Middle Tennessee L

Louisiana Tech L

Southern Miss W

Rice L

UTEP W

UTSA W

Tulsa L

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5584&s=199231

I thought Georgia would be an easy win... Guess they don't think the way I do.

All kidding aside, I feel as if many of those losses could easily become wins if we don't have as many late-game mistakes.

Last year could've turned out a tad more impressive if we played better in the 4th quarter.

Runner, you're going to have to beat UNT if you want them to stop looking down on you. As terrible as UNT is, I'm honestly not sure if UTSA can handle them. Especially after watching your game against Rice after our 0-3 team tossed them around like rag dolls a mere two weeks before.plus they were coming off a loss to Memphis of all teams. That being said, if you guys survive your Murderer's Row of New Mexico, Arizona, Okie Lite and us with minimal injuries and reasonably competitive games, then I like your chances in Denton come November.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Runner, you're going to have to beat UNT if you want them to stop looking down on you. As terrible as UNT is, I'm honestly not sure if UTSA can handle them. Especially after watching your game against Rice after our 0-3 team tossed them around like rag dolls a mere two weeks before.plus they were coming off a loss to Memphis of all teams. That being said, if you guys survive your Murderer's Row of New Mexico, Arizona, Okie Lite and us with minimal injuries and reasonably competitive games, then I like your chances in Denton come November.

Aren't you just adorable!
  • Upvote 5

King, I'm not saying were all that but this team lays down for nobody. We are going to surprise a lot of people just like we did last year. I really believe we will go 6-6 this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

King, I'm not saying were all that but this team lays down for nobody. We are going to surprise a lot of people just like we did last year. I really believe we will go 6-6 this year.

I noticed that you guys took care of some games that could have gone either way and your QB threw for over 2K so that's very respectable. Coker's a good coach and he will have his team ready this season. I think all we are saying is this years UTSA schedule is a different deal. I do appreciate your optimism. Reminds me of how I felt heading into 95.

I like you Harry. I hope come November when we play you guys I'm invited for a cold one with you UNT posters! Yes I'm bringing some fried chicken. Lol.

You sir......are more than invited to join the tailgate in November. Even in the face of the amount of crap your team has been given on this board you handle it with class.

I really like your definition of a "murderer's row" if it includes New Mexico and Cougar High. Throw in New Mexico State and you'll have my eternal devotion. :rock:

• Upvote 2

I really like your definition of a "murderer's row" if it includes New Mexico and Cougar High. Throw in New Mexico State and you'll have my eternal devotion. :rock:

In all fairness, compared to their schedule last year, it kind of is. Just by sheer comparison, I mean. They may not be SEC or PAC teams, but definitely a different league than most of what helped them to their decent outing last year. I still expect them to come along pretty quickly with the huge amount of support they have...unless it all drips away with "fair weather fans" when they hit rough seasons during their early growing period. We'll see...hey, that sounds familiar.

#53 Tulsa

#54 Louisiana Tech

#85 Rice

#94 Middle Tennessee

#101 Marshall

#110 FIU

#115 North Texas

#120 UTEP

#128 FAU

#140 Southern Miss

#147 UTSA

#148 Tulane

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=11604&s=199231

North Texas

Idaho W

Ohio L

Ball State L

Georgia L

Tulane W

Middle Tennessee L

Louisiana Tech L

Southern Miss W

Rice L

UTEP W

UTSA W

Tulsa L

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5584&s=199231

I agree with his assessment, record-wise. Seriously, how weak is your schedule, though, if you can go 5-7 and still be considered the 115th best program in the country? CUSA was supposed to be a stepup in competition, but this schedule isn't really any stronger than the old SBC schedule we usually played, especially since our OOC schedules most of those years was dramatically tougher than this years.

I agree with his assessment, record-wise. Seriously, how weak is your schedule, though, if you can go 5-7 and still be considered the 115th best program in the country? CUSA was supposed to be a stepup in competition, but this schedule isn't really any stronger than the old SBC schedule we usually played, especially since our OOC schedules most of those years was dramatically tougher than this years.

This schedule isn't any stronger than our Sunbelt schedule. It's probably weaker, top to bottom. But at least now we can lose to teams people have heard of. So that's a plus, right?

• Upvote 1