Patton not eligible!

NT Alum '04

Does the NCAA have to give a reason?

Statement from the NCAA:

"We would love to give Justin Patton eligibility, but there was an issue with the appeal itself. On the "Appelant" line was written the words, "University of North Texas". We request that you fix this problem or we will be forced to deny Roger Franklin eligibiility as well. Here at the NCAA we do what is best for student athletes...unless they are students at North Texas.

Sincerely,

Douche McDouche

NCAA Appeal Chairman"

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

The reason is because they can. They have nothing to fear from UNT. No Alumni in high places. No huge alumni support, period. Just another small program for the NCAA to step on because we don't contribute huge money to their greedy little pocket. The anti-trust suit can't come soon enough.

Make no mistake, if there isn't a North at the beginning of our name, this thing was done a month ago and Patton is on the floor. Someone at some point should stand up to these sorry bastards.

I have zero hope of you know who obtaining his waiver, either.

The NCAA are straight **** suckers.

Edited by UNT90

I really don't think I've ever been this pissed at the NCAA. There was ZERO reason for them to deny this. I thought this was a formality. I hope NT fights this, or at least takes a couple shots at the NCAA. Better that than to just bend over and take it.

Edited by Mean Green Matt

figure our compliance staff fails again trying to get an athlete eligible.

So why did the compliance go on if they knew Patton was no academically eligible, somewhat surprised he was able to get accepted into UNT if he was not academically eligible unless it is course work hours.

Edited by untbowler
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How is this not getting screwed over? Am I making something up in my mind, or does this not greatly affect recruiting for next year as well?

I don't think it's us getting screwed over by the NCAA if Patton didn't make his grades...

Edit: Also, Damnit.

Edited by MeanMag

I don't think it's us getting screwed over by the NCAA if Patton didn't make his grades...

It would be his grades from Grambling, which JJ knew before offering him a scholarship. His first semester at North Texas is not even over. It still has a little over a month left. I smell something else. I don't think Patton will ever play at NT. Just a feeling.

• Upvote 1