RV Please End This.

Green P1

Wow. Give them a year already. I have not seen so much whining and complaining before in my life. We could be doing a lot better. But we are better off at this point the sewers last year record wise. The coach is not the issue (yet). He did not miss the free throws and he did not turn over the ball coming up the court. He runs a better offense the Johnny. He utilizes the flex which is a pretty common offensive set in the NCAA. He also runs the 4 out 1 in motion that Johnny ran which is miserable to watch! Swing the ball around the perimeter for 20 seconds and then jack up a shot. Only with Tristan we hit the shot....

On the substitutions it has at least gotten better. Tonight he played 6 main guys.

Where exactly has Benford gone wrong? we cannot see the practice but to me it looks like we need to work out some kinks and get the ball in the hole. it is hard to break a zone. There is a reason it is illegal in the NBA and it can really slow down the game. It has obviously slowed down our offense and this is where Benford takes some blame and needs to work. I have not seen a lot of movement off the ball (off ball screens). Penetration would be nice but the lane is so clogged!

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 13

Wow. Give them a year already. I have not seen so much whining and complaining before in my life. We could be doing a lot better. But we are better off at this point the sewers last year record wise. The coach is not the issue (yet). He did not miss the free throws and he did not turn over the ball coming up the court. He runs a better offense the Johnny. He utilizes the flex which is a pretty common offensive set in the NCAA. He also runs the 4 out 1 in motion that Johnny ran which is miserable to watch! Swing the ball around the perimeter for 20 seconds and then jack up a shot. Only with Tristan we hit the shot....

On the substitutions it has at least gotten better. Tonight he played 6 main guys.

Where exactly has Benford gone wrong? we cannot see the practice but to me it looks like we need to work out some kinks and get the ball in the hole. it is hard to break a zone. There is a reason it is illegal in the NBA and it can really slow down the game. It has obviously slowed down our offense and this is where Benford takes some blame and needs to work. I have not seen a lot of movement off the ball (off ball screens). Penetration would be nice but the lane is so clogged!

Is this a bit?

• Upvote 1

There is a reason it is illegal in the NBA and it can really slow down the game.

Dude, I don't even watch the NBA. I mean, I seriously can't even tell you what conference the Mavericks are in. But even I knew this.

Zone defenses were prohibited in the National Basketball Association prior to the 2001–2002 season. The NBA currently permits the use of zones; however, teams generally do not use them as a primary defensive strategy and no zone defense may feature an unguarded defender inside the free-throw lane (a violation of that results in a defensive three-second violation, which is a technical foul). The Dallas Mavericks are an example of an NBA team that regularly uses zone defenses; during the 2011 Playoffs, their zone defense was credited with slowing down offenses, forcing opposing players to recognize which defense they were playing.

Is it too early to fire these coaches and the AD and bring in some people who will truly change the negative image that NT athletics has around the nation?

No it's not too late. Basketball is a 5 man on the floor game. A coach (with an offense) could change this within a couple weeks.