RV Please End This.

Green P1

Do you really think Mitchels poor performance is on Benford? Last I heard he was still ecstatic to have him and Evans on board. Now would I have liked Fran? Sure. But we got who we got and I will support him. It is very hard justify firing someone who started off better then his Predecessor. Yes he inherited and amazing team but we did have some terrible loses last year and it ended on a sour note. Lets see where we stand come conference time.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Do you really think Mitchels poor performance is on Benford? Last I heard he was still ecstatic to have him and Evans on board. Now would I have liked Fran? Sure. But we got who we got and I will support him. It is very hard justify firing someone who started off better then his Predecessor. Yes he inherited and amazing team but we did have some terrible loses last year and it ended on a sour note. Lets see where we stand come conference time.

1. His poor performance is on Benford. He may have liked him before, but he doesn't respect Benford as a coach (me neither) and his play shows that. Benford is ruining his NBA career and Tony knows this. FACT.

2. Really? Johnny had CRAP to work with. Nothing. Not even a fan base. What the hell are you talking about?

3. Where we stand conference time is irrelevant. We will be a 16 seed if we somehow back-in to the tournament and lose first round to Indiana.

I am perplexed at this argument we do run an offense. Do you understand how offense works? There are just a few base sets and that is it. You have motion, flex,and shuffle. Those are the three basic offenses. Unt runs two of the three. Outside of these you change it up sometimes go 2 low or 3 low and then design 4 or 5 go to plays. That is it. Most of this is on the players and the pg.he is the coach on the floor. He needs to be making the calls and getting his teammates involved. It is his job to let the know where to go. I have not seen this as much as I would like though.

The offenses you mentioned are used against man defenses. To attack a zone one should use quick passes around the perimeter while looking to get the ball inside. Once the ball is inside you shoot, if the zone collapses you kick it out for the open shot. I never saw use do this tonight. The coach should teach/demand this.

The coach cannot control if the shots go in, but he can control how the offense is taught to be run. We had lazy passes all night long, and I remember one pass into the post.

From the 9:00 minute mark in the 1st have UTA out played, out-hustled and out coached us. There were very few teams we would have beat tonight. Should he be fired? I don't know. Is he responsible? Hells to the yea x10.

With the effort TM played with tonight, it's hard to see him ever playing in the NBA. First sign of trouble he and the team (except Franklin) quit. This is a reflection on the coach, and I'm assuming that not starting him was his attempt at "discipling" Mithchell? (???)

Edited by 7travis5

It is very hard justify firing someone who started off better then his Predecessor. Yes he inherited and amazing team but we did have some terrible loses last year and it ended on a sour note. Lets see where we stand come conference time.

Let's put this into perspective, just from a NT point of view so all things are fair. JJ took over a 4-24 Trilli team and won 15 games in his first season. At this rate, I will be amazed if we even sniff 15 wins.

Edited by GangGreen

We had a competitive team that played games without two starters and basically 6 guys. A coach who had any clue what he was doing would have taught these guys something. No way we should have the record we do at this point. You say this is on the players, okay then the COACH needs to coach themhow to properly shoot a FT, how to properly shoot a three, how to give up the ball when you don't have a shot, how to not double clutch a layup when a simple layup will work. How to drive to the basket when we are in the bonus in hopes of getting fouled. How tho lob the ball to Tony when he's being fronted. How to foul when were down, if only to teach them to not quit playing. COACHES teach players how to execute a game plan. Benford doesn't seem to have one.

Edited by filmerj

Folks they really just need to play well at the end of April / March chill.

#SARCASMTFOLLOW You're right. It doesn't make any difference if NT wins a conference game. All they need to do is win the SunBelt Tournament. #TREEISCLUELESS

I wholeheartedly that this is ON the coaching staff. Benford does NOT know what he is doing and RV has messed up some important coaching hires. We need a new AD and MBB head coach, IMO. Time to start changing the dynamic of this athletic department. There have been positive signs since the administration decided to back up athletics, but it's time to add better leadership and increase our standards. I'm seriously calling for new leadership and there should be people trying to make this happen behind the scenes because NT can't miss on opportunities to do great things--just like it'll do this season with this talented team because of poor leadership.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever
  • Upvote 1

Wow. I don't know where to start with that mess tonight. I am certainly disappointed in Tony's childish behavior. He is shrinking before our eyes. He should have gone to the NBA last year when people really didn't know what he was. He is removing all doubt as to what he is early in the season. I hope he turns it around.

I don't think I could be less impressed with Chris Jones so far, and dear god we have no one that can shoot. They are afraid to even put it up. If we don't get to the line or shoot layups/dunks, we have virtually no chance. How many times did UTA pull up for a 3 and take it. Their PG would drive and then dish it out to a shooter who would actually shoot the ball. There were plenty of times our guys could have taken a virtually uncontested shot, only to drive and miss/charge/TO.

Later in the game, we have our PF taking 3 pointers (a couple of air balls by the way).

I hope it's not to late to sign someone that can shoot, and play PG. Ugly.

• Upvote 2