Spring Game Talk On The Ticket

UNT 90 Grad

As far as the stadium for the spring game, I would much prefer it to be on campus, but you can blame that on the AD department. Frankly, if teams wanted to put interest back into spring games, they would threat them as actual games as they did in the past. I don't understand how teams have hard hitting drills all spring, then conclude with a watered down scrimmage. Dodge's were the worst, with some kind of incomprehensible scoring system and hands off the QB's and returners.

I agree. Instead of complaining about the game WHERE the game is played I'd prefer to complain about WHEN it's being played. I'll be missing this year's game. Sucks.

Craig Miller was just bagging on UNT for moving the Spring Game to a high school stadium. He asked "what other D1 school would do this". He then asked if you could imagine Texas moving their spring game to Austin Westlake. Jub Jub backed up the school pointing out that there was a conflicting track event that weekend and that we won't have that problem in the new stadium since there is not track.

I'm not much of a Craig Miller fan. :thumbsd:

I knew when I heard him say that a thread would start about how much of a non fan and tool he was....sure enough. He was on board with our new hire and has said that he feels like UNT was moving in the right direction since the Mac hire and was even at the last home game in Fouts. Regardless of whether you like him not, he did ask a relevant question - how many other D1 school move their Spring games to the local high school stadiums? Seriously? Our spring game for the schools most important sport with a new coach doesn't take precedent over something else?

So I wonder what track event is causing the conflict. George threw that out there, but UNT Track looks to be on the road that weekend. Did we have an agreement for a high school meet or something? If so, there is some irony.

I thought that the Class 4A region 2 meet was being held that weekend, but after looking at the UIL website, they show the regional meet to be May 2-3. So that rules that out. Do any of the Denton schools host their district meets at Fouts?

Question--and in all seriousness...will the move to C. H. Collins stadium keep anyone from attending the game that was actually planning on attending and can actually attend the game? I am not talking about opinions about what others may or may not do such as "students won't come", or "lots of fans won't like this move", but really, will this stop anyone from attending? Speaking only for myself...I can now attend (the Alumni Awards Dinner was scheduled for that Friday evening long before the spring game date was announced), and the move makes no difference. I'll be there as i think we will see a much different spring game than the ones we have witnessed the last few years.

What do you think? Will you be attending? Does the move make a difference in whether you will attend or not?

Question--and in all seriousness...will the move to C. H. Collins stadium keep anyone from attending the game that was actually planning on attending and can actually attend the game? I am not talking about opinions about what others may or may not do such as "students won't come", or "lots of fans won't like this move", but really, will this stop anyone from attending? Speaking only for myself...I can now attend (the Alumni Awards Dinner was scheduled for that Friday evening long before the spring game date was announced), and the move makes no difference. I'll be there as i think we will see a much different spring game than the ones we have witnessed the last few years.

What do you think? Will you be attending? Does the move make a difference in whether you will attend or not?

I plan to attend. My only question is about tailgating.....can we?

Regardless of whether you like him not, he did ask a relevant question - how many other D1 school move their Spring games to the local high school stadiums? Seriously? Our spring game for the schools most important sport with a new coach doesn't take precedent over something else?

Or maybe he should have considered the following question: What other university would be upgrading the Spring Game facility by moving to a high school stadium?

He is so disconnected he has no understanding of where this program is at right now.

He and Korby are college football D-Bags. Go to another school, yet root for Oklahoma, or in Korby's case, root for Oklahoma until TCU winds up in the Rose Bowl. Don't worry, folks, as soon as this program is good again, Craig will pull a Korby and be back on board. That is just the type of college football fan he is.

**I would have loved it if they could have made a drop of two Korby comments. One where he says that he just didn't get into TCU football that much because they weren't good when he was there. The other where he says that going through the hard times is what makes finally winning so sweet. Play them back to back to expose his college football douchery.

• Upvote 2

I might be in the minority here, but I actually think Craig Miller has a well tought out opinion on most sports topics. That's why I'm always baffled at his hate for NT. If his dad played @ OU, why can't he be a fan of both NT & OU?

I coould be wrong, but I think you are getting Miller mixed up with Korby on this point.

It would be fine to have them as your second team, but who do you think either of these 2 root for when TCU or UNT plays OU?

I'm guessing the number of people that will now go because of the date change will outweigh the number of people that will now not go due to the location.

I plan to be there. I plan to tailgate if they'll let us.

I will be there, but it riles me if we are not using Fouts because of some Denton school event. This is the same old "Little D" that stiffed its DISD taxpayers for $30 million to build C.H. Collins rather than working with North Texas to get a new stadium sooner. I hope if Denton high schools ever want to play in the new stadium that we charge them ten times what would be charged to any other high school. Look at it this way Arlington spent $400 million to help build Jerry's World while Denton spent $30 million to keep UNT from having a new stadium. Sort of shows the mentality and priorities of "Little D" doesn't it??

I will be there, but it riles me if we are not using Fouts because of some Denton school event. This is the same old "Little D" that stiffed its DISD taxpayers for $30 million to build C.H. Collins rather than working with North Texas to get a new stadium sooner. I hope if Denton high schools ever want to play in the new stadium that we charge them ten times what would be charged to any other high school. Look at it this way Arlington spent $400 million to help build Jerry's World while Denton spent $30 million to keep UNT from having a new stadium. Sort of shows the mentality and priorities of "Little D" doesn't it??

Rumor I heard was that it was some sort of charity walk-a-thon, Easter Seals or some such, and Mac thought it best to move the game to Collins rather than working around the previously scheduled event.

Rumor I heard was that it was some sort of charity walk-a-thon, Easter Seals or some such, and Mac thought it best to move the game to Collins rather than working around the previously scheduled event.

Could be an effort to "make nice" with the local community. Coach mac is making a big effort to get the Denton business community behind him and UNT, and not just the Athletic program at UNT. Maybe he and RV felt that it would be a good idea to be generous and work with the community on this previously scheduled event so as to "win some friends". Could be...think about it.

• Upvote 1