I'll be honest, I'm trolling a little just to see you guys def

Lol. I was watching the first guy and thinking... Hmm. Looks like he's doing everything right. No brutality at all. I mean, he's having to deal with some smart-alecking, not only from the guy he's wrestled to the ground, but also from the heckler with the camera. Probably had to call for backup and is just waiting...

Then the second cop comes in like George Teague, and the smart-alecking stops (sans the camera dude under his breath). I like this guy. Then I realized that was the dude you were highlighting as needing to be defended... oops.

It's very simple. Don't break the law, and you won't have officer Arnold-654, flying in to knee you in the head when officer do-gooder calls for backup because you're being a douchebag.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Lol. I was watching the first guy and thinking... Hmm. Looks like he's doing everything right. No brutality at all. I mean, he's having to deal with some smart-alecking, not only from the guy he's wrestled to the ground, but also from the heckler with the camera. Probably had to call for backup and is just waiting...

Then the second cop comes in like George Teague, and the smart-alecking stops (sans the camera dude under his breath). I like this guy. Then I realized that was the dude you were highlighting as needing to be defended... oops.

It's very simple. Don't break the law, and you won't have officer Arnold-654, flying in to knee you in the head when officer do-gooder calls for backup because you're being a douchebag.

You resist arrest and kinda get what you deserve....brought it on himself....hows that...and you are probably cut from the same cloth.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

What's the context? Why were they arresting him? If he resisted or ran before, I'm totally okay with the police doing what they were doing. In my opinion, if you run from the police, you get what you get. I only wish a K9 had been on the scene to chew the kid up a little.

I highly doubt the Hurst police just out of the blue decided to wrestle a kid. Give us the context and tell us what the punk did. It's not like the police have a ton of time to waste on underage pukes just for the hell of it. The kid did something before the filming started to end up in the position he was in. And, he likely deserved worse than he got.

I'm just disappointed that they didn't tase the jackass with the camera, or at least arrest him for interfering with police business. If these kids' parents had done their jobs at home, the police wouldn't have to be coming in and kicking their spoiled punk asses later anyway. I'd say they showed good restraint by not beating the f*ck out of the mouthy kid with the camera.

• Upvote 1

Here's the parts the video doesn't tell you.

1)The kid was found to have an outstanding warrant when the first officer approached him.

2)The physical altercation began because the kid wasn't allowed to call his mommy on his cell phone when the office went to place him under arrest.

3)The call came ove rthe radio as an officer assist.

The kid was certainly in the wrong when the original scuffle began. The second officer was in the wrong once he arrived.

From the Startlegram:

Rodriguez's friend, Jordan Rojas, who taped the incident on his cellphone, told Channel 11 he was stunned by the officer's behavior.

"I saw him dive on him and land his knee on the back of his neck and on the video you see Andrew's head bop against the floor," Rojas told the TV station. "It kind of shocked me."

Rojas was arrested for being a minor in possession of tobacco and also have drug paraphernalia. In addition to the outstanding warrant, Rodriguez was charged with resisting arrest.

I'm shocked. Just stunned that one had an outstanding warrant and the smart ass with the phone had drug paraphernalia on him. What a shock. Hard to believe.

These are smart kids. Learning to be a drag on the system at an early age. At 17 years old, the first one is just a year away from benefitting from the welfare system. Give him his public defender, quick.

All he's got to do now is father some kids out of wedlock so the mother can sit at home and smoke weed on the government dime as well. Food stamps. Cell phones. Rent subsidies. Subsidized health care. Set these geniuses up for life and keep 'em in the ghetto away from the rest of society until they hit prison.

You got to feel for the few of their stupid peers who were at home or in the library studying. Show me some video of police busting into the library wrestling kids to the ground and threatening them, then I'll cry foul at the police.

• Downvote 1

From the Startlegram:

Rodriguez's friend, Jordan Rojas, who taped the incident on his cellphone, told Channel 11 he was stunned by the officer's behavior.

"I saw him dive on him and land his knee on the back of his neck and on the video you see Andrew's head bop against the floor," Rojas told the TV station. "It kind of shocked me."

Rojas was arrested for being a minor in possession of tobacco and also have drug paraphernalia. In addition to the outstanding warrant, Rodriguez was charged with resisting arrest.

I'm shocked. Just stunned that one had an outstanding warrant and the smart ass with the phone had drug paraphernalia on him. What a shock. Hard to believe.

These are smart kids. Learning to be a drag on the system at an early age. At 17 years old, the first one is just a year away from benefitting from the welfare system. Give him his public defender, quick.

All he's got to do now is father some kids out of wedlock so the mother can sit at home and smoke weed on the government dime as well. Food stamps. Cell phones. Rent subsidies. Subsidized health care. Set these geniuses up for life and keep 'em in the ghetto away from the rest of society until they hit prison.

You got to feel for the few of their stupid peers who were at home or in the library studying. Show me some video of police busting into the library wrestling kids to the ground and threatening them, then I'll cry foul at the police.

Aren't you for less government?

I'd really like to know if UNTLifer or Shaft have an opinion on this. They should just trust my judgement. They've neve been a police officer...I have.

Emmitt, I agree with nearly everything you've said on this thread except. "They should just trust my judgement. They've neve been a police officer...I have."

Surely you're not saying only police officers should judge the behavior of other police officers? Your job is too important and too subject to abuse to not have civilian over-sight.

By the way, thank you for your service. You do a tough, necessary job & I'm sure you do it well.

Emmitt, I agree with nearly everything you've said on this thread except. "They should just trust my judgement. They've neve been a police officer...I have."

Surely you're not saying only police officers should judge the behavior of other police officers? Your job is too important and too subject to abuse to not have civilian over-sight.

By the way, thank you for your service. You do a tough, necessary job & I'm sure you do it well.

You missed the sarcasm. It was directed at their ridiculous argument that nobody should criticize our coaches because "they've been coaches...and you haven't".

What's the context? Why were they arresting him? If he resisted or ran before, I'm totally okay with the police doing what they were doing. In my opinion, if you run from the police, you get what you get. I only wish a K9 had been on the scene to chew the kid up a little.

I highly doubt the Hurst police just out of the blue decided to wrestle a kid. Give us the context and tell us what the punk did. It's not like the police have a ton of time to waste on underage pukes just for the hell of it. The kid did something before the filming started to end up in the position he was in. And, he likely deserved worse than he got.

I'm just disappointed that they didn't tase the jackass with the camera, or at least arrest him for interfering with police business. If these kids' parents had done their jobs at home, the police wouldn't have to be coming in and kicking their spoiled punk asses later anyway. I'd say they showed good restraint by not beating the f*ck out of the mouthy kid with the camera.

From the Startlegram:

Thanks for delivering the goods.

You know what? My Dad always told me that it just was not a smart idea to be a wise ass, smart off to or run from a guy with a badge and a gun! When the guy with the badge and gun say "shut up and stop" it is usually a pretty good idea to do so. The rest can be worked out later.....you never know "which" cop with the gun and badge you are dealing with...best to not smart off and resist arrest and find out the hard way. That logic would seem to have worked in this case pretty well.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1