'Sealed the Deal' UNT Mean Green Recruiting Video

PlummMeanGreen

I don't know what beating the crap out people in hallways or blowing up buildings has to do with recruiting unless we are going after sociopaths and and common criminals. (The vertical and horizontal lines do conjure up an image of prison.) I do know that in the top one hundred commitments in the DMN today, SMU, Louisiana Tech, Rice, and even UTSA among other so-called mid -level schools are represented. Not a sign of UNT.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I don't know what beating the crap out people in hallways or blowing up buildings has to do with recruiting unless we are going after sociopaths and and common criminals. (The vertical and horizontal lines do conjure up an image of prison.) I do know that in the top one hundred commitments in the DMN today, SMU, Louisiana Tech, Rice, and even UTSA among other so-called mid -level schools are represented. Not a sign of UNT.

Remember TCU's late BB coach Jim Killingsworth's "gangster" poster schedule (and his 'Killer Frogs') with Coach K dressed up looking like Al Capone? Hell, that's been years ago.

North Texas making impressive inroads in the Houston Chronicle's Top 100 http://blog.chron.com/prepsports/2012/12/houstons-top-100-football-recruits/

No one complaining about Coach Mac's JUCO hauls last week all of whom will be playing Spring football, too.

Anything else nice you want to say about your alma mater, 'picker? I think that video was not mean't for alums of North Texas, quiet frankly.

GMG!

PS: I should qualify that I called it a recruiting video---not North Texas athletics.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

We have to have at least one...

Have you ever seen any of the Bourne movies? Did you know that those words / clips were from a Bourne movie? Not just some random beatings and blowing up buildings...

I do not watch "Bourne" movies as they are juvenile,formulaic and all too digital. I just thought that a school with a reputation in fine arts as exceptional as UNT's could come up with something a bit more original and creative. (And, no, I did not live in Bruce). By the way, thanks for the "Picker", that was,indeed, my moniker in college.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Have you ever seen any of the Bourne movies? Did you know that those words / clips were from a Bourne movie? Not just some random beatings and blowing up buildings...

Yes, but like all action movies-to-sports pump-up videos, this falls woefully flat.

I do not watch "Bourne" movies as they are juvenile,formulaic and all too digital. I just thought that a school with a reputation in fine arts as exceptional as UNT's could come up with something a bit more original and creative. (And, no, I did not live in Bruce). By the way, thanks for the "Picker", that was,indeed, my moniker in college.

Agreed.

This is how you do a recruit video:

http://vimeo.com/55472286

That is what I call classy marketing. Of course, we can't compete with Colorado's geography, but we could highlight some of the things we do have around here which certainly compare favorably with most other Texas schools and beat some of them all to hell. We are located in a very attractive medium sized city that looks like a real college town rather than either a slum or a suburb. We are very close to Dallas and Ft. Worth and even have a modern transit system that runs regularly to Dallas and all around town. I could go on, but for all the effective promoting we do, there are still those who think we are little teacher's college somewhere in the panhandle.

Has UNT utilized one of these things before? If not, seems like a good first effort to me and certainly something UNT should be utilizing. So, seems a congrats would be in order for getting this out there for recruits. Maybe some here could create a video and submit it for possible consideration in the future. Appears we have lots of folks who can do these things and feel they can do them better. Great...let's see what they can do....I am guessing that we do have some very talented folks. Lots of talent around the Mean Green Nation. Maybe they can volunteer to do the video for next year on their time and on their dime as a contribution....worth the possible tax deduction perhaps.

Again, I put this disclaimer in another post: PS: I should qualify that I called it a recruiting video---not North Texas Athletics.........(and, of course, in my favorite color of red).

Also, any recruiting video that North Texas athletics would produce would actually be intended for 17 and 18 year old Texas HS (and beyond) potential recruits....not the GMG.com Cannes Film Festival growing list of film and video critics a la......

Siskel :thumbsu: and Ebert :thumbsd:

Should we also be reminded that any ideas (even for recruiting videos) that come from this forum will "still" be largely ignored by the ones for whom they were intended?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1