Andrew Power

Agreed--probably the biggest of this class to this point.

Second.

I think this signing gives the staff the luxury of moving players back to where they can be most beneficial...namely Daniel Prior. I'd imagine Power slides in as the starter immediately...Olawale is a talent, but perhaps a bit under-sized to be a hand on the ground TE, but could find plenty of time in a sort of Dallas Clark-esque role. Greg Brown back healthy, continued development from Drew Miller and perhaps the arrival of Austin Fitzpatrick would give 5 good options for 2 similar, not-every-down positions. More than enough to re-work Prior back into the LB mix

• Upvote 1

Simply put...he's a beast, a freak of nature...to be that tall and big and that strong and agile...the video doesn't lie.. very excited about the possibilities he could bring this offense right away!! GMG!

One other thing...I love how this guy is not satisfied just making a block... he likes to finsh things off either with a forearm shiver or just flat pancake...his highlight film is unreal! A VERY technically sound blocker!!

Second.

I think this signing gives the staff the luxury of moving players back to where they can be most beneficial...namely Daniel Prior. I'd imagine Power slides in as the starter immediately...Olawale is a talent, but perhaps a bit under-sized to be a hand on the ground TE, but could find plenty of time in a sort of Dallas Clark-esque role. Greg Brown back healthy, continued development from Drew Miller and perhaps the arrival of Austin Fitzpatrick would give 5 good options for 2 similar, not-every-down positions. More than enough to re-work Prior back into the LB mix

I'm thinking that Drew Miller is another that might do better at linebacker. That's his preferred position and he played it well in the Oil Bowl.

A question is that we know that Power can play TE but can he also play at the U-Back/H-Back? Or does a smaller TE play that position?

• Upvote 1

I heard Power was commited over the weekend from a reliable place, and for what its worth the student directory lists an andrew f. power majoring in kinesiology. Not sure if thats him though.

Good to hear, keeping our fingers crossed!

I'm thinking that Drew Miller is another that might do better at linebacker. That's his preferred position and he played it well in the Oil Bowl.

A question is that we know that Power can play TE but can he also play at the U-Back/H-Back? Or does a smaller TE play that position?

If you move Miller I think you need to find one more UB/TE type...maybe Brandin Byrd? Get him a season on the field as a blocker/receiver before he (probably) takes over at TB in 2012. If he takes to/works in that spot, then maybe moving Miller to the defensive side is a shrewd move.

My thought was that Olawale would be the best fit moving all over the field...occasionally in the backfield, occasionally in the slot, occasionally on the line. I think Power is the prototypical, hand to the ground TE and would probably be used there the bulk of the snaps.

No wonder he de-committed from the Vols. Someone should warn their room that they are not the powerhouse they feel themselves to be

Tenn Vols site

And from the above link this most true theory from a Vol's fan responding to another Vol fans post as they discuss our guy Power (and I enlarged the letters of the part I liked best:

SanFranVol97 writes:

in response to thevoice:

Because no modern-day Division 1 program consistently wins football games with 2star players.

Not true. Name a 4* or 5* recruit on the Utah team that undressed Alabama in the sugar bowl. Boise State is also not getting 4* and 5* players. Those ratings are wacked anyways. Get good players that FIT the system and have them play as a TEAM.

GMG!

PS: I would have added a couple more words to the last sentence and they would be "get good players with speed..."

GMG ! !

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I don't think that choice was entirely his. Regardless of how he got here, I'm glad he's here.

The more I read on the situation you are seemingly right in the assumption that he didn't have a say. Another forum strongly indicates that the Coach asked him to walk after having heard from more highly touted prospects that they were intending to commit. Very shady on UT's behalf...but then again...bigger teams do this sort of garbage all the time.

The more I read on the situation you are seemingly right in the assumption that he didn't have a say. Another forum strongly indicates that the Coach asked him to walk after having heard from more highly touted prospects that they were intending to commit. Very shady on UT's behalf...but then again...bigger teams do this sort of garbage all the time.

And, unfortunately some athletes do that to colleges to whom they have committed as they wait on "bigger and better" schools to offer. Hmmmmmmmmmmm...that stuff just seems bad on both parties parts. We talk about "honoring commitments" in one thread, but it seems to me "commitment" is a pretty weak word when it comes to recruiting. In this particular case, it worked out well for the Mean Green (and more than likely for young Mr. Power as well), but I hate this sort of thing. There was a time (and not that long ago when a person's word was his bond.

Welcome to UNT Andrew Power. The Mean Green Nation is very happy to have you be a part of the Mean green. I think you will be very happy that you are part of the Mean Green. And, remember, the co-eds are prettier and smarter here than at Tennessee too! :clapping:

• Upvote 2