Nt Alumni Logo

NT91

I had forgotten the little known rule that college athletic hand symbols should be anatomically correct.

Its extremely important to be anatomically correct!! In actuality, we are busting on FFR here, but his points are usually valid to some degree. Most people don't complain on here with as much vigor as he does, but that's ok. He wants what we all want--a better university and a better athletic department.

It was a very controversial 5-4 Supreme Court decision handed down in Baylor University v. Opposable Thumbed Bear.

If bears had opposable thumbs they'd be able to grip handle bars and ride regular, two-wheeled bicycles like the rest of us...there'd be utter carnage.

Thankfully they don't, and we can keep them relatively under control on their unicycles.

• Upvote 3

Its extremely important to be anatomically correct!! In actuality, we are busting on FFR here, but his points are usually valid to some degree. Most people don't complain on here with as much vigor as he does, but that's ok. He wants what we all want--a better university and a better athletic department.

Making fun of Rick's desire to have a correct hand signal (talon) is very symptomatic of what is basically wrong with UNT's image. As I stated in another thread, we are not disrespected by the general public for our win/loss record, we are disrespected for our culture. Which is the culture of apathy and derisiveness.

We regularly make fun of A$M and their cult-culture, but GUESS WHAT? They have a blindly loyal fan base that we can only dream about. They play in a 70K+ seat stadium, and their merchandise is sold in just about every retail nook and cranny of Texas.

Now, you can list all the reasons why they are in this position...their long standing membership in the SWC/B-12 and whatever guaranteed money stream that they've enjoyed from the legislature (if any), but here's the bottom line.

THEY ARE IN THEIR CURRENT POSITION BECAUSE THEY HAVE TRADITIONS. THEY HONOR THOSE TRADITIONS (trivial as they may seem to us) AND THEY DON'T TOLERATE ANY BACKSLIDING FROM THOSE TRADITIONS BY THEIR STUDENTS/FORMER STUDENTS.

So, mock away folks! It's the North Texas way. <_<

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Making fun of Rick's desire to have a correct hand signal (talon) is very symptomatic of what is basically wrong with UNT's image. As I stated in another thread, we are not disrespected by the general public for our win/loss record, we are disrespected for our culture. Which is the culture of apathy and derisiveness.

We regularly make fun of A$M and their cult-culture, but GUESS WHAT? They have a blindly loyal fan base that we can only dream about. They play in a 70K+ seat stadium, and their merchandise is sold in just about every retail nook and cranny of Texas.

Now, you can list all the reasons why they are in this position...their long standing membership in the SWC/B-12 and whatever guaranteed money stream that they've enjoyed from the legislature (if any), but here's the bottom line.

THEY ARE IN THEIR CURRENT POSITION BECAUSE THEY HAVE TRADITIONS. THEY HONOR THOSE TRADITIONS (trivial as they may seem to us) AND THEY DON'T TOLERATE ANY BACKSLIDING FROM THOSE TRADITIONS BY THEIR STUDENTS/FORMER STUDENTS.

So, mock away folks! It's the North Texas way. <_<

Respect for TCU has grown by leaps and bounds over the past decade. You think the average sports fan could tell you a single thing about their traditions? Not saying traditions are not important, but your example of ATM is the aberration not the norm.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Respect for TCU has grown by leaps and bounds over the past decade. You think the average sports fan could tell you a single thing about their traditions? Not saying traditions are not important, but your example of ATM is the aberration not the norm.

Ok, thanks for reminding me of another NT tradition....dismissiveness-in-lieu-of-taking-a-hard-look-at-our-lack-of-REAL-traditions.

I can just imagine what the hand sign would be for that. And everyone would certainly get that one right. <_<

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Ok, thanks for reminding me of another NT tradition....dismissiveness-in-lieu-of-taking-a-hard-look-at-our-lack-of-REAL-traditions.

I can just imagine what the hand sign would be for that. And everyone would certainly get that one right. <_<

Ok, how about this on the hand sign. I like it the way it is. This is much easier for me as the four finger version does not work well for me. My hand just doesn't bend that way. I end up with what looks like an eagle talon with severe arthritis. I think that the way we do it now works better for everyone. It is not our traditional way, but it is more inclusive.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I agree people would remember the sign... But there'd still be people complaining about whether you tuck the thumb or leave it hanging out.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 1

Making fun of Rick...is...wrong...BECAUSE ...HE...[iS] TRADITION. HONOR THOSE TRADITIONS (trivial as they may seem...)

/Remixed.

Is the point of this discussion to figure out what the larger fan base wants, or what a small (and admirably faithful and supportive) group of people want? I only ask because I honestly can't tell what is most important to this board.

• Upvote 1

We REALLY need to start winning football games again around here...that would be the greatest solution to the lack of REAL traditions. Trust me, I grew up in Ft. Worth when TCU was lucky to win 4 games in a season in the 70s, 80s, and most of the 90s. Winning sure seems to have cured a lot of ills that were said around Ft. Worth back then.

• Upvote 3

We REALLY need to start winning football games again around here...that would be the greatest solution to the lack of REAL traditions. Trust me, I grew up in Ft. Worth when TCU was lucky to win 4 games in a season in the 70s, 80s, and most of the 90s. Winning sure seems to have cured a lot of ills that were said around Ft. Worth back then.

Exactly!!!!

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There have been numerous requests for the NT Exes logo to be used as the helmet logo. More for it than not, and the AD Dept and alumni association knows this.

No Freakin way does that NT with a star in the middle deserve to get put on any helmet. That would be an embarrassment. I don't mind seeing it on my Alumni mail but would hate to look at it every Saturday on our team.

And saying numerous people requested at hat with that logo doesn't mean anything....it could have been a nerd convention for all anyone knows.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 5

No Freakin way does that NT with a star in the middle deserve to get put on any helmet. That would be an embarrassment. I don't mind seeing it on my Alumni mail but would hate to look at it every Saturday on our team.

And saying numerous people requested at hat with that logo doesn't mean anything....it could have been a nerd convention for all anyone knows.

So what would you like to see on our helmets?

The alumni logo is weak-sauce. It's a hundred other college/high school logos with a star over it. It would be one thing if it existed as the school's logo for a hundred years, but it hasn't. And I'm no fan of the current eagle logos, either, but I'll take them 100 times over the interlocked-N/T/star. Blech.

Thanks to this thread, I now know that the reason fans from other schools make fun of us is NOT because we historically stink at football and that they've barely heard of us. It's because we don't do a proper eagle claw.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

Wow. Just..... wow. I don't pop in around here very often, but MY GOODNESS the natives get restless after a few years of crappy football! FFR, I love ya brotha, but could I interest you in a bottle of kelly green Lexapro? As stated earlier, can we please just start winning some d*$m football games?!? That would make the worst of logos look SUHWEETT!!!

• Upvote 3

Wow. Just..... wow. I don't pop in around here very often, but MY GOODNESS the natives get restless after a few years of crappy football! FFR, I love ya brotha, but could I interest you in a bottle of kelly green Lexapro?

What????? I could post a list of texts conversations between Emmitt and I during the past basketball season if that is what you would prefer?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

What????? I could post a list of texts conversations between Emmitt and I during the past basketball season if that is what you would prefer?

Rick

Or perhaps a series of telegraphs sent between fans of the 1939 Lone Star conference champions?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Or perhaps a series of telegraphs sent between fans of the 1939 Lone Star conference champions?

Some people have no respect for the history and traditions of human communication. I mean, come on - without the telegraph where would we be today? At one point people used 3 fingers to type their morse-code? EVERYONE KNOWS THE PROPER MANNER IS USING 2 INDEX FINGERS AND AN ALTERNATING RING FINGER?

• Upvote 2