RV Please End This.

Green P1

Wow. Give them a year already.

Give them a year to continue misusing the talent they've inherited? Wait, but last year's WBB coach did not need a year, heck, she started off on a winning run at the beginning of the season of her first season when the previous seasons were abysmal for our women's program. Wonder why she head to UT after her first season....maybe because she didn't need a year?

Edited by bleedgreen4ever

No it's not too late. Basketball is a 5 man on the floor game. A coach (with an offense) could change this within a couple weeks.

Now that I think about WKU and their season last year and I agree with you. I say RV needs to grow a pair and make an important decision or he should be looking a new job soon. I'm tired of mediocrity and excuses when it comes to UNT athletics.

It is illegal to run a true zone. That is all I was saying. Happened a few nigghts ago against the mavs. Murphy was splitting his man and the "elbow" and they gave em the tech shot. It is not a zone like you will see in college. But it's not worth arguing. People on here seem to be bitter and know it all. I will enjoy watching unt this season and still have faith. We are a good team and I will give both coaches into next year. Even mitchel does leave I will still cheer the team on. They could lose every game next year and I will still show up. It's entertainment and not the end of the world.

Though perhaps the mayans did predict this. The destruction of unt sports in December 2012. Who knows.... Just enjoy the ride. I'm more concerned about conference USA becoming the sunbelt version two..

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Benford is just a horrible coach. He doesn't set a gameplan to the strengths of the team, he plays accuracy ball with a team that can't shoot very well. No driving up the middle, no points in the paint, no good breakaways, can't teach the players to break a freaking zone D. Just DISGUSTED.

Mitchell's behavior is unacceptable. He won't be in the NBA like that.

Edited by meangreener

HEll... Lets run the Princeton... GET AN OFFENSE ON HERE.

The only player with any discipline on this team is Franklin. To run the Princeton offense, you have to have discipline.

I am perplexed at this argument we do run an offense. Do you understand how offense works? There are just a few base sets and that is it. You have motion, flex,and shuffle. Those are the three basic offenses. Unt runs two of the three. Outside of these you change it up sometimes go 2 low or 3 low and then design 4 or 5 go to plays. That is it. Most of this is on the players and the pg.he is the coach on the floor. He needs to be making the calls and getting his teammates involved. It is his job to let the know where to go. I have not seen this as much as I would like though.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I swear to God I'll pistol whip the next one of you who compares the college game to the NBA.

Please explain why? I understand they are very different. NBA is a one on one game and college is a true team effort. But there are some comparisons. Are they different? Yes very. But it is the same basic concept. And do not be rude to me. Ihave done nothing to you and am a fan just like everyone else. The "rudeness" is not appreciated.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It is illegal to run a true zone. That is all I was saying. Happened a few nigghts ago against the mavs. Murphy was splitting his man and the "elbow" and they gave em the tech shot. It is not a zone like you will see in college. But it's not worth arguing. People on here seem to be bitter and know it all. I will enjoy watching unt this season and still have faith. We are a good team and I will give both coaches into next year. Even mitchel does leave I will still cheer the team on. They could lose every game next year and I will still show up. It's entertainment and not the end of the world.

Though perhaps the mayans did predict this. The destruction of unt sports in December 2012. Who knows.... Just enjoy the ride. I'm more concerned about conference USA becoming the sunbelt version two..

I like your style kid. You've got moxie. You're attempting to preach patience to a fanbase that has put up with year upon year of losing. Eventually the losing does tire some. You just want a dose of potential realized. Is that really asking all that much? We all long for the dream not to be just that. We're all ready for the next step to be now..........finally!

GMG

I said this on another post ... but it bears repeating:

I'm contemplating taking a poster to the game Saturday night for our front row seats next to the bench that says: Buy Out Tony Benford

And I'm going to put a collection tin underneath it.

This is effing ridiculous. The team looks lost. Benford was handed a Sun Belt Conference championship caliber team and he's done squat with them. We're running players in and out within seconds ... no one knows how to drive the ball to the hole ... they all look scared to do anything (aside from Franklin, he's a beast). It's pathetic.

Rick needs to be accountable for this fiasco. I wholeheartedly agree. I just pray to God that this isn't Shanice Stephens all over again. Did he bring a binder to his interview, too, or what?

And, while I'm ranting ... this reminds me of Barry Switzer's Cowboys takeover. Only Barry's stupidity wasn't enough to squash another SuperBowl win with the talent he had ... until his second season of coaching.

*sigh*

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1