Gomeangreen Chant Before Or During The Game

Harry

If anyone can help me out here, I am thinking that during a particular part of the first pregame or during the first game it would be really cool if we yell out Go Mean Green! in unison. That's all I could come up with so far but I was hoping that you guys could help me to figure out the rest. Maybe it could be in the last 3 seconds of a quarter since it is three syllables? Or at a specific time marker. It would be a cool way for us to show our solidarity and add some fun. It could be a neat tradition that we could say we started in the new stadium. We could tell our grandchildren stories about it when they wheel us in 20-30 years from now. Just a thought, so let me hear some ideas on how to develop it! GMG!

Everyone seems to like the back and forth banter of "NORTH"..."TEXAS" so why not do "NORTH" (student)..."TEXAS" (alumni)..."MEAN" (student)..."GREEN" (alumni)...FIGHT (both).

It could be administered at any time (when there is time) by the student side cheerleaders. The word "GO" (or "WIN") could be substituted for "FIGHT". It also could be repeated more than once.

• Upvote 1

Everyone seems to like the back and forth banter of "NORTH"..."TEXAS" so why not do "NORTH" (student)..."TEXAS" (alumni)..."MEAN" (student)..."GREEN" (alumni)...FIGHT (both).

It could be administered at any time (when there is time) by the student side cheerleaders. The word "GO" (or "WIN") could be substituted for "FIGHT". It also could be repeated more than once.

I think I like his idea!

Edited by Hunter Green

I like both your's and Harry's ideas

But.........

Whatever we do, it needs to be VERY simple and easy to get started because otherwise, it ain't gonna fly!

I'm thinking as the last 3 seconds of the 1st or 3rd quarter run out we say Go Mean Green! in time with each second as the quarter clock expires... That would be fairly easy to remember. 3-go, 2-mean, 1-green...

I'm thinking as the last 3 seconds of the 1st or 3rd quarter run out we say Go Mean Green! in time with each second as the quarter clock expires... That would be fairly easy to remember. 3-go, 2-mean, 1-green...

I like this idea too. Hopefully we'll utilize our jumbotron more @ the new house to organize something like this.

Having never been to your stadium, I can't say how y'all currently use the GMG, but you could use it like the Spurs MAVERICKS use Go Spurs Go "LET's GO MAVS".

You know when the time is right for cheers like this. It's an easy cheer that everyone can scream in unison.

EDIT - Upon further discussion, it has been decided that I should avoid anything Spurs when making suggestions on this board.

Edited by Chrisattsu
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Having never been to your stadium, I can't say how y'all currently use the GMG, but you could use it like the Spurs use Go Spurs Go.

You know when the time is right for cheers like this. It's an easy cheer that everyone can scream in unison.

I was with you until you said Spurs, then I tuned out.

• Upvote 2

Having never been to your stadium, I can't say how y'all currently use the GMG, but you could use it like the Spurs use Go Spurs Go.

We've ripped off chants/spirit ideas from other teams/schools before. Can't enjoy it as much when too many refuse to adopt it because it's not original. Now, edit your post and remove the part about it being used in San Antonio and I'm sure everyone will love it.

We've ripped off chants/spirit ideas from other teams/schools before. Can't enjoy it as much when too many refuse to adopt it because it's not original. Now, edit your post and remove the part about it being used in San Antonio and I'm sure everyone will love it.

I meant to say you know like when the Mavericks use "Lets Go Mavs"

There is that better :D

Scrappy gives the signal, and you know he's giving the signal because wherever he's currently located in the stadium a camera has him on the video board, you knew ro look up at the video board because the cheerleaders are yelling a long unified "ooooohhh" yell and rolling their fists, and at the appropriate fist pump by Scrappy it starts.

Let's!

Go!

Mean!

Green!

Fight!

Fight!

Fight!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Downvote 2

During the Bill Blakely years, we used to bring the Mean Green out onto the floor by cheering "Bring On The Mean Green". Almost all in the Super Pit would get into it and have fun with it. I have no idea why it quit when Blakely left.

I dont see why this would not work as a pregame cheer and to cheer the team out after halftime.

I know this is not quite what you are talking about but I am also an old fart and live in the past. Forgive me.

• Upvote 2

Scrappy gives the signal, and you know he's giving the signal because wherever he's currently located in the stadium a camera has him on the video board, you knew ro look up at the video board because the cheerleaders are yelling a long unified "ooooohhh" yell and rolling their fists, and at the appropriate fist pump by Scrappy it starts.

Let's!

Go!

Mean!

Green!

Fight!

Fight!

Fight!

Rick

I remember when when Memphis did their version at the New Orleans Bowl. It was really impressive to hear their ENTIRE side cheer T-I-G-E-R-S TIGERS!

On another note. The 2 crowd participation cheers we do well have the help of the 1. cheerleaders or 2. the PA announcer.

1. The NORTH - TEXAS cheer is helped by the signs the cheerleaders hold up.

2 When we get a frst down, the PA announcer says, "That's good for another Mean Green" and we reply "FIRST DOWN"

What I'm trying to say is that the crowd needs help and the cheerleaders and/or PA announcer have the tools to provide that help.

• Upvote 1

This is good until someone calls timeout with two seconds left and we're required to hold "mean" for over a minute. We'd have fans dropping like flies.

• Upvote 1

FFR gives the signal, and you know he's giving the signal because wherever he's currently located in the stadium a camera has him on the video board, you knew ro look up at the video board because the cheerleaders are yelling a long unified "ooooohhh" yell and rolling their fists, and at the appropriate fist pump by FFR it starts.

Let's!

Go!

Mean!

Green!

Fight!

Fight!

Fight!

Rick

Fixed

• Upvote 4

I'd like to see us do the chant portion of our fight song accapella complete with arm signals. I think that would be especially cool at road games. However, it may not "fly" because there may be too many people that don't want to acknowledge that our mascot is still the Eagles, just because we have an awsome nick name in Mean Green.

• Upvote 1