Nt Alumni Logo

NT91

Another one of our alumnus had several of them made up 4 years ago and gave them out, and told me when he pulled them out of his car to hand them out he felt like he could have sold a hundred of them because everyone in the parking lot who saw them were wanting one.

I also remember UNT passing out free Mean Green flip flops one year. They went like hot cakes. Would anyone have paid money for them? Doubt it.

Forgive me for believing that those who want more alumni logo (and forest green) have no clue.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I also remember UNT passing out free Mean Green flip flops one year. They went like hot cakes. Would anyone have paid money for them? Doubt it.

Forgive me for believing that those who want more alumni logo (and forest green) have no clue.

There have been numerous requests for the NT Exes logo to be used as the helmet logo. More for it than not, and the AD Dept and alumni association knows this.

It would sell even better if it had a team's uniform to go on, like the helmet, but then the alumni association would lose exclusivity, or so we were told nearly 10 years ago?

When it first came out the battle for the AD Dept to use the NT Exes logo was a big deal to the many who cared. A version of it is currently used on the Letterman jackets and it looks great.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Caaaaatttt Fiiiiggghhhttttt!!!! But seriously I don't think there is any denying of any of FFR complaints. Support and participation has been a problem for a long time and was definately an issue when I played from 03-07.

Ps. The alumni logo is what we wanted on the helmets when I was a player. That's why my roomate who was on the committee to design the new letter jacket changed it to the interlocking NT minus the star.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Caaaaatttt Fiiiiggghhhttttt!!!! But seriously I don't think there is any denying of any of FFR complaints. Support and participation has been a problem for a long time and was definately an issue when I played from 03-07.

Ps. The alumni logo is what we wanted on the helmets when I was a player. That's why my roomate who was on the committee to design the new letter jacket changed it to the interlocking NT minus the star.

In case I never got the chance, thank you for the hard work and sacrifice you gave for the "Honor And Fame And Glory Of UNT!".

Rick

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

The NT looks very good on my white and green helmet on PS3. Lets just put it on the F-ing helmet and

keep it there for the next 100 years! How old is the "NT/star" logo and did a student come up with the "NT/star"?

The star makes the logo!

Edited by NT91
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I had a dream where I happily stated..."I'm a member of the alumni association and I'm giving you permission to use it in any way you or the university would like Mr. Villareal and Mr. Rawlins".

Rick

I had a dream where our university didn't have a logo that looked just like one used by every other university in the USA and making it nearly impossible to distinguish us from anybody else, where didn't change logos every week, where our logo was designed by people who were actually trained to do that sort of work and had been doing it for a number of years, and the TN thing making people read our logo as "Texas Northern" instead of "North Texas." Oh wait, that wasn't a dream, that's every day of our branding history since the UNT rebrand.

Edited by meangreendork

How about these for a start?

nt2-128.png

NTStar.png

And if you start designing football helmets I'll deny everything about this reply to your request.

What would this look like if you

1) Got rid of the star, and

2) Expanded the 'N', while shrinking the 'T' (so that it fit entirely within the frame of the 'N', not rising above or dropping below)

The 'N' in that logo should dominate the 'T', to emphasize NORTH Texas, vs North TEXAS.

Somebody with graphic skillz try this

In case I never got the chance, thank you for the hard work and sacrifice you gave for the "Honor And Fame And Glory Of UNT!".

Rick

And incase I didn't get to thank you and all the other NT alumn who supported me and the team and university, thank you so much. I love North Texas and will defend it at all costs. It is a part of me and I will always be a part of it. I shed blood for this university in the past and I still bleed green today. I love all of you and I love the Mean Green. My period of life in Denton was one of my life's most important, and I will help alumni and the university whenever I get a chance. Thank you all.

Blake Burruss

• Upvote 5

There was a time I would have supported the alumni assoc logo as the main graphic identity of the university. Not anymore. Many years ago I noted that the star was the best graphic element we had going. Unfortunately, A&M since has adopted it. It is on their basketball court. I suppose they are trying to get away from the 'A&M'.

Also the alumni logo appears derivative of the 'old' aTm logo.

The new eagle logo is an excellent graphic symbol for the university. I hope that anyone pining away for the alumni logo is not detracting from adoption of the eagle logo as a pervasive symbol. If you don't like eagles you're unAmerican and I hope one flies off with your little dog.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

And incase I didn't get to thank you and all the other NT alumn who supported me and the team and university, thank you so much. I love North Texas and will defend it at all costs. It is a part of me and I will always be a part of it. I shed blood for this university in the past and I still bleed green today. I love all of you and I love the Mean Green. My period of life in Denton was one of my life's most important, and I will help alumni and the university whenever I get a chance. Thank you all.

Blake Burruss

Blake,

At the risk of sounding intrusive. Where are you living now? Did you receive your degree? What line of work are you pursuing?

Blake,

At the risk of sounding intrusive. Where are you living now? Did you receive your degree? What line of work are you pursuing?

I earned my BA (history major) in May of '08 then took an alternative certification course to teach here in Texas. For the last year and a half I've been teaching US and World history in a town north of Corpus Christi. I coached DEs and ran the special teams this last year at a 4A. I would eventually like to get back closer to the dfw so I can be closer to NT and home. So hopefully an opportunity will present it's self so I can do just that.

I earned my BA (history major) in May of '08 then took an alternative certification course to teach here in Texas. For the last year and a half I've been teaching US and World history in a town north of Corpus Christi. I coached DEs and ran the special teams this last year at a 4A. I would eventually like to get back closer to the dfw so I can be closer to NT and home. So hopefully an opportunity will present it's self so I can do just that.

Thanks for the update. It's really great news to hear that letter winners have graduated and are working in the profession that they love.

The Eagle Mountain/Saginaw school district is building it's third High School. I think it should be open by next fall. Here is the update on their web-site.

http://www.emsisd.com/9821049161015150/site/default.asp?982Nav=|&NodeID=1345

Edited by SilverEagle

What do you like about UNT? Our Talons can't manage to take care of a cannon or bell. Our shade of green looks like vomit. Our branding/logos are nowhere near up to snuff. We're not using the AC deck the way we should. The pricing of club level seats in the new stadium blows. We don't demand enough of our basketball program. Our Alumni Association listens not to our most important fans opinions. I'm sure I'm leaving more out, but how could anyone care for a university that can't get a single thing right?

Edit: We also don't have a good chant for use at football games.

You, sir, have given me a good laugh. Nicely done. You forgot about how we don't hold up our talon correctly as a a fanbase, too.

• Upvote 2

Dude, i would pay for some mean green flip flops. And i would especially pay for some mean green vans styled shoes. Haven't been to the book store in a long time, do they have these? Seen UT and A$M ones at Walmart.

Back to Logo-gate. Carry on.

You, sir, have given me a good laugh. Nicely done. You forgot about how we don't hold up our talon correctly as a a fanbase, too.

Oh yeah, that's right. Along with attempting to change our school colors, there was also the Eagle Talon hand sign that was changed for no reason and without the apparent use of any common sense at all by the Helwig regime in '95. Who in hell has ever heard of a three clawed Eagle?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

Oh yeah, that's right. Along with attempting to change our school colors, there was also the Eagle Talon hand sign that was changed for no reason and without the apparent use of any common sense at all by the Helwig regime in '95. Who in hell has ever heard of a three clawed Eagle?

Rick

sisko-facepalm.gif

1232550426_worf%20face%20palm.gif

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 3

Rick

I had forgotten the little known rule that college athletic hand symbols should be anatomically correct.

• Upvote 4