Workout Reports- Some New Names and a Position Change

I've become a pretty big fan of the North Texas Football Performance workout charting during the off-season (via Facebook)...was thumbing through today's and came across a couple interesting tid-bits.

First...JaMarcus Jarvis is now listed as a safety. I think with the likes of Jimmerson, Pegram, Byrd and Lewis in front of him, this seems like a logical move. Also the last RB to DB switch went off pretty well last season...

Second...a few new names...can't confirm these links are for the right players, but given all four are from Texas it seems I made some sound assumptions

TE. Cade Carter - http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Cade-Carter-111458

CB. Erick Evans - http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/fQyemFcFFUGZS9sf2x436w/football-fall-10/profile-erick-evans.htm

WR. Andy Mensah - http://www.bronchosports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4713

and one I'm really intrigued by...

WR. Brady Brown - http://www.vucommodores.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/brown_brady00.html

Edited by Censored by Laurie
  • Upvote 5

Great stuff!! I am intrigued by all of them but yes the WR transfer from Argyle could be a nice possession receiver....

It is encouraging to see these guys joining the program -- I have always believed that our walk-on program could be the equalizer against the private schools. Our tuition is much more affordable and it's been proven over time that we can develop starters and even all conference level players. There are so many good, good football players in this state that want to continue their playing careers close to home. North Texas offers them an affordable solution to doing this.

Thanks so much for posting this info CBL!

Assuming everyone that's still with the program is training then we have three scholarship athletes who have apparently left the program:

Dustin Clark LB Borger

Devante Davis CB Baton Rouge LA

Grant Shaw OL Forney

On the other side of the coin it's good to see that the two grayshirts...Christian Hines, wide receiver from Corsicana and Andrew Tucker, safety from Tyler Chapel Hill are on board.

• Upvote 1

Assuming everyone that's still with the program is training then we have three scholarship athletes who have apparently left the program:

Dustin Clark LB Borger

Grant Shaw OL Forney

On the other side of the coin it's good to see that the two grayshirts...Christian Hines, wide receiver from Corsicana and Andrew Tucker, safety from Tyler Chapel Hill are on board.

Good catch - but all three on the current roster. Could they be out due to injury? Of the three Clark would surprise me the most.

Dustin Clark LB Borger

Grant Shaw OL Forney

Positive Grant is gone but pretty sure the other two are still around.

• Upvote 1

Good catch - but all three on the current roster. Could they be out due to injury? Of the three Clark would surprise me the most.

He wasn't listed at the end of the semester. I was hearing that he was really struggling in practice, so it's not completely out of the question that he got discouraged and went home. I don't know exactly what happened but I think he is gone.

Also, one thing about Mustafa that has never been questioned was his work ethic. He was the only senior at our school to ever go through the off-season in our football class for their second semester of senior year, or at least since our current coach has been here. He just isn't tall enough to play end and he doesn't have the overall size but he's doing everything he can regardless.

Truss bus has improved by leaps and bounds at squats but that will always be his weakness in the weight room. Hope he picks up his effort, but he should be fine.

• Upvote 2

Truss bus has improved by leaps and bounds at squats but that will always be his weakness in the weight room. Hope he picks up his effort, but he should be fine.

Yea, but due to his Dad not listening to a couple of player's parents advising him how to handle himself on the message boards (especially concerning Thompson), a target is now on his son. Probably would not have been mentioned or noticed otherwise right now. Edited by Green Dozer
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Shall we throw loaves of bread when he takes the field?

Pretty unfair to George considering the heart he has for UNT and how he has supported us over the years. If it were not for him, we would never be mentioned on his show which is ranked among the highest rated listened to radio shows in the US. No it's not often, but we could use a lot more publicity with the DFW media. He doesn't need this gig and could do like most of our alumnae, sit home and not even give UNT the time of day. Blake is mentioned about how good of a job he does every week by the opinion that matters, Mac's.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Yea, but due to his Dad not listening to a couple of player's parents advising him how to handle himself on the message boards (especially concerning Thompson), a target is now on his son. Probably would not have been mentioned or noticed otherwise right now.
He's a serious football fan just like most of us. He is at every game and I don't see how anyone who attended at least every home game last year could be a fond of Thompson's play. Maybe he shouldn't have said what he said, but I'd rather have him speak his mind than lie about what he thinks.

As for Connor, he was a steal and has performed very well for us thus far. He couldn't care less whether a few Thompson fans on this board have a target out for him.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

If the workout reports are being promoted on Facebook then they have every right to be on here. This site is about fan opinions and that's was has -- and always will make it work. The official site is there for the 100% positive information. I think your issue lies with the AD Dept who is promoting this data on Facebook - not this site. I don't know this for 100% but I would hazard a guess that Wintrich likes having these results for all to see because it drives accountability home with the players.

Dustin Clark LB Borger

Grant Shaw OL Forney

On the other side of the coin it's good to see that the two grayshirts...Christian Hines, wide receiver from Corsicana and Andrew Tucker, safety from Tyler Chapel Hill are on board

Also just noted Brent Osborn isn't listed.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not sure it is wise to post these workout results on a fan message board. Want proof why? Check out some of the comments above. Just my opinion.

It was posted first on Facebook!!! If you want to keep something hush hush, social media is the last place to go to keep a secret. :rolleyes1:

• Upvote 2