Workout Reports- Some New Names and a Position Change

It was posted first on Facebook!!! If you want to keep something hush hush, social media is the last place to go to keep a secret. :rolleyes1:

Who posted it on Facebook and on what site? Only Facebook page I look at is mine...not a big fan of the thing...too mucgh crap gets posted that not a soul in the world cares about and too many prople find they have major problems after posting something on Facebook for all the world to see.

So, no clue it was on Facebook first, but it sure stirred Harry's cabbage that I gave my opinion about it being posted here. That's sort of funny.

No matter, I am still of the opinion that posting these things is not good...and I don't care where it was posted first. That's like saying..."well, Johnny did it first...or everyone else does it". Doesn't make it a good thing just because they are.....

Again...Harry and others...thought this was an opinion board? maybe it's an "you agree with me and all is well" opinion board, but dare you have different opinion...well, not such an opinion board then. Don't believe that...check out the BB thread lately????

Sometimes it is not about a "right to do something", it is about the right thing to do.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

Who posted it on Facebook and on what site? Only Facebook page I look at is mine...not a big fan of the thing...too mucgh crap gets posted that not a soul in the world cares about and too many prople find they have major problems after posting something on Facebook for all the world to see.

So, no clue it was on Facebook first, but it sure stirred Harry's cabbage that I gave my opinion about it being posted here. That's sort of funny.

No matter, I am still of the opinion that posting these things is not good...and I don't care where it was posted first. That's like saying..."well, Johnny did it first...or everyone else does it". Doesn't make it a good thing just because they are.....

Again...Harry and others...thought this was an opinion board? maybe it's an "you agree with me and all is well" opinion board, but dare you have different opinion...well, not such an opinion board then. Don't believe that...check out the BB thread lately????

Sometimes it is not about a "right to do something", it is about the right thing to do.

Agreed -- you absolutely have the right to your opinion!

I love the "North Texas Football Performance" Facebook page!! In my opinion, the daily/weekly updates provide a significant window into which players are the ones to watch and those that most likely will not contribute next year.

Coach Wintrich started the site and I really appreciate the feeling of being part of the off season instead of talking about helmet sickers and uniform changes. Coach Wintrich, and the rest of the Football Performance Staff, put a lot of time into keeping the information up to date and I appreciate all that they have accomplished in his short time at North Texas!

The FB Page tells a small part of the story in how he is making our North Texas Football program better each and every day!

Edited by UNTnewbie
  • Upvote 3

Here is the actual Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/North-Texas-Football-Performance/306949465991872?fref=ts

You can "Like" the page and it will show up in your News Feed. Obviously the Athletic Department had to approve the creation of the site.

I don't see how this is any different than any stats that are recorded during a game.

• Upvote 1

Pretty unfair to George considering the heart he has for UNT and how he has supported us over the years. If it were not for him, we would never be mentioned on his show which is ranked among the highest rated listened to radio shows in the US. No it's not often, but we could use a lot more publicity with the DFW media. He doesn't need this gig and could do like most of our alumnae, sit home and not even give UNT the time of day. Blake is mentioned about how good of a job he does every week by the opinion that matters, Mac's.

Settle down Francis. It was a joke.

• Upvote 4

Here is the actual Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/North-Texas-Football-Performance/306949465991872?fref=ts

You can "Like" the page and it will show up in your News Feed. Obviously the Athletic Department had to approve the creation of the site.

I don't see how this is any different than any stats that are recorded during a game.

Well, if this is true, and I have no reason to doubt it, then OK. Still think it is wrong to publicly post this stuff...mainly because it has coach comments attached and could be misunderstood by fans and the public, but if approved by the Athletic Dept.....fine by me.

Thanks to UNTNewbie and UNTfan23 for the solid info.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not sure it is wise to post these workout results on a fan message board. Want proof why? Check out some of the comments above. Just my opinion.

So, you don't want statistical proof of player effort? Just want to criticize without it?

Easy, just pulling your chain

• Upvote 6

So, you don't want statistical proof of player effort? Just want to criticize without it?

Easy, just pulling your chain

Thanks...appreciate you jab! Very funny. I am sure some folks really enjoyed it too.

• Upvote 1

If I understand this correctly this is one day of many in the weight room. You would have to see a much larger sample to draw any conclusions about the workouts. Everyone doesn't feel grand and glorious every day and their work, just as ours, doesn't always reflect what we're capable of. Also, this particular lift may be the best lift for some but a problem for others. There are too many variables to take one day's report as final for all workouts.

I commend those that did well but I certainly don't condemn those that didn't.

• Upvote 3