) can learn, and if God Forbid, Derek gets hurt again, can step-in. Go Green!

Edited by NTSUEagle
  • Upvote 2

I think Coach Mac is making the right decision here. Its my belief that DT has earned the right to get the first crack at the job. He has experience and has shown that we can win with him under center. He hasn't had much help on the receiving end, not the mention that our defense has been less than stellar. I understand the QB gets all of the blame (and fame) for wins and losses, but this TEAM can win with DT. Like I said, I think he deserves a chance in the opener to prove that the job is his. If he doesn't perform, then let's start looking at Plan B. But get behind DT and give him a chance to prove himself.

• Upvote 3

Right now there is no reason to meltdown. It’s not like Tom Brady was our starter and just went down for the year.

Having graduated high school with the back up QB to Tom Brady, Ryan Mallett, I'd tell ya I'd be freaking out as well. That guy's an ass but with a Howitzer for an arm.

• Upvote 1

We all want to win. Some on GMG.com just express that admirable desire in so many different ways, but lest we all forget....we are all still sitting at the same dinner table and even sometimes throwing mama's made from scratch Texas-sized biscuits at each other for effect and a little attention until mama says..............ENOUGH, SONS, AND NO DESERT TONIGHT! :)

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Derek seems to always look good in practice, but come game time, he's a whole different player. Can't hit the broad side of a barn. I sure hope he makes us start a DT apology thread this season. I'll be the first to post. But I fear we are in for a long haul this season with him in the driver's seat. Sorry DT. It's just how I feel.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Derek seems to always look good in practice, but come game time, he's a whole different player. Can't hit the broad side of a barn. I sure hope he makes us start a DT apology thread this season. I'll be the first to post. But I fear we are in for a long haul this season with him in the driver's seat. Sorry DT. It's just how I feel.

Me too

Remember when so many were complaining, because they thought Todd Dodge burned Derek's redshirt unnecessarily by playing him in an insignificant game back in 2009 ? DT went 3 of 3 for 60 yards and a TD. He was going to be our QB of the future.

Funny how things change. If Dodge had not burned Thompson's redshirt, he would be around for another year after this ;)

• Downvote 1

The last time I saw a meltdown (of the team and the fan base) it was after the Rice debacle. And in that case a meltdown was very appropriate.

And let me just add this. I would take a meltdown (the screaming and gnashing of teeth type) any day over what has been the North Texas tradition for so/to long. And that is indifference and apathy.

So there 09, stick that in your perspective pipe and smoke it......... B)

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Remember when so many were complaining, because they thought Todd Dodge burned Derek's redshirt unnecessarily by playing him in an insignificant game back in 2009 ? DT went 3 of 3 for 60 yards and a TD. He was going to be our QB of the future.

Funny how things change. If Dodge had not burned Thompson's redshirt, he would be around for another year after this ;)

He took a medical RS in 2010. So this would still be his last year.

• Upvote 1

Pretty sure the Benford saga qualifies as a more recent meltdown. :mellow:

That has not been a meltdown it is just a little passion, if we have a losing season, if our offense sucks, then you may see a meltdown.

You been around long enough too know what a complete meltdown can be.

• Upvote 1

Just wait till we lose our 1st game..

This is a concern (if you are talking about Idaho)...they seem to have an outstanding QB...if you remember last season's Dan Mac comments concerning WKU...ie them being a joke, if you will...and then guess who won that game !!! yea !!

Edited by houstonmeangreen

Honest question for you 09. If Kyle Orton tore it up in practice and the pre-season games would you favor benching Tony Romo for the season opener? Is "he has played the best in practice" really intended to be re-assuring when we've seen the in game evidence? You speak of the other quarterbacks' "potential" as if it shouldn't be intriguing to us all. In truth, being a superstar in practice only means you have the potential to carry it over into Saturday...and we haven't seen that yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The last time I saw a meltdown (of the team and the fan base) it was after the Rice debacle. And in that case a meltdown was very appropriate.

And let me just add this. I would take a meltdown (the screaming and gnashing of teeth type) any day over what has been the North Texas tradition for so/to long. And that is indifference and apathy.

So there 09, stick that in your perspective pipe and smoke it......... B)

Yeah not sure there is anything to smoke out of that comment. I refuse to agree with any meltdown before seeing the team play. I refuse to agree with the fans who believe that DT being labeled as a starter at this point of the season is a reason to believe we will lose more games than we win. This season does not hinge on DT alone. He may show huge improvement, but if we dont see improvement from other areas well then it wont matter.