12th man

mgfan

The student side was loud. Our end zone started to get loud as well. They guy in front of us started yelling too when his wife left to go to the bathroom. Before, they were quiet.

I think people in the end zone are starting to get the hang of the advantage of the noise factor. As in the Houston game, Indiana had to burn timeouts deep in our end of the stadium.

If we ever really fill that thing up, and people really do yell as loud as they can, it will be impossible to the opposing teams to communicate. Two thumbs up to the folks who design Apogee. The noise is a factor.

• Upvote 3

Well I know the side with the press box did very little to make it loud. But then again its hard to tell because I was on the student section side. It was great over there and a lot of noise. What happened to the North Texas chants? you know...North!.....Texas!

For some reason the student side was doing it with themselves...or something. lol.

Speaking of missing effects, why do we no longer use the eagle screech on third downs?

• Upvote 1

Well I know the side with the press box did very little to make it loud. But then again its hard to tell because I was on the student section side. It was great over there and a lot of noise. What happened to the North Texas chants? you know...North!.....Texas!

I don't know what section you are in, but in 208 we stood up and cheered for every 3rd and 4th down for our defense. I thought it was very loud where I was standing.

It was hard to tell, but the alumni side did look fuller. And we need to do the "North...Texas" chants during specific times in the game, or have an audible cue to let both sides know. Oh, and DON'T DO IT WHEN OUR OFFENSE IS LINING UP!

I don't know what section you are in, but in 208 we stood up and cheered for every 3rd and 4th down for our defense. I thought it was very loud where I was standing.

105 seemed to start taking the hint and standing and cheering as the game went on.

Great consideration needs to be made to establishing section engagement by those on this board. When you start yelling...those around you should follow suite. Call your section out. Stand up on third downs and get everyone used to the new way of doing things!

When my 61 year old mom, with hip and foot problems can stand and cheer, there is no excuse unless you are physically unable to stand.

What we are doing right:

I would like to extend some props to those in my section of the alumni side... The 3rd and 4th downs were much better with overall participation. Well done...I was a bit critical for the Houston game. My section improved this game with this.

What we are still NOT doing right:

1. Staying in the freaking parking lot too late. The guys in my own tailgate laugh at me for saying it is time to pack up at 5:00 and leaving by 5:15 OR 5:30. I can't imagine how deflating it must be for the team to get pumped up to go out on the field and see the freaking stands 2/3rds empty. College football is an emotional game for these young man. If we have sellouts, maybe this will change... but this needs a culture change with us overall, students and alumns. Spread the word, please?

2. Overall attendance. It was truly sad to see only 21k show up. For those that did, PROPS! We are on the way to having a real home field advantage. For those of you that didn't show, I know everyone has stuff going on, but we really need to get those students in the stadium... RV and Mac are working on this, and I believe this is improving... I worry about the lackluster conference foes taking us back below 20k again... Just terrible. This was a BIG 10 OPPONENT. Come on. Especially one that we could AND DID BEAT! Buzz kill here...

Maybe we should just paint the bleachers and concrete green so that it isn't so obvious when the stands are empty? Would that require us to commit to a green color?

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 2

It was hard to tell, but the alumni side did look fuller. And we need to do the "North...Texas" chants during specific times in the game, or have an audible cue to let both sides know. Oh, and DON'T DO IT WHEN OUR OFFENSE IS LINING UP!

You know the perfect time for this is pre-game kickoff or kickoffs... This is a perfect warm up chant for the game and for defense when we are kicking off!

Just a question - not a complaint - I guess the net in front of the TV screen is not one that can be taken down when not kicking?

Can we please get the refs microphones working by game three?

The mics refs were fine by the second half.

I just don't understand this: a simple sound check by the refs before kickoff would solve this.

I think as time goes by and we start to win more games (hopefully) I think the crowd noise will naturally come. Obviously you'd like the fans to be like other big schools but right now we're in that transition mode. I say we get some more wins and get the program rising and the crowd noise/passion will come slowly but surely.