Bold Score Prediction

NCMeanGreen

How do we get to 13 if our defense can't kick field goals?

I suppose we will miss an extra point :(

I don't know why Zach Olen missed two field goals last week when he only missed two last year but don't rag on our field goal kicker. Zach ranked 16th in the FBS last year and is among the best in the country.

I don't know why Zach Olen missed two field goals last week when he only missed two last year but don't rag on our field goal kicker. Zach ranked 16th in the FBS last year and is among the best in the country.

i don't recall putting Olen in my crosshairs (yet)... in fact, i thought his 2 pat's last week were absolutely phenomenal and i am certain the voters will give him heisman consideration.

The point is, until the offense proves otherwise i will presume that our defense will continue to score all the points. If it makes you feel better about this scenario - 1 touchdown (extra point succesful) and 3 safety's

Houston has always been known to be flakey when playing football they may play one or

two games good and then play down to their opponet the next week. That is what I am

counting on

Houston 31 North Texas 17

Sellout with everyone seeing a competative game.

Scrappyman1

Sad that we consider that competitive.

• Upvote 3

UH 54

NT 17

Bowl-bound Tulsa beat us 54-2 in the first game of a series back in 2005 to score big in regional recruiting. Bowl-bound Rice beat us 77-20 in 2008 in the first game of a series to score big in regional recruiting. In 2011, we play Houston in the first game of a series, who is most certainly going to be bowl-bound...

Just enjoy the wonderful new Apogee Stadium, folks. It will be gorgeous on Saturday and the sound will be awesome. You will forget about Fouts and the sightlines and the track and the bad coaching over the years. Just soak it in--don't worry about what the scoreboard says. Remember that we finally have built a stadium that others want to watch a game at and that it won't sound like a funeral gathering. We don't have a HS coaching staff anymore because we finally decided to pay for an experienced staff. Look for the positives.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just enjoy the wonderful new Apogee Stadium, folks. It will be gorgeous on Saturday and the sound will be awesome. You will forget about Fouts and the sightlines and the track and the bad coaching over the years. Just soak it in--don't worry about what the scoreboard says.

Yep, it should be awesome. Right up until about 6:15 pm.

Bowl-bound Tulsa beat us 54-2 in the first game of a series back in 2005 to score big in regional recruiting. Bowl-bound Rice beat us 77-20 in 2008 in the first game of a series to score big in regional recruiting. In 2011, we play Houston in the first game of a series, who is most certainly going to be bowl-bound...

Just enjoy the wonderful new Apogee Stadium, folks. It will be gorgeous on Saturday and the sound will be awesome. You will forget about Fouts and the sightlines and the track and the bad coaching over the years. Just soak it in--don't worry about what the scoreboard says. Remember that we finally have built a stadium that others want to watch a game at and that it won't sound like a funeral gathering. We don't have a HS coaching staff anymore because we finally decided to pay for an experienced staff. Look for the positives.

Stolen from a UTSA post.

I'm with CMJ. Houston beat UCLA at Home. UNT lost to FIU on the Road. Point is UNT is going to beat, and beat badly. Don't know score. If we some how cover the spread in this game consider it a moral victor. If our team, game plan, and coach's show enthusiasm it's a moral victory. If we play like we did against FIU It's going to be an ugly game. Houston will come to play. The cougars want to prove they belong in the Big XII, so they're not going to hold anything back. Realistically Houston can make a good case they deserve to be back in the Big XII. Some of their facilities bite, but if Houston gets back into Big XII you'll see deep pocket cougar donor's coming out of the woodwork to build new stadium (or play at Reliant Stadium), and then a new basketball arena will be next (or Toyota Center here we come).

I'm flying in from New York to see the Mean Green get beat. Mostly I just want to be part of the first game at the new stadium. Hopefully Houston doesn't drop 28 on us in the first quarter and take all the energy out of the building. I just want to see a competitive game. I think I deserve that.

I'm with CMJ. Houston beat UCLA at Home. UNT lost to FIU on the Road. Point is UNT is going to beat, and beat badly. Don't know score. If we some how cover the spread in this game consider it a moral victor. If our team, game plan, and coach's show enthusiasm it's a moral victory. If we play like we did against FIU It's going to be an ugly game. Houston will come to play. The cougars want to prove they belong in the Big XII, so they're not going to hold anything back. Realistically Houston can make a good case they deserve to be back in the Big XII. Some of their facilities bite, but if Houston gets back into Big XII you'll see deep pocket cougar donor's coming out of the woodwork to build new stadium (or play at Reliant Stadium), and then a new basketball arena will be next (or Toyota Center here we come).

You do know Houston has never been in the Big XII, right?

I am not sure why you are getting -1's for this (maybe the thread title?).

I pooped my pants in a Miami Target store last weekend and that was only the second most embarrasing thing I experienced in Florida last week. That game sucked.

I think your prediction is likely not too far off, though I am hoping we get a few more points.

UH 49

UNT 24

Better showing, but still a pretty good spanking. We are still a long way from good.

Very impressive, sir!!