Darius Carey to......

"Coaches on some other sh*$ so i had to go. Ima f#$k with McNeese St. so i wouldnt sit out a year and its a lil closer to home"

Sorry if the language offends.....just felt the need to share that he is at least trying to go to McNeese with Riley...of course I found that interesting.

Twitter

Hopefully, he will do well there. If only his attitude and behavior here could have matched his performance.

"Coaches on some other sh*$ so i had to go. Ima f#$k with McNeese St. so i wouldnt sit out a year and its a lil closer to home"

Sorry if the language offends.....just felt the need to share that he is at least trying to go to McNeese with Riley...of course I found that interesting.

Twitter

Who was on some other ishh? For some reason I don't think it was the coaching staff

• Upvote 3

This kid is a trouble-maker off the field. I know for a fact that he was recently involved in the jumping of another student at a party. He was the driving force behind it an he and his friends beat up some kid. And this was the weekend after he got kicked off the team. He runs with a pretty questionable crowd and there have been other rumors of his involvment in other incidents. Nothing I know as fact so I wont put it out there. Oh well, he is done, and so is his football career. Others now have the chance to step up and I believe they will.

• Upvote 3

This kid is a trouble-maker off the field. I know for a fact that he was recently involved in the jumping of another student at a party. He was the driving force behind it an he and his friends beat up some kid. And this was the weekend after he got kicked off the team. He runs with a pretty questionable crowd and there have been other rumors of his involvment in other incidents. Nothing I know as fact so I wont put it out there. Oh well, he is done, and so is his football career. Others now have the chance to step up and I believe they will.

Just more proof that there's just no room in Denton, Texas, for "the Chciago way." Keep em' up there, Mayor Rambone Emmanuel. :argue:

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

What's he going to do? Ring the doorbell and run? Toilet paper the front yard?

I believe from his ebonics terms it means "I'm taking my "talents" to McNesse St."

Not literally trying to do naughty things with it

Im having trouble finding that state on the map though.

It seems as more info thats coming out, the coaching staff did the right thing of keeping our program on track and the garbage out

Twitter

That's just sad. If his grammar and writing skills are any indication of his dedication to academics, we will probably be taking some kind of hit when next year NCAA progress ratings come out, and if the McNeese coaches read that, they may not want him.

I think Carey needs to fix his attitude, and hopefully improve his life.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Typical. Blame it on someone else instead of taking responsibility for your actions.

Could not agree with you more. I dont know why everyone thinks this team/ wide receivers will be in shambles because we lost a wide receiver with a 500 yards season. He is NOT dunbar, he a punk kid who thinks everything should be handed to him. He tells the whole team that he will be a leader, and move on from his old lifestyle. Then two months later he gets kicked off the team.

Macs showing the team its about your character and life skills after football. Football wont be there forever, and maybe 1 person might make it on a NFL training camp roster.

• Upvote 1

Well, with that attitude and background I am happy he's on his way to McNeese...if he really is. Bad attitude is the least of his challenges. I heard a "rumor" as to why he was kicked off the team and it has much more to do with than just a "bad attitude". I think Coach Dodge had to deal with some of the same "stuff".

He is definitely replaceable, and I, for one, believe that he will not be missed.

Good luck, Darius. If you have a football career left, here's hoping you clean up your act and attitude.

He is definitely replaceable, and I, for one, believe that he will not be missed.

Let's not diminish his ability. I thought he was poised to REALLY break out this year. But his previous level of production can be replaced by our current roster.

Edited by eppy4life
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Let's not diminish his ability. I thought he was poised to REALLY break out this year. But his previous level of production can be replaced by our current roster.

I agree that he had potential, and sometimes showed flashes of it. But there are 100s of Darius Careys on college football rosters across the country - good potential, athletic...but too lazy or shortsighted to put in the work to fulfill it.

Think about guys from small colleges like Walter Payton, Jerry Rice, and Terry Bradshaw who worked their asses off with the talent they were given. Then, think about the athletes who initially are in better situations and don't take advantage of them.

Sure, we've not considered a traditional college power. But, we're miles ahead of where Payton and Rice came from, and about equal on the food chain (until our new stadium is ramped up) with where Bradshaw came from.

Also, being in my 40s now with a wife, kids, mortgage, and the responsibility of trying to run a business, I have less patience for kids who are given opportunities at a young age and blow them. The Darius Careys of the world will have nothing but regret when they grow up and realize the opportunities they wasted because of stupid, off-the-field issues.

Part of me wants to wish the kid good luck at McNeese; but, the other part cares less about his football abilities and just hopes he'll grow up and stay out of trouble. It's a shame.

• Upvote 1

Now for something positive...

...the upside to Darius Carey being gone is that it perhaps makes those remaining on the roster hungrier to show what they can do. His absence can be their gain.

Plus, for those of us who wail about lack of tight end play, this kind of forces Canales to consider using the JUCO kid more than he'd maybe planned to do so.

Anyone besides me glad that this Darius Carey issue came up and was promptly snuffed out during the off-season and not in the middle of football season? Such a diversion could have had a negative effect on our team during our "run to the Sun Belt" title.

• Upvote 2