Gomeangreen.com Basketball Classis

drex

well you played your ace off buddy....kudos to ya.

Yes he did , 90 is not bad for a old guy ;) Meanwhile I can't believe how far my body lags behind my mind. It's been 7 years since I even touched a ball and man did I age quick, my right knee is already swollen like a melon

Great event , great time

How were the celebrity refs?

Actually quite good. They let us play (thankfully, without laughing to much) Still bitter about the call from half court on my foul underneath. Yes, it was a foul, but she was waaaaaay outta position to call it. :-)

OK, I am FINALLY able to get on the forum and talk a bit about the game. Sorry ahead of time as this will be a bit lengthy.

First things first...Many many thanks to everyone who helped make this event a success...from the players to the cheer squad to the "celebrity refs" to our wonderful sponsors and donors, to those who helped me with ideas and support and to all who came out to both watch and help on game day. I truly hope that you had as much fun as I did. If you couldn't come, make plans to attend (or play) in next year's event. I hope it is even bigger and better. You always learn a thing or two the first time you do one of these events.

I would be remiss BIG TIME if I did not give a big shout out of thanks to the UNT Athletic Dept. and in particular PAUL BATCHELDER and JEFF LUSTER... without the help and support of these guys this event would not have been able to take place. In addition, Kendra talkin and Matt Phillips are due a "thank you" for helping me obtain our title sponsor, Metzler's!

OK here goes:

Final Score: Emmitt01 FINALLY ends up on the winning side in one of these events:

GREEN TEAM: 77 .... WHITE TEAM: 49

We had some "honors" to hand out after the game...all selected by our celebrity refs (Raquel Cuffie, Josh White and Shannon Shorter) .

White Team MVP: UNT90

White Team Hustle Award: MeanJewGreen

Green Team MVP: ECHO (never any doubt in this selection)

Green Team Hustle Award: Bonfire Brian

Spirit Award: Mean Green Matt

Thanks to our brothers Hiatt (Sean and Jason) who were the winning bidders for the autographed football and basketball. And, thanks to all our bidders who helped move the bids up as the event and day progressed...in fact we had a bidder waiting to raise the bid yet again just as time ran out.

It was great to see so many of the Cheer Squad show up to cheer for the respective teams and to have so many basketball players come to watch, help and referee. Special thanks go to our two basketball team managers who came and ran our scoreboard and clock, brought the balls for the warm ups and game and the autographed basketball. And, to George Odufawa who helped keep track of player fouls during the game.

OK, now for some GREAT NEWS! How did we do for the Cheer Squad? We'll I am very pleased to say that we blew through the goal of $1,000 net to the Cheer Squad and due to the generosity of up sponsors, players , donors and fans we will be handing the Athletic Dept. checks in the amount of $1, 925.00!!!!!! That $1925.00 is AFTER all expenses and will be given to the Athletic Dept. on Monday.

You folks are the best! It is in situations like this that I see so many people put aside their differences...be they political or with something related to UNT....to come together to have a great time and to support a great cause...if for no other reason I am happy to have been a part of this because I saw three little kid's faces light up when I gave them small Mean Green Basketballs (thanks to my bride buying them as a gift to the event) and when I saw Emmitt's beautiful little girl sing the Mean Green fight song live and in person along with the UNT Cheer Squad. Made this "old guy's" day!

Again, well done all...thanks to everyone and make plans now to be part of next year's event! GO MEAN GREEN!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1

OK, I am FINALLY able to get on the forum and talk a bit about the game. Sorry ahead of time as this will be a bit lengthy.

First things first...Many many thanks to everyone who helped make this event a success...from the players to the cheer squad to the "celebrity refs" to our wonderful sponsors and donors, to those who helped me with ideas and support and to all who came out to both watch and help on game day. I truly hope that you had as much fun as I did. If you couldn't come, make plans to attend (or play) in next year's event. I hope it is even bigger and better. You always learn a thing or two the first time you do one of these events.

I would be remiss BIG TIME if I did not give a big shout out of thanks to the UNT Athletic Dept. and in particular PAUL BATCHELDER and JEFF LUSTER... without the help and support of these guys this event would not have been able to take place. In addition, Kendra talkin and Matt Phillips are due a "thank you" for helping me obtain our title sponsor, Metzler's!

OK here goes:

Final Score: Emmitt01 FINALLY ends up on the winning side in one of these events:

We had some "honors" to hand out after the game...all selected by our celebrity refs (Raquel Cuffie, Josh White and Shannon Shorter) .

Thanks to our brothers Haitt (Sean and Jason) who were the winning bidders for the autographed football and basketball. And, thanks to all our bidders who helped move the bids up as the event and day progressed...in fact we had a bidder waiting to raise the bid yet again just as time ran out.

It was great to see so many of the Cheer Squad show up to cheer for the respective teams and to have so many basketball players come to watch, help and referee. Special thanks go to our two basketball team managers who came and ran our scoreboard and clock, brought the balls for the warm ups and game and the autographed basketball. And, to George Odufawa who helped keep track of player fouls during the game.

OK, now for some GREAT NEWS! How did we do for the Cheer Squad? We'll I am very pleased to say that we blew through the goal of $1,000 net to the Cheer Squad and due to the generosity of up sponsors, players , donors and fans we will be handing the Athletic Dept. checks in the amount of $1, 925.00!!!!!! That $1925.00 is AFTER all expenses and will be given to the Athletic Dept. on Monday.

You folks are the best! It is in situations like this that I see so many people put aside their differences...be they political or with something related to UNT....to come together to have a great time and to support a great cause...if for no other reason I am happy to have been a part of this because I saw three little kid's faces light up when I gave them small Mean Green Basketballs (thanks to my bride buying them as a gift to the event) and when I saw Emmitt's beautiful little girl sing the Mean Green fight song live and in person along with the UNT Cheer Squad. Made this "old guy's" day!

Again, well done all...thanks to everyone and make plans now to be part of next year's event! GO MEAN GREEN!

OK here goes:

Thanks to our brothers Haitt (Sean and Jason) who were the winning bidders for the autographed football and basketball. And, thanks to all our bidders who helped move the bids up as the event and day progressed...in fact we had a bidder waiting to raise the bid yet again just as time ran out.

Great to hear we raised almost $2,000. Thanks for putting together the event! It was a lot of fun. Can't wait for next year's game.

I think I would have gave Harry the "Best Defense" award. He did an awesome job guarding ECHO!! Also to whomever pulled ECHO's shorts down, the ref's weren't sure if that was supposed to be considered a foul, so great defensive prowess!!

KRAM1: On behalf of Raquel, Josh, Shannon, ECHO, My hubby & myself... thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of this!

I can't wait to see the pictures!

Enjoyed the game...it was well organized...congrats to all for a good afternoon of 'Mean Greening'...thanks, Kram1 et al.

drex...it was great, as always, to see you Saturday. Thanks for making the trek up to see the game...and thanks for your support of the game as well by your contribution.

I think I would have gave Harry the "Best Defense" award. He did an awesome job guarding ECHO!! Also to whomever pulled ECHO's shorts down, the ref's weren't sure if that was supposed to be considered a foul, so great defensive prowess!!

KRAM1: On behalf of Raquel, Josh, Shannon, ECHO, My hubby & myself... thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of this!

A big shout out to you guys as well...just about your entire family was involved in the game...contributing ideas, help and cash, refereeing, playing...supporting...you guys are GREAT! My big time appreciation yo you guys.

Hey, how can we find out about ECHO's R&B album????

GO MEAN GREEN...cannot wait to find out who the next women's coach will be.

I can't wait to see the pictures!

Have to give you a big shout out...just about your entire family was involved from playing to refereeing to donating to providing ideas and support to working at the game itself. You guys were a BIG part of the success of the event...and I do not know how to thank you enough for all your help and support.

The phots will probably be something really special. We owe Debbie a big Thank you for doing the photos for us...she is a professional photographer, as you can readily see fro the flag footvball photos from last year in the GMG.com gallery....and she gives up her toime to help with this for us...just super...and thanks to UNT90 for having the connection and helping us secure the services of our very own photographer...thanks so much Debbie...you are the greatest!

Make sure we find out how to get info on ECHO's R&B album!!!! Thanks again and go Mean Green!

Edited by KRAM1

Hey everybody, I just wanted to thank everybody that helped make the event a great success, Especially Kram. In my time on the cheer team this is the first time anyone has done anything like this and it was amazing and fun. Though I am graduating soon, I will definitely be back next year. Thanks Kram, Thanks MG Nation, thanks GMG.com

• Upvote 3

i am needing a new facebook pic, hence i am waiting on the phots

awesome event all around. thank you echo for not punching me when i pulled your pants down

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Kram,

I can't say thank you enough for the basketball you gave my son. He hasn't put it down yet. In fact he came and played all night with it cuz it fit into his fisher price hoop. In fact he took it to bed with him. Also today while I was at work I got a call from the wife saying that when she turned on the unc/Kentucky game little Kyle was pointing at the players on tv and asking where's "DaDa"? Again thank you so much for the opportunity to be involved.

• Upvote 1