UNT O-Line; 8 guys 6-5 or over

Harry

This is the tallest group that I can recall... back in the Dickey bowl days we typically saw shorter offensive linemen with less size...not to mean they weren't good players in their own right. I think this may be the area in which we have seen the most change in this program over the past 5-10 years. The defensive line need to get there next.

BTW - I used "6-5 or over" because I think Antonio Johnson is 6-6...even though he is listed at 6-5...

Updated football roster link

My guess is he will be at around 300-305 lbs by the time the season starts. The webpage should say 297, not 197. No OL has lost close to 100 lbs in a year in this team. He's been gaining some muscle weight since recruited.

Maybe I was being sarcastic, maybe.

It's funny when you take a step back and think about players' sizes compared to everybody else. I spent so long trying to get up to 150 pounds...and I'm in good shape, but even if I'd had parental support to play in high school, the possibility of ever playing at this level would be laughable. Unless I was a kicker...or the ball.

OFFICIALLY...."Big C" as his mom refers to him, is 6'5, 297 ish....Believe the one that supplements his meal plan. 197 lbs is close to his 7th grade playing weight and a typo on the roster.

He does have a 16 year old brother (class of 2015) that will be at Friday night lights football camp on the 26th, that is a 6'4, 197 TE.

Edited by trussbussdad
  • Upvote 6

UNT90 says they're all actually 6'2". He's stood next to them.

Not yet, but I'll give it the eyeball test during the Mean Green March on Aug. 31st.

Just for you, sweetie.

I do question Y'barbo's 6'2" listing, but as long as he can move people (which he can), who really cares.

It is more interesting to me that only one guy listed at 6'5, Johnson is scheduled to start.

Well, five of the eight are new to the squad this year. The other two... Feldt, if he had lived up to his Parade All-America publicity, should be starting. Trussel is a redshirt freshman who will start before he's done here.