Patton not eligible!

NT Alum '04

Really, really sux. I was about to open a thread on LSU starting lineup predictions, and now that is totally screwed because I had him penciled in at the 3. Looks like a little less competition for that position now. Luckily, we are stacked at the 3, but if Franklin gets rejected too things will get a whole lot less stacked. I was hoping to see Patton next week. :angry:

How can the NCAA not have ruled on Franklin and Patton by now?? We are a stinking week away from the start of the freaking basketball season? What is the F'n hold up?

At this point, I would be shocked if Franklin is ruled eligible.

I,m still waiting for the NCAA to to grant Zach Muzzy his extra year of eilgibilty.

• Upvote 1

At least this makes more sense now... not NCAA ruling but Patton's academic ineligibility. That is so frustrating that players cannot keep up with grades given all the assistance they are provided and knowing that not passing courses will keep them from the game they love.

At least this makes more sense now... not NCAA ruling but Patton's academic ineligibility. That is so frustrating that players cannot keep up with grades given all the assistance they are provided and knowing that not passing courses will keep them from the game they love.

Again is it GPA issues or transfer hours not adding up?

If it is GPA not sure how he even got admitted to UNT, feel it might be more of an issue of not completing enough hrs to be eligible.

Look, Patton has to take responsibility for his academic issues. Too bad, but the kid should do the work in the classroom to stay eligible. However, I am wondering why UNT recruited him in the first place if he has these issues and why UNT's compliance folks did not know this at the start?

Can't blame anyone other than Patton for the grade issues. I wonder about UNT's compliance folks. What did they miss here?

Too bad...would loved to have seen Patton on the floor for the Mean Green. Maybe next year!

I just wonder when these kids will figure out that classroom attendance and grades really do matter?

• Upvote 1

Well that is two years in a row, that NT has brought in players that don't qualify. I really don't understand why there is no one at NT that can' determine academic eligibility. It looks like a simple process, look at the requirements and compare that to his records. Last year it was McGhee, who didn't quality and really hurt the team because of lack of players. I could understand signing someone who didn't make it academically, but both McGhee and Patton were actually enrolled at NT after they had finished their classes at their prior schools.

I don't like the odds that Patton will ever play for NT. My biggest fear is that NT will forgo signing a good recruit to save a ship for Patton next year and he never qualifies. I do think that NT has the depth to absorb this loss although he was one of the few players with college experience. This will definitely give more time for Holmen, Edwards, Niko, Franklin and Jordan Williams.

• Upvote 1

John Underwood granted eligibilty today : ESPN.

Something is seriously wrong w/ UNT if Franklin doesn't get same treatment

If Patton returns next year & T Mitch sticks around for year 2 , imagine this lineup we could throw out on the floor :

1/ Alzee @ 6'4

2 / JP @ 6'7

3 / Jordan @ 6'6

4 / T Mitch 6 ' 9

5 / Odoh 6 ' 10

Edited by NT03