Not gonna get it done

TheColonyEagle

Nothing else really to say.

I told you mid week...UNT off sucks...still sucks...UNT has missed soooooo many opportunities...they just don't deserve to win...and they will not win....pathetic...fumbles...missed tackles, poor coverage...throwing the ball 4 yrds when we need 7 yrds...personal fouls...poor play calling...just flat sucks....what is wrong with Chico...is this deliberate?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Nothing else really to say.

There's plenty to say but not much of it is good.

What's disappointing to me is the play-calling. We are so predictable on first down. We never throw on first and we usually run Dunbar up the middle. We seem to have second and third and long constantly.

We either don't have a quarterback or we don't have receivers...or both. This offense is offensive. I really thought that Canales would do a much better job.

• Upvote 3

Someone here said that last year when Chico took over as HC the play calling duties went to someone else... does anyone know who that someone was, because young OL/Darius Carey or not, this doesn't look remotely similar in game plan or execution.

Also, consider the case of teams like 2009 Oklahoma.. this is a different animal at home and on the road. Not the same team.

• Upvote 1

There's plenty to say but not much of it is good.

What's disappointing to me is the play-calling. We are so predictable on first down. We never throw on first and we usually run Dunbar up the middle. We seem to have second and third and long constantly.

We either don't have a quarterback or we don't have receivers...or both. This offense is offensive. I really thought that Canales would do a much better job.

This play calling is pathetic...really...just like to offense....Canales really sucks in this play calling...revenge? One more year of UNT sucking at football....McCarney...I really see nothing but alot of BS talk on his part...setting high expectations and no results...our def coach..good..def backs coach...sucks...canales...was a fan..now..not much...if any....off much worse than last year....missed opportunity after missed opportunity....just bad playing and coaching...I'm just discussed....always too little , too late...game of conference changes...bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So we bench our QB because he cant throw the ball down field and replace him with a running QB who cant throw the ball down field??

Its not hard to stop our offense, all you need to do is put 9 guys in the box bc were gonna run the ball everyplay... Not impressed with the play calling and QB today

• Upvote 2

Antonio Johnson was straight dominated all day long by #44.

I looked at the o line as a future strength, but now I'm not so sure Johnson can be a Victor Gill type player, he has a sloooooooooow first step. The two freshman guards have done decent, but for the most part, their front seven blasted our lineman all game.

Disappointing, it should have been 16-13 heading in to the 4th, not to mention the fumble on their 25. I am afraid we might have to dip in to the JUCO barrel again for a quarterback, Thompson is a below average player, he has decent accuracy, but he makes bad decisions and can't throw on the run, it's so frustrating to see them run the ball 75% of the time out of the shoutgun, it's three weeks in a row the starters have managed 10 or less points(21 of the 24 were scored on backups against Tulsa) I don't know if Mike Canales is the right man anymore, the mix of I formation tosses back to the shotgun run game has just been blatantly obvious and not worked well. I wonder if Mac had brought on one of "his guys" to be the OC, we would see the offense doing better. The current game plan is not working, try something new. Where's the creativity we saw last year Mike? I feel like we should have had a better plan for the 3-4, they teed off on the running game all night.

2-5, with ASU and Troy still on the schedule, WKU looks like it will be tough, I think we finish at 4-8. But it's just going to be another season of what ifs, with a bunch of close games, or games that were in our hands and we found a way to lose.

Ugh, I hope we break 20k for homecoming.

• Upvote 1