Shooting at MIT/Chase/Explosions and Apprehension in Cambridge

My gut inclination is of a scared kid that got roped into something he never could have imagined by his big brother. Not to say he's not guilty as sin... But I'm glad he was taken alive.

Very sad situation. It was ultimately he who got involved and chose to join and he deserves all of the consequences, but a very very small part of me feels sorry for him; similar to my feelings on America's youth that got caught up in gangs and drugs.

• Upvote 2

Very sad situation. It was ultimately he who got involved and chose to join and he deserves all of the consequences, but a very very small part of me feels sorry for him; similar to my feelings on America's youth that got caught up in gangs and drugs.

I Dont feel an ounce of remorse....he knowingly blew up and killed innocent people. May the bastard rot in hell.

• Upvote 2

I don't feel sorry for him nor anybody getting caught up in gangs. They all have choices and they deserve anything and everything bad they'll be getting.

Edited by Green Mean
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't fell sorry for the SOB. He took a spot of someone that could have been a productive citizen and used if to kill innocent civilians.

Screw this guy. If the computers show contact with any foreign terror group, throw his ass in Gitmo and treat him like what he is, an enemy combatant.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I've never heard of this before, not being given your Miranda rights:

A senior Justice Department official told ABC News that federal law enforcement officials are invoking the public safety exception to the Miranda rights, so that Tsarnaev will be questioned immediately without having Miranda rights issued to him.

link

I feel no sorrow for him. Yes he was influenced by his brother. But this wasn't stealing a pack of cigerettes, or liquor from your dad's cabinet. The little bitch dropped a bomb at the foot of an 8 year old. What the hell did he think would happen, it would blow the child into the air and he would land on a soft fluffy mattress being held by Grover and Elmo?

He should be held as an enemy combantant, but I believe this administration has said that it would not prosecute citizens as enemy comantants. Maybe that's what they were waiting for? The 19yo only became a citizen on September 11, oddly enough.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I've never heard of this before, not being given your Miranda rights:

link

A "public safety exception" is exactly what it sounds like. If there is a possible risk/threat to the public (i.e. more bombs planned, etc) then you do not have the right to avoid self-incrimination, have an attorney present, etc. Basically, in this instance, the problem is that there could be criminals trying to use our own justice system as a way to buy time for others to act by keeping the attention on themselves and their mouths shut. As an upside, if there is one, if he rats out a swarm of similar bastards, they may go softer on him. Like, maybe he gets HBO in prison or something.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't fell sorry for the SOB. He took a spot of someone that could have been a productive citizen and used if to kill innocent civilians.

Screw this guy. If the computers show contact with any foreign terror group, throw his ass in Gitmo and treat him like what he is, an enemy combatant.

I'm sure the Boston PD wouldn't mind waterboarding the punk first.

I'm sure the Boston PD wouldn't mind waterboarding the punk first.

Forget that. Give me 10 minutes with him and I can tell you if anybody taught him anything other than "make gunpowder hot and it will go boom". Mwahahah.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As I look at a yahoo article titled "Simple Bosyon Bonb Plot Hatched Without Foreign Help, Authorities believe", I wonder why the media is wanting to dismiss outside help so quickly.

Oh, and the source tdat there was no outside help? The puke that set off the bomb. Really?

It is going to take several weeks to look through every computer file, every computer conversation to determine who had what contact with whom.

The article even goes on to say that the dead ringleader took a trip 6 months ago to Chechnya during a violent terror period in that country.

And Russia warned us that he had been radicalized.

Of course, this info is buried at the bottom of the article. That fact that it completely belies the title of the article makes no sense at all.

Why the push to attempt to call this "domestic terrorism" when it is plain as day that this is Islamic extremist terrorism?

So stupid.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

As I look at a yahoo article titled "Simple Bosyon Bonb Plot Hatched Without Foreign Help, Authorities believe", I wonder why the media is wanting to dismiss outside help so quickly.

Oh, and the source tdat there was no outside help? The puke that set off the bomb. Really?

It is going to take several weeks to look through every computer file, every computer conversation to determine who had what contact with whom.

The article even goes on to say that the dead ringleader took a trip 6 months ago to Chechnya during a violent terror period in that country.

And Russia warned us that he had been radicalized.

Of course, this info is buried at the bottom of the article. That fact that it completely belies the title of the article makes no sense at all.

Why the push to attempt to call this "domestic terrorism" when it is plain as day that this is Islamic extremist terrorism?

So stupid.

Stupid yahoo using expert opinions, facts and common sense to write an un-emotional and un-biased article.

And for the love of god, invest in a tablet if you're gonna insist on posting from a mobile device.

• Upvote 4

Stupid yahoo using expert opinions, facts and common sense to write an un-emotional and un-biased article.

And for the love of god, invest in a tablet if you're gonna insist on posting from a mobile device.

I believe skandrew says he posts from a tablet...not the cure all you are looking for I think.
  • Upvote 2

Ya, quoting "unnamed sources" always works out so well for news organizations early in an investigative process. And make no mistake, it's early. What is painfully obvious is that this was the act of an Islamist Extremist. Call it what it is.

I will continue to use the iPhone to post, if only to annoy you ;-)

Your right.

They are 16 year old American citizens, much like CBL thought from the brilliant Internet investigators.

Oh, wait...

I made the assumption that based on the simplicity of the bombs, the ready-accessibility of the target, the lack of any foreign or domestic entity laying claim to the attack and the apparent lack of an after-the-bombs-go-off plan on the part of the perpetrators that this likely wasn't a well thought-out, coordinated effort and may well be the work of a 16 year old who is probably scared out of his mind.

Guess I missed it by 3 and 10 years.

I made the assumption that based on the simplicity of the bombs, the ready-accessibility of the target, the lack of any foreign or domestic entity laying claim to the attack and the apparent lack of an after-the-bombs-go-off plan on the part of the perpetrators that this likely wasn't a well thought-out, coordinated effort and may well be the work of a 16 year old who is probably scared out of his mind.

Guess I missed it by 3 and 10 years.

You do understand that an additional device similiar to the devices used at the marathon were reportedly (again, it's the over anxious media, so who knows) found at the house where the oldest suspect (who had recently spent 6 months in Russia in a region VERY active in Islamic terrrist attacks, returning to the US much more religious and radical than before he left) resided, correct?

Point being there is a lot of evidence left to go through before we can say for certain whether he had islamic terror training during those 6 months.

But what we do know is:

He posted Islamic Jihad videos on his Facebook page

A foriegn government, probably Russia, warned us that he had been radicalized by islamic extremist (he had already posted the jihad videos on his facebook when the FBI interviewed him. Terrible work by the FBI in that instance).

He spent 6 months in the most active region for terrorism in the russian states.

He returned to the US much more religous (muslim).

Again, all the evidence needs to be looked through completely, but this thing already quacks, has feathers, and floats in the water...

And I do believe you were fooled by the internet :ass:

I agree with both of y'all.

They could have been radicalized (facts still being sorted out) They probably schemed this and acted out on their own, with no help.

Maybe a group of Jihad terrorists are sitting somewhere, laughing and clapping at the two. "Wow! Idiots...but good job. Next time ask for help."

• Upvote 2