Quick Thought

meanJewGreen

How awesome is it to be a freshman class of 2015 at the University of North Texas right now?

I remember when I started back in 06, we had an enormous amount of problems athletically, and educationally and didnt know where the future lied for UNT.

Now these freshman come in with a new stadium, renewed commitment to athletics (baseball program by the time they're seniors?) winning basketball program, new business and life science facilities, a fresh $22 million donation, plus $8 million more, and I'm sure more on the way, and new fraternity house construction (more people living on campus please)

Not only this, they get free seats in the stadium. Oh, and Fry Street construction should be complete by their sophomore years.

I'm jealous of them. What a great time to be a freshman. Now, if only the City of Denton could do its part.

They're getting the better end of the stick on everything but Fry Street.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Industrial...the New Fry Street.

But not really. I love industrial but unless there's a band I want to see I don't have much use for Dan's. When I showed up to town Cool beans had 2 bars and an extra room. TJs was a great bar, and Chopsticks was in it's rightful location. Not to even mention The Tomato.

I enjoy eating over on Industrial but it doesnt compare to the college scene Fry used to provide.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

But not really. I love industrial but unless there's a band I want to see I don't have much use for Dan's. When I showed up to town Cool beans had 2 bars and an extra room. TJs was a great bar, and Chopsticks was in it's rightful location. Not to even mention The Tomato.

You don't think Industrial can come close? Dan's has an available second bar (I haven't seen them use), along with the patio. Fuzzy's and Hot Box for food.

The old Cold Fusion lounge needs to come back as some type of bar/live music venue. Still no Tomato, though; I'll give you that.

Still, walking distance from a coffee house and The Loophole/Beth Marie's.

I enjoy eating over on Industrial but it doesnt compare to the college scene Fry used to provide.

You mean like Petty Theft...on September 10th after the Houston game?

• Upvote 1

You don't think Industrial can come close? Dan's has an available second bar (I haven't seen them use), along with the patio. Fuzzy's and Hot Box for food.

The old Cold Fusion lounge needs to come back as some type of bar/live music venue. Still no Tomato, though; I'll give you that.

Still, walking distance from a coffee house and The Loophole/Beth Marie's.

Pretty sure Hot Box closed a little while ago but Rooster's is just as good if not better than Fuzzy's.

Agreed! And the most important thing... They get Cheer practice! Or is it called yell practice, I always get them confused. But I do have a question, will the AD Hold yell practice for us old alums? :)

We're having yell practice? I know everyone loves to hate on the Aggies, but there's a reason they have one of the best atmospheres in the nation. They have 83,000 yelling the same thing at the same time. Texas has close to 100k and it doesn't even come close to the same atmosphere.