New North Texas Uniforms Facebook

All About UNT

From the ad to coaches, my problem is that our athletic dept personnel can change things without earning the right (ie. dodge & white helmets, direction on helmet [North Texas]etc.). So, we change things to help our fans mental state without really changing anything. At least some on this board can ralley at all these nonevents (ie.like the basketball practice facility- how long -10 years-has rv known that our bb teams at times had to practice in the vb gym since they couldn't get a court anywhere on campus and then he waits until the capital campaign comes along & he has to come up with projects (super pit changes etc.)& goals via Lane! (By the way Ken told me about sharing HIS gym with bb kram)

• Upvote 4

I discussed uniforms with R.V. and Hank Wednesdat night. They both said uniforms were Mac's call [i didn't get into helments,because Rick is set on North Texas]. However, we will have throwback uniforms one game, and a special uniform another. Rick doesn't like black because our colors are green and white. I reminded him that TCU's colors are purple and white, and that their black and purple uniforms look pretty good. We are fighting a losing battle on Helments. It will either be "North Texas" or the "SOW". If we go to letters, then administration will force "UNT", which no one I have talked to or seen posts from wants.

• Upvote 1

Would you be okay with those uniforms and a SOW helmet?

I guess. I think they're too modern and the green is a little, too dark. Don't like the font or the green/black combination. I think a matted green helmet with a glossy white SOW up on the front of the helmet (yes, like the Eagles and Oregon) keep the green we have, go flywire and the latest Nike jersey material (think Elite NFL, like Boise State) and a single line down the pants in secondary.

Edited by meangreener

What makes a difference, the unis? Like Apogee made a difference?

Oregon has stated many times that when they're recruiting the kids just love the different types of uniforms and uniform bits. You don't think it does but times have changed and are changing so these things matter to a lot of kids and fans. I don't remember who posted it and where but some months back somebody posted a video on new uniforms and the kids went absolutely nuts. I think it was a MAC school. Let's not forget if you have cool unis and change it up it's a great way to sell more merchandise and jerseys.

• Upvote 1

Let's face it, Alabama has been extremely successful the last few years with those new age uniforms.

If we had been playing in our current uniforms the past 50 years, I would feel very different about matters. But exactly how much tradition are we turning our back on to change our uniforms to something else? Given the choice, do you really want "North Texas" on the sides of our helmets?