The Vikings is AWESOME...great show...grab a beer, turn it on and enjoy!

Hot Viking females in the show as well...helps make it even better! ha! That and some great Viking slah and burn stuff!

Never seen the show but my bro'sy Australian bud loves it and was playing the theme song the other day, when HOLY COW LOOK AT FEVER RAY GETTING SOME QUALITY TV TIME.

Love that band.

• Upvote 1

Star Trek TOS

Alright so more glories of Netflix! They have every single season of every single Star Trek television series as well as most every one of the films too.

Sweet! So of course my wife and I start re-watching The Next Generation in order rather than the syndication we had to hodge-podge through.

Then I stumbled onto this: Star Trek Chronology (Bonus: Wiki)

DANG!

So now we're slowly doing the entire Star Trek canon from chronological beginning to end. We're gone through Enterprise and are just about onto the final few episodes of The Original Series.

I have a buddy who has seen every single scrap of Star Trek-related video media, and claims it clocks in at just under a solid month of time to watch it all.

So awesome.

• Upvote 1

A lot of suggestions for things that ran multiple seasons, so two recommendations that are smaller time investments:

If you want something you can watch and enjoy, with characters you can root for... And you don't want to dive in to a show that will commit you to 100+ episodes, try a one season animated show called "Unsupervised". It was on FX for 12 or 13 episodes, and I think it's on Netflix. There are quite a few stellar episodes ("Field of Dreams... and Dogs", "Stupid Idiots", "Nits", "Youngbloods", and "The Great Traveler's Road" are the standouts) but the last one ("Reggie Dog Bites") consistently made me laugh so much I kept it on the DVR from before Christmas and only deleted it about a month ago. Probably watched that episode at least 15 times. The show has some dark humor and goes to some very uncomfortable places... But the main characters are lovable and unflappably optimistic.

Another one season wonder on FX that was pretty good and ended in a satisfying way was "Lights Out". Inconsistent, but definitely worth checking out if you like boxing and you're willing to commit to all 13 episodes.

A lot of suggestions for things that ran multiple seasons, so two recommendations that are smaller time investments:

If you want something you can watch and enjoy, with characters you can root for... And you don't want to dive in to a show that will commit you to 100+ episodes, try a one season animated show called "Unsupervised". It was on FX for 12 or 13 episodes, and I think it's on Netflix. There are quite a few stellar episodes ("Field of Dreams... and Dogs", "Stupid Idiots", "Nits", "Youngbloods", and "The Great Traveler's Road" are the standouts) but the last one ("Reggie Dog Bites") consistently made me laugh so much I kept it on the DVR from before Christmas and only deleted it about a month ago. Probably watched that episode at least 15 times. The show has some dark humor and goes to some very uncomfortable places... But the main characters are lovable and unflappably optimistic.

Another one season wonder on FX that was pretty good and ended in a satisfying way was "Lights Out". Inconsistent, but definitely worth checking out if you like boxing and you're willing to commit to all 13 episodes.

Good call on Lights Out. Another one that fits the good short lived show criteria was Terriers. Only one season. Worth a watch though.

New FX series The Bridge is off to a good start.

Also:

The Shield

The Wire

Deadwood

Rome

The Americans

Hannibal

What happened with "The Americans?" I was watching that in then nothing. I may have missed the season ender, but FX usually offers replays.

Just started watching "The Bridge." DVR'ed the first couple of episodes and watched the first one last night. Looks to be interesting.

What season is "Son's of Anarchy" currently filming? My nephew has been after me to watch this, but I would like to start from the first season and am not sure if I have the time to commit to all of the back seasons.

Good call on Lights Out. Another one that fits the good short lived show criteria was Terriers. Only one season. Worth a watch though.

Another one-season show...Rubicon from AMC...may not be in many's wheel-house, though...it's slow-moving and cerebral, but that's my sort of thing.

• Upvote 1

Along this same line, American Horror Story (also FX) is kind of nice in that each season is like a "miniseries" of 13 episodes, I'm about to watch the last episode of the first season and it will wrap up the storyline. Season 2 starts a whole new story and same with season 3 starting this fall. If you don't have the time or the means to watch the old seasons, you don't have to watch them to be able to jump right into season 3.

Another one-season show...Rubicon from AMC...may not be in many's wheel-house, though...it's slow-moving and cerebral, but that's my sort of thing.

Great call. Show was probably too cerebral to find a wide audience, but it was excellent television.

Speaking of AMC, I'm interested in their new series Low Winter Sun. Believe it premieres in August.

I don't see unsupervised on Netflix...

What happened with "The Americans?" I was watching that in then nothing. I may have missed the season ender, but FX usually offers replays.

Just started watching "The Bridge." DVR'ed the first couple of episodes and watched the first one last night. Looks to be interesting.

What season is "Son's of Anarchy" currently filming? My nephew has been after me to watch this, but I would like to start from the first season and am not sure if I have the time to commit to all of the back seasons.

The Americans was Great! FX has a solid full year of must watch shows. SOA, Justified, The Americans, The League and The Bridge

Hell on Wheels

The Good Guys- maybe my favorite show of the last 20 years

Dexter- the first few seasons

Mad Men- the first few seasons.

Elementary

Boardwalk Empire

House of Cards

Sherlock

Person of Interest

The Bridge

I rarely watch TV, and for some reason have bad luck in that everything I like usually gets cancelled within a season or two. So lately all I've been watching are:

Grimm

Once Upon a Time

Misfits

Last Man Standing

Raising Hope

I was into Heroes, Smallville, Alcatraz, Breaking In, My Own Worst Enemy, The Cape, etc (basically lots of superhero and thriller type stuff) but obviously most of those didn't do too well so that's why I rarely bother trying to follow anything.

Oh yeah, and Dexter, House of Lies, United States of Tara, and the new one with Live Shreiber (Donovan?) are pretty awesome from what I've seen, but aside from Dexter I've only caught a little of each.