The Helmet

UNTflyer

Nice classic helmet. They will sure look good come game day when the team is all geared up. I like this classic look. I think it says that UNT is ready to play some classic rough and tumble football and is ready to let its play on the field be all the "glitz and glitter" needed.

Doesn't let me down at all...I like. Can't wait to see the entire uniform in person. I'll bet it looks much better than these photos...

Thanks for posting the photo...GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I'm thankful that they're green again!

(As to the logo...well, we've been over that :rolleyes: When I attended the University of North Texas, I supported UNT football.)

Anyway, I'm not going to complain because it's green again.

Thank you, Rick, for the green helmets again! I'm going ahead with a season ticket order now. The green helmet clinches it.

• Upvote 3

"...Cheer for the Green & White..."

I like the simpler move. I too would like to see the SOW on it, but this is sharp.

Also, I've always heard that although the center stripe on a helmet makes it look good, cornerbacks are taught to look at the helmet stripe to know where the QB is looking. If it's not there, then that may be more beneficial to our guys.

• Upvote 1

I was excited about today. I was planning on coming home from work and posting the pics of the new uniform on Facebook for all my friends to see. I had even thought of a status to go with the link to the pictures: "Hopefully the Mean Green will play well this season. But even if they don't, they'll at least look good."

However, after seeing the new uniforms I've decided not to show them on Facebook because I'm somewhat embarrassed. It's not something I want to show off. My friends would just comment about how boring and plain they are.

I like the "practice" helmet with the black stripes better.

Generic, plain, boring.

Even with all the bashing, I am interested in seeing the whole uniform on they guys.

Go Mean Green

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 7

I like the jerseys, but the helmets need the SOW on them. I wish I knew why our administration won't place the logo on the helmets. Doesn't make sense to me.

My understanding is that the entire university is trying to brand itself as UNT, not "North Texas". RV; however, does not like acronyms (WTF?) and will not go that direction. RV also does not feel that the "SOW" has brand recognition as of now, but believes it is a future option (personal communication).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My understanding is that the entire university is trying to brand itself as UNT, not "North Texas". RV; however, does not like acronyms (WTF?) and will not go that direction. RV also does not feel that the "SOW" has brand recognition as of now, but believes it is a future option (personal communication).

Nobody knew the Boise State logo until they embarassed The Too-Sooners.

• Upvote 1