Club level seats - Your experience ?

akriesman

Last season I couldn't decide between purchasing 2 club level seats (the ends) or 4 seats in section 206. I chose the latter so that my entire family could go to the games. Also, I felt that the game day experience might be a little diminished sitting up that high. I prefer to sit in the loudest section possible (even though my wife would rather sit up high in the Eagle tail section away from the crowds).

I haven't heard much feedback on those that purchased seats in the club level. So, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their experiences ?

Specifically:

- How was the game day atmosphere in the club level ? Are the fans still vocal ?

- How was the food in the buffet ?

- How crowded is the bar when getting a drink - (that is a question from the wife....lol)

I have been really curious about the club level, since we couldn't decide on the seats last season.

Thanks in advance. My kids are getting older and getting them to the games is more difficult. And, my wife prefers the finer things available at a sporting event (i.e. drinks, food, luxury) over the actual game day experience.

• Upvote 1

I loved it. More importantly, my wife loved it. We got there game day about 90 minutes before kickoff. We had a really good meal and plenty of it. Non-alcohol drinks are included with the meal. There is a cash bar open early and for about an hour after the game. Rest rooms close by and a view of the action that can't be beat. We were invited to sit in a luxury suite one game. I was very grateful, but I perfer my seat in the Club.

I know there are still seats available. Seats in the Club require a stadium bond, a mininum gift to the Mean Green Club of $500, plus season tickets. All very worthwhile. Expecially for a championship Sun Belt season and Conference USA crowns to come.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1

It is a different experience having sit in club as well as several other places in the stadium last year. You are further from the action in club. The food is really good as well as access to the bar, air conditioning, TVs, free self serve soft drinks, etc. I think the best way to find out is to sit up there during a game. You can find club seats for sale in the ticket exchange forum during the season. I would recommend that everyone try sitting in club at least once. Just be careful, once your wife sits up there, she may want to sit in club for every game.

• Upvote 1

It's awesome. I watched a half from every part of the stadium last season and saved the club level seats for last.

When I was up there a lot of people weren't into the game, but I don't think its the club level. It was the last half of the season, the weather was horrible, and we crushing MTSU.

Pro: It's dry, food is good, unlimited sodas, good sight lines, close restrooms, they sell alcohol

Con: When your inside you don't hear the announcers

The sight lines are that much different than the upper level.

• Upvote 1

The club is good. All the pros that people are listing are pretty much spot on.

The buffet is good to very good depending on the game. They have ridiculous amounts of desserts too.

The booze is very affordable considering what they could charge. The bar is limited to standard calls though so if your wife wants something fruity or frozen it isn't going to happen but if standard cocktails, wine and beer are her fare then she's ok.

One thing I find shocking that no one has mentioned is that in addition to the free buffet, free soda's/water, affordable cash bar, A/C, clean close bathrooms etc. is that fact that 90 minutes prior to each home kickoff RV is in the club to personally iron anyone's wrinkled $100 bill.

• Upvote 5

It depends on the experience you're looking for. If you're going for sit on the edge of your seat, live and die with every down football, the club ain't so much the place. It's very much a place to see and be seen. That said, I love the food, the bar, the chairback seats, the granite counters in the restrooms, and the overhang that had me completely ignorant of the rain during the two monsoon games last year. Also, you know exactly what you're spending. Those concessions don't sneak up on you, and the food is self serve, no half a quarter waiting. But yeah, like others have said, once you've been up there, you may never want to go back.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

What everyone else has said. I will add that it is invaluable during bad weather games (call me a wuss, but I didn't miss standing in the elements for MTSU,or for games like Ohio a couple of years ago). I think the real club atmosphere has yet to be seen. The closest game to what I envision the future club experience being was the Houston game. Now THAT was the club level at it's best (so far).

If you have a wife who could really care less about football and comes to the game for you, and you can afford the investment, do it. I mean, she is sacraficing 4 plus hours of her Saturday afternoons for you, you can sacrafice standing and yelling at the refs for her. I'll admit that the outside seating area, while great sight lines and close to the action, are not as loud and jumping as the regular seating. But everything in life is a give and take.

And here is a dirty little secret. Until we get to the sellout level, if you feel like going down and watching a quarter from the 40 yard line, you won't be stopped (at least I haven't). Leave the wife in her comfort zone and go get your true fan fix.

I personally bought the seats as kind of an investment. I tailgate and eat before entering the stadium for the game, so rarely eat at the pregame buffett (the times I have, the food hasn't been great....outside of the prime rib served for the Houston game. One of the only negative things I had to say about the club in the post season survey). Will I continue to tailgate as I get older? Maybe, maybe not, but the club level gives me options. A day I can't tailgate? No problem. I got the buffet at the club.

I have enjoyed my experience, but I know some who have made the choice to return to the grandstands. To each their own. The best advice is to take in a game up there and then make your decision.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3

We have two club seats and four seats in sec 105. Hubby likes the view from club level and I like to be close to the field, hollering with daughter and son-in-law. Best of both worlds. I really like the option to get out of the heat and/or cold, though. Great investment!

GMG!

• Upvote 1

Love every bit of the club level. They need to add a second soda machine and if that does not happen this year I will raise the money to make it happen....... outside of that I find the 100 dollar bills to be wrinkle free on the club level.

• Upvote 1

I have four front row seats around the 30-yard line. If you choose to get club seating I really recommend the front row if there are any seats left. Great view; no one to stand in front of you; and you will feel like you are part of the crowd that is seated directly below you.

The negative for some is that the first 3 rows are not covered. But what the hay, we sat in the rain and cold throughout the entire MTSU game and felt like we were at a game at Fouts - and it was fun........however, my wife and most of the sane folks stayed on the back two rows or in the club.

The food has been very good; the atmosphere is great; but it was the unlimited diet cokes before, during, and after the games that sold me!

Our only regret, and it is minor, is we feel like we have to eat the buffet given the enormous price we paid for club seating - and that means we have abandoned our pre-game tradition of eating at Denton's interesting restaurants.

I would expect C-USA membership to lead to club seats selling out in the relatively near future. Last year when I bought club seating I gambled that C-USA was in our future and at that point I would be so glad that I purchased club seating when I did.

• Upvote 1

I echo most all of what is said here...plus, since tylermeangreen sits down a few rows in front of me, I can throw popcorn at him during the games!

For my bride and I it has been a great investment. We are very happy that we bought the seats and look forward to year two in our seats. Yes, it is a bit of a different experience from being in the bowl and "in the mix" of the crowd noise, etc. So, yes, it is a bit different for me, but the pros so far outweigh the cons that it is a no brain-er. The food was fine, the Club Level lounge area is awesome on game days and the sight lines are excellent. I stay outside most all the time as our seats are covered (we are on the back row of our section) while the bride likes to wonder in and out during the games. That works for us...at least she did not leave me at halftime last year telling me to "find a ride home" because she was cold or it was wet. OK, so she is not the biggest football fan in the world, but she loves the Mean Green, loves the game day experience and goes because she likes the Club level so much.....for us, GREATNESS! So, if you are thinking about Club Seats...buy a ticket to a game in the Club area and try them out for yourself. There are some seats left, but I don't think there will be many left much longer...especially with UNT's entry into CUSA on the horizon for 2013.

• Upvote 5

I echo most all of what is said here...plus, since tylermeangreen sits down a few rows in front of me, I can throw popcorn at him during the games!

For my bride and I it has been a great investment. We are very happy that we bought the seats and look forward to year two in our seats. Yes, it is a bit of a different experience from being in the bowl and "in the mix" of the crowd noise, etc. So, yes, it is a bit different for me, but the pros so far outweigh the cons that it is a no brain-er. The food was fine, the Club Level lounge area is awesome on game days and the sight lines are excellent. I stay outside most all the time as our seats are covered (we are on the back row of our section) while the bride likes to wonder in and out during the games. That works for us...at least she did not leave me at halftime last year telling me to "find a ride home" because she was cold or it was wet. OK, so she is not the biggest football fan in the world, but she loves the Mean Green, loves the game day experience and goes because she likes the Club level so much.....for us, GREATNESS! So, if you are thinking about Club Seats...buy a ticket to a game in the Club area and try them out for yourself. There are some seats left, but I don't think there will be many left much longer...especially with UNT's entry into CUSA on the horizon for 2013.

Being from Houston, often working on Saturdays, I currently can make only one - two games in Denton each year...are you able to buy a ticket that gives you access to the club level on a per game basis?
  • Upvote 1

Hey Kram, we really enjoy having you sitting behind us.

But you know, and I know, that every time you throw popcorn at me it always takes an abrupt turn to the right and hits the folks 3 – 4 seats down from me!

• Upvote 2

I started off in club seats with my wife. however, That lasted one game. The fodd was ok, but there were no concessions. If you wanted anything other than what they were serving then you had to go down to the main level. Super inconvenient for a guy with a wife that hates elevators, and loves popcorn. The fact that beer is sold there was cool, but not at $5 a piece.

To me, nothing beats the excitement of the lower bowl. I drink enough pregame to not need more beer during the game. :)

Plus, I bring a lot of friends to the games throughout the year. So, I need seats that my friends can buy tickets next to me.

• Upvote 1

I started off in club seats with my wife. however, That lasted one game. The fodd was ok, but there were no concessions. If you wanted anything other than what they were serving then you had to go down to the main level. Super inconvenient for a guy with a wife that hates elevators, and loves popcorn. The fact that beer is sold there was cool, but not at $5 a piece.

To me, nothing beats the excitement of the lower bowl. I drink enough pregame to not need more beer during the game. :)

Plus, I bring a lot of friends to the games throughout the year. So, I need seats that my friends can buy tickets next to me.

As for the concessions. They are supposed to have regular concessions food available on the club level this year.

• Upvote 1