Great Super Bowl

UNTflyer

I have to say my football pants were fully engorged tonight. Huge drama, big storylines, and a great finish.

Everything about this Super Bowl was spectacular. Everything.

Pre-game with the Newtown choir and Alicia Keyes - beautiful.

Hopes raised high for Ravens fans, only to have their grasp tenuously loosened after a bizarre turning point brought to us by New Orleans utilities.

Beyoncé nailed it. She was gorgeous and sounded great.

Paul Harvey's God Made a Farmer and Jeep's tribute to the troops were the best commercials. The Budweiser Clydesdale a close second.

Awesome game.

Ended up as a very exciting game to watch...looked like it was going to be a bore, but what a great second half.

Did not like the halftime show at all, but even worse for me was Alicia Keys rendition of the National Anthem. That was close...close, for me, to be the absolute worse rendition that I have EVER sat through. Horrible, but she did look great in that red dress at that white piano...and she CAN sing...just a terrible job with that anthem last night......

Agree on everything except Beyonce. Terrible halftime show, worst ever.

Dang, generational gaps are funny things.

Everyone I know is in complete accord that it was the best halftime show in years, and done dominantly without a single male on-stage. It was incredible.

Furthermore, both the Sandy Hook Elem + Jennifer Hudson rendition of America The Beautiful and Alicia Keys' National Anthem were spot-on.

*source of opinion*: music composition senior at the largest college of music in the country.

AND.

To completely top it all off, the main event was absolutely the best Super Bowl I've watched in my lifetime.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dang, generational gaps are funny things.

Everyone I know is in complete accord that it was the best halftime show in years, and done dominantly without a single male on-stage. It was incredible.

Furthermore, both the Sandy Hook Elem + Jennifer Hudson rendition of America The Beautiful and Alicia Keys' National Anthem were spot-on.

*source of opinion*: music composition senior at the largest college of music in the country.

AND.

To completely top it all off, the main event was absolutely the best Super Bowl I've watched in my lifetime.

Not even close.

Correct answer:

TitansSuperBowl.jpg

• Upvote 2

Problem is, Christopher...your lifetime does not go back very far! But, if it is the best you have seen, then you have some good things in store for you when you actually DO see a good one. That rates no where near the top.

Hey, you are the one who brought up the "generational thing" here! Just sayin.... Ha! To each his own is really the byword when it comes to entertainment...I am glad you liked it...does you Mom allow you to wear long pants yet...youngster???? :mom:

• Upvote 1

U2 was the best halftime by far. Beyonce can't sing and that was not dancing. Guess she's just not my style. They are in New Orleans, home to great musicians. Let them play. That crap last night was bad. There is alot of good music out there today, Beyonce isn't one of them.

Edited by UNTLifer

I like lots of R&B/pop/hip-hop but I just can't get into Beyonce (I blame Jay-Z). The tech they used for the show was pretty awesome though, even with that one part where it was supposed to look like the lines rippled out from her (view from above) but she was laying in the wrong spot! I actually liked the Black Eyed Peas show but it certainly could have been better.

As for the game, definitely awesome. May have been better if they went for the 80-yard free kick to tie it up on the last play, but when the lights went out I was laughing the whole time. What a mess!

And the commercials, the Jeep and farmer ones were great, but for humor I liked the VW one with the Jamaican white guy from Minnesota. That was too bizarre and random and I loved every bit of it.

Problem is, Christopher...your lifetime does not go back very far! But, if it is the best you have seen, then you have some good things in store for you when you actually DO see a good one. That rates no where near the top.

Hey, you are the one who brought up the "generational thing" here! Just sayin.... Ha! To each his own is really the byword when it comes to entertainment...I am glad you liked it...does you Mom allow you to wear long pants yet...youngster???? :mom:

Long pants? Like these?

barack-obama-b_7.jpg

I mean, if mom jeans are you're thing. :thumbsu: , Mark.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1