Riley Commits To Mcneese

UNTcrazy727

Easy there Mrs. Dodge.

What would you call a guy that plays QB and then quits a FBS to go to a FCS school where he will still most likely end up at receiver anyway.. He may have had a better chance to play QB at UNT since he knew the system. Lets be honest, he isn't going to play football after college and now he is going to end up with a degree from a less prominent school. Quitter? Sounds about right..

1]he is not big enought to play qb at a 1a program, even a sorry one like ours, hense all the injuries.2] only reason he came here was because of his dad, who got fired. 3]he still has desire to play qb at some level. in 1aa championship game last week in frisco, the eastern washington qb transfered down from smu, and deleware qb transfered down frow penn. state.4] i guess in your mind any player who transfers to n.t. except jucos are guitters.5]i don't guess you have ever changed job in you career, because that would be quitting.6] dodge had more guts that any kid i have personally seen play in my 50 years of following eagle ball, as opposed to you,who are gutless, besides being a jerk.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1]he is not big enought to play qb at a 1a program, even a sorry one like ours, hense all the injuries.2] only reason he came here was because of his dad, who got fired. 3]he still has desire to play qb at some level. in 1aa championship game last week in frisco, the eastern washington qb transfered down from smu, and deleware qb transfered down frow penn. state.4] i guess in your mind any player who transfers to n.t. except jucos are guitters.5]i don't guess you have ever changed job in you career, because that would be quitting.6] dodge had more guts that any kid i have personally seen play in my 50 years of following eagle ball, as opposed to you,who are gutless, besides being a jerk.

OH! Message board fight! Message board fight!

340x_ohitson.jpg

haha these Mcneese St. fans are funny. they think that getting Riley, it will open up the DFW market for there recruiting..... ive driven the 6-7 hour drive to Lake Charles, LA through Conroe and i can guarantee the only recruits that would want to go there are transfer players wanting to start... that place is so backwards its kinda scary.... not that its there fault, Katrina really hit the town hard... McNeese is a good 1aa school but they need to worry about recruiting LA and South Texas, DFW is already recruited by every major BCS conference as well as 4 FBS schools.... Riley is the only DFW kid that would want to go to McNeese St....

haha these Mcneese St. fans are funny. they think that getting Riley, it will open up the DFW market for there recruiting..... ive driven the 6-7 hour drive to Lake Charles, LA through Conroe and i can guarantee the only recruits that would want to go there are transfer players wanting to start... that place is so backwards its kinda scary.... not that its there fault, Katrina really hit the town hard... McNeese is a good 1aa school but they need to worry about recruiting LA and South Texas, DFW is already recruited by every major BCS conference as well as 4 FBS schools.... Riley is the only DFW kid that would want to go to McNeese St....

If we're going to start laughing at every disrespected lower tier school that starts thinking their program is taking off and their recruiting is going to explode just because Riley Dodge backs out of a commitment to a bigger program in Texas to come play for them, well...

Wait, what?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

If we're going to start laughing at every disrespected lower tier school that starts thinking their program is taking off and their recruiting is going to explode just because Riley Dodge backs out of a commitment to a bigger program in Texas to come play for them, well...

Wait, what?

This is no place for perspective.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

actually, i am being one now. i just don't think that everyone who changes their major, transfers schools, or votes republician is a quitter. thats a pretty broad brush. at any rate, i need to let this one go.

Easy there Mrs. Dodge.

What would you call a guy that plays QB and then quits a FBS to go to a FCS school where he will still most likely end up at receiver anyway.. He may have had a better chance to play QB at UNT since he knew the system. Lets be honest, he isn't going to play football after college and now he is going to end up with a degree from a less prominent school. Quitter? Sounds about right..

Wardly is not Mrs. Dodge. He is a long time supporter and donor of the athletic program. Yes, he could have used better tact than "jerk".

Edited by Green Dozer

The quitter line isn't meant as a slight. Its left over from when Vizza left. its inside humor

i guess i don't get it, but i shouldn't let it get under my skin. i behaved as bad as one who made original post. i'm just a mean old man [new jerry lee lewis song]. if i am going to continue following this board, i need to start drinking again.

• Upvote 2

i guess i don't get it, but i shouldn't let it get under my skin. i behaved as bad as one who made original post. i'm just a mean old man [new jerry lee lewis song]. if i am going to continue following this board, i need to start drinking again.

Ha! I was just thinking the same thing about me! Very Funny!

He may have had a better chance to play QB at UNT since he knew the system.

What would make you think he had a chance to play quarterback here under McCarney? He's not stupid. He must have been told that it was unlikely to happen here, so he decided to look for the best FCS opportunity he could.

Dodge carried himself with honor here and played hurt more than any UNT quarterback I can recall. I wish him the best at McNeese.

What would make you think he had a chance to play quarterback here under McCarney? He's not stupid. He must have been told that it was unlikely to happen here, so he decided to look for the best FCS opportunity he could.

I know that Coach McCarney is pretty much untouchable around here until he starts to lose football games, but IMO I think it was just plain dumb if Riley was basically told that he would have no chance to win the job in the Spring/Summer. I've never been a huge advocate for Riley at QB, but he was our starter just a few weeks ago, and had definitely shown some recent improvement. Especially in the turnover department. Oh well, dead subject anyway.

• Upvote 1

I know that Coach McCarney is pretty much untouchable around here until he starts to lose football games, but IMO I think it was just plain dumb if Riley was basically told that he would have no chance to win the job in the Spring/Summer. I've never been a huge advocate for Riley at QB, but he was our starter just a few weeks ago, and had definitely shown some recent improvement. Especially in the turnover department. Oh well, dead subject anyway.

It would be dumb and I bet it never happened.. This keeps surfacing despite not one bit of substantiation.

• Upvote 3

It would be dumb and I bet it never happened.. This keeps surfacing despite not one bit of substantiation.

My comment was just speculation. Riley Dodge's own dad moved him to wide receiver. He's been injured all the time playing QB for us, suffering a concussion, separated shoulder, severely sprained ankle, broken arm and compressed vertebrae. Considering those factors, I don't think McCarney was very likely to go into his first season with Dodge in the position. So if he did the decent thing and told him that, it could be the real reason Dodge left.

My comment was just speculation. Riley Dodge's own dad moved him to wide receiver. He's been injured all the time playing QB for us, suffering a concussion, separated shoulder, severely sprained ankle, broken arm and compressed vertebrae. Considering those factors, I don't think McCarney was very likely to go into his first season with Dodge in the position. So if he did the decent thing and told him that, it could be the real reason Dodge left.

I agree with the things rcade posted in this post.