Dan McCarney end of two-a-days video

Brett Vito

Exciting stuff.

1. McNulty the #3 QB, not much separation between him and #2 and #1. I really didn't see that. Based on everything I had heard, I thought he was going to be a project, and that might be at any of several positions. Very good to hear.

2. Cyril Lemon starting guard. When's the last time we had a true freshman starting on the O-line in the season opener? I'm sure it's happened, but I can't remember the last time.

3. WRs the most improved unit. I really wasn't too worried about them, but certain people (*ahem*) have suggested that our diminished WR corps would lose us games. Doesn't sound like it.

Exciting stuff.

1. McNulty the #3 QB, not much separation between him and #2 and #1. I really didn't see that. Based on everything I had heard, I thought he was going to be a project, and that might be at any of several positions. Very good to hear.

2. Cyril Lemon starting guard. When's the last time we had a true freshman starting on the O-line in the season opener? I'm sure it's happened, but I can't remember the last time.

3. WRs the most improved unit. I really wasn't too worried about them, but certain people (*ahem*) have suggested that our diminished WR corps would lose us games. Doesn't sound like it.

Nick Zuniga? I know he played four years, but I can't remember if he started the very first game of his freshman year.

Folks, it takes more than being big, quick and strong to start as a freshman in the O-line. The O-line is one of the hardest positions to learn. And any freshman that beats out anyone with any sort of D-1 experience is a pretty special player.

Nick Zuniga? I know he played four years, but I can't remember if he started the very first game of his freshman year.

Folks, it takes more than being big, quick and strong to start as a freshman in the O-line. The O-line is one of the hardest positions to learn. And any freshman that beats out anyone with any sort of D-1 experience is a pretty special player.

I believe Nick started as a sophmore...but could be wrong...

I see this as a good thing for the O Line....We all know that the line was not very deep and a few injuries or poor performance by some of the starters could spell doom for us....For a freshman we did not expect to see action step forward in August to impress our experienced coaches enough to be named a starter means that our depth just improved by one.

• Upvote 5

Nick Zuniga "Bull" started as a true freshman and played all four years. I heard that Freddie Warner will see time in the secondary and special teams. He will not play offense this year. Antonio Johnson plays tackle not guard different position than Lemon. Johnson will be on the two deep but not clear if he will start yet.

• Upvote 2

He's only a RS Freshman. I think we'll hear from him in the future.

I agree.....He came into summer conditioning in June of 2010 only 17 years old and from a small school...I think he just needs a little more time and then will be really solid.

Edited by Green59
  • Upvote 1

Source???

I thought that A. Johnson was a tackle.

They could be moving Fortenberry to tackle no? Pure speculation but that would put Tomlinson(right tackle) next to Lemon (right guard) JJ at center and Fortenberry at left tackle and Y'Barbo at left guard?

I have heard McNulty reminds people of Scott Hall, not the most technical qb but finds way to make first downs and gets the job done. If we have another Scott on our hands I will be very happy! Scott Hall for NT Hall of Fame!

So....do we now have yet another QB controversy? For what, the 15th year in a row?! Even when Hall was starting and winning conference, we argued over Hall or Smith!*

I mean, I'd be thrilled if we have another Hall on our hands---but I'm so sick of sending out frosh QBs that I can't stand it.

**Though I'd LOVE to get back to that kind of QB controversy---arguing over 2 GOOD, veteran QBs**