Not gonna get it done

TheColonyEagle

head coach gives coordinators the ability to draw up the game plan, if head coach does not like it has to be redone. apparently Mac has not took a liking to Chico's high energy approach. the last half of last year was pretty exciting football so i conclude it is the head coach that for whatever reason prefers to hope we can be competitive and hope for a break at the end to win. i do not like this approach

• Upvote 1

head coach gives coordinators the ability to draw up the game plan, if head coach does not like it has to be redone. apparently Mac has not took a liking to Chico's high energy approach. the last half of last year was pretty exciting football so i conclude it is the head coach that for whatever reason prefers to hope we can be competitive and hope for a break at the end to win. i do not like this approach

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. That's how Coach Mac was at ISU as well.

eating crow that he will be the Qb or because he will lead us to the promise land?? i will enjoy that crow on the latter but i do not see it. Maybe his pocket presence and vision is do to the fact the benchwarmers were in and they already made thier party plans? or that excuse is only for Osborn, my bad

So we can expect McNulty to start next and throw a few pick 6's and everything will be ok because he has moxie, great just what this fanbase needs.

There's no one on the schedule like Tulsa the rest of the way. The offense needs somebody who can make plays and he can. I just think by the end of the season we'll be exited about the future of the offense because we'll have found a QB who can make plays. You don't think the fanbase needs moxie? Maybe you don't know what it means. In a losing season we definitely need something else to get excited about it. Someone who plays with courage and daring. That's moxie. It will give us hope. I think that's exactly what we need.

eating crow that he will be the Qb or because he will lead us to the promise land?? i will enjoy that crow on the latter but i do not see it. Maybe his pocket presence and vision is do to the fact the benchwarmers were in and they already made thier party plans? or that excuse is only for Osborn, my bad

People are dogging him because his first start against Tulsa he threw up on himself. I don't know about the promise land because he hasn't played enough yet to know how good he will be. But you can see that he has good instincts. And that he can get out of a jam. Doesn't matter that it was backups. He got out of jams and made plays. He did it against Tulsa some as well. People are just way too had on the guy for his first ever start. The team needs playmakers. Over reaction to his first start was way overboard after the Tulsa game. He looks like he can make plays.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

dodge ran around and made plays, baine ran around and made plays..........

Baine is the exact same player as McNulty, smal undersized run first, weak arm. You dont have to have a big arm or a throw a heavy ball. Just be able to read a defense and look at all your reads not just looking at one reciever

Edited by Dr. Seuss

Both, but we don't have a legit college QB to run an offense

You may be right but Osborn has a QB rating of 144+. I'd like to see if he can do it against first units and I think that he should at least be given the chance. After all, he didn't have first team players to work with usually. If he has a game or two and can't get it done then go with McNulty. If McNulty can't get it done then go ahead and burn Jones' redshirt and at least see what he looks like under fire. We need to find out who can play and we need to do it now.

Baine is the exact same player as McNulty, smal undersized run first, weak arm. You dont have to have a big arm or a throw a heavy ball. Just be able to read a defense and look at all your reads not just looking at one reciever

Yeah that is why I've said I don't know if McNulty will lead us to the promised land. Haven't seen him at Apogee so don't know how good his arm is. Maybe some of the guys who were at the game tonight can say. I'd like to see him in a start so we can see if he is the same player as Baine or not. We have to find out who the playmakers are.

You may be right but Osborn has a QB rating of 144+. I'd like to see if he can do it against first units and I think that he should at least be given the chance. After all, he didn't have first team players to work with usually. If he has a game or two and can't get it done then go with McNulty. If McNulty can't get it done then go ahead and burn Jones' redshirt and at least see what he looks like under fire. We need to find out who can play and we need to do it now.

I agree with this post :thumbsu:

There's no one on the schedule like Tulsa the rest of the way. The offense needs somebody who can make plays and he can. I just think by the end of the season we'll be exited about the future of the offense because we'll have found a QB who can make plays. You don't think the fanbase needs moxie? Maybe you don't know what it means. In a losing season we definitely need something else to get excited about it. Someone who plays with courage and daring. That's moxie. It will give us hope. I think that's exactly what we need.

I think that the idea of a QB with moxie is great....as long as he also knows what he's doing....and has the ability to do it. Some would say that (God I hate using this example) Ramone Flannagan had moxie, but that didn't make him a good, or even adequate, OC.

We need MORE THAN ONE QB with both moxie and QB skills. We keep pinning our hopes on only one QB ,and by doing that, we will be continually behind the 8 ball on any given year. We need to get back to the days when we had Ken Washington (backed up by Jordan Case, Ken Smith and Glen Ray), Jordan Case (back up by Joe Stephenson) Joe Stephenson (backed up by Greg Carter)...etc etc.

I don't know what to say. I want to be angry about losing these games, but we just don't have enough talent at enough positions. Before the season started I was optimistic we might win 5 games. Now it's looking like we will be lucky to see 4 wins. Even worse, It's going to hurt watching this team play in an empty apogee for the last 3 home games. I really hope McCarney, Canales, and RV can figure out some way to salvage this season, and get butts in seats.

Maybe some realignment news will cheer me up next week.

I think that the idea of a QB with moxie is great....as long as he also knows what he's doing....and has the ability to do it. Some would say that (God I hate using this example) Ramone Flannagan had moxie, but that didn't make him a good, or even adequate, OC.

We need MORE THAN ONE QB with both moxie and QB skills. We keep pinning our hopes on only one QB ,and by doing that, we will be continually behind the 8 ball on any given year. We need to get back to the days when we had Ken Washington (backed up by Jordan Case, Ken Smith and Glen Ray), Jordan Case (back up by Joe Stephenson) Joe Stephenson (backed up by Greg Carter)...etc etc.

Totally agree. I hope we get to see over the next several weeks if McNulty knows what he is doing to go with what I think are obvious QB instincts. But I agree with Gray Eagle , we need to find out who can play. he might have instincts but still make bad decisions. And seeing him against Sun Belt competition should tell us that. But you are right we need more than one. Scott Hall and Andrew Smith was the last time we had two guys you could count on.

I think at this point it's time for a quarterback change as has been mentioned earlier. I like Derek Thompson and I like how he has battled back from what was a hideous injury last season and fought off competition in the spring to earn the starting job. However, he just hasnt been consistent enough to prove he's a Division I caliber starting quarterback. I'd like to see what Osborn can do with more playing time though I'm not sold on him either. In fact, I'd say he was initially recruited to win the starting job for this season and he hasn't panned out. I'd like to see Osborn and McNulty finish out the season with an eye towards the redhsirt freshman from Lone Oak (cannot remember his name) taking the job next year.

For the record, we're right about where I'd thought we'd be. With the players we had returning, I predicted this team would win between 2 and 4 games this season and it appears we are one track for that though I am leaning closer to the 4 win mark.

Edited by stryker

I can't imagine how bad Osbourne must be to have these two guys start in front of him! I still think dt is our best option, but he is hardly DI talent. He should have had so many picks tonight because of stupid decisions and horrible throws, but he continues to bitch at teammates for lining up in the wrong spot or not catching the ball. The defense wasn't bad tonight and ull isn't that good. We beat them with Riley, without doubt!

This doesn't all go on the "qb" though, canales has tucked his offensive game in between his legs and has started calling games like he's winning the entire game. There's no creativity at all! Where are the shuttle passes that worked to perfection last year? I'm pissed at the offense and canales! We should have won this game!!

And I haven't seen mcnulty do much this season to deserve this much playing time. I'm not saying he can't develop, but stop playing him this year, please! We need to recruit a jc qb.

You guys have missed the point entirely. The play calling was OK. We threw on first and second down, we used our tight ends, we tried some trickeration, we ran play action and this DelGado kid might be a receiver after all. Offense was much more creative than I've seen in the last few years. I just think the line is a little weak; not horrible, just not as experienced as it should be. They do not pick up blitzes and they are easily confused!

Next; if you think the QB job is about talent or hard work, you're kidding yourselves. McNulty will be your starting QB next year, no matter what. Mac must have promised his Dad to get him down here, but Thompson and Osborn will be out. Mac has a pass this year and he's taking it; simple as that.

You think that LA-LA Coach makes excuses because he got left with less than stellar talent or bad mouths his kids in the news or runs them off to make room for his recruits or starts freshmen when he doesn't have to or won't use his best back-up QB? Absolutely not; those kids were playing their asses off for that guy in the 4th quarter and that's what won the game. Ball players get tired of being called inferior by their coach. They start to believe it, which is the basis of a losing team.

Mac may provide a winning team in about 3 years, but it'll be a cutthroat program, just like it is now. Be careful what "We" wish for.