4 Teams You Would Like To Home & Home With

All About UNT

SMU, Baylor, any service academy. Maybe an annual game at the Cotton Bowl during the fair. I believe they have an open week. Provided it doesn't count as a home game, if that is possible.

Maybe we could stand to the side in uniform during Grambling/PV and tell the winner we've got next.

• Upvote 1

You know, the more I think about it... TCU would probably be willing to schedule us starting in 2012 seeing how they will already be doing enough travelling for their conference games. they may just give us a shot at some home and homesssssssssssss

This whole SMU/TCU thing would actually be pretty cool because each team would essentially get two extra home games. That would make eight games a year that SMU/TCU/UNT fans could attend without having to visit Expedia, and that would be pretty cool. It would also be great for attendance for all three schools. If I should happen to be repeating something that's already been stated on this thread, I apologize in advance for not having read the whole thing.

• Upvote 1

This whole SMU/TCU thing would actually be pretty cool because each team would essentially get two extra home games. That would make eight games a year that SMU/TCU/UNT fans could attend without having to visit Expedia, and that would be pretty cool. It would also be great for attendance for all three schools. If I should happen to be repeating something that's already been stated on this thread, I apologize in advance for not having read the whole thing.

We already have the series set up with SMU for 2014-2017. If we signed anything with TCU, I wouldn't expect it to be a home game atmosphere for us down in Ft. Worth like it would be in Dallas.

We already have the series set up with SMU for 2014-2017. If we signed anything with TCU, I wouldn't expect it to be a home game atmosphere for us down in Ft. Worth like it would be in Dallas.

I don't think it would be home environment for at any away game. TCU and SMU are both different animals since the last time we played. The good news is June Jones will probably be back on the island before 2014.

Beyond topic, but this inspired me to create the new CUSA. I hope NT is trying to pull this together:

East Div

stAte

Memphis

MT

Troy

So Miss

Tulane

West Div

Tulsa

La Tech

NT

SMU

Houston

Rice

I like your thoughts here, but I just don't see this ever happening, in either division. Troy and La Tech bring very little in terms of TV market or academic prestige, and I seriously doubt SMU will ever allow us to join a conference with them. Most likely, I can see us joining the MWC or just having to stay in the SBC. If the Big East raided CUSA by taking UH, UCF, Memphis or ECU, I believe that CUSA will replace them with MTSU, FAU, FIU or WKU. The Eastern CUSA public schools have been outspoken about how they don't want any more Texas schools, especially in the same market as SMU, and the CUSA private schools will take are of SMUs interest.

If the MWC expands to 12, this is where I see our best (only) chance to finally get out of the Belt, but there is a real chance that we are not going to be leaving this league for a long time and that the SBC will actually get weaker if CUSA picks off the teams that I mentioned. This could very well be the new SBC in a few years--and trust me, it would be worse than what we got now:

UNT, Troy, ULL, Arky State, ULM, USA, WKU, probably add UTSA and TSU-SM, and if we are lucky, either La Tech or NMSU.

If we don't get in the MWC or if SMU doesn't leave CUSA, while that conference gets purged, this is my worst nightmare for our program. It would be terrible. Please get us into the MWC.

I like your thoughts here, but I just don't see this ever happening, in either division. Troy and La Tech bring very little in terms of TV market or academic prestige, and I seriously doubt SMU will ever allow us to join a conference with them. Most likely, I can see us joining the MWC or just having to stay in the SBC. If the Big East raided CUSA by taking UH, UCF, Memphis or ECU, I believe that CUSA will replace them with MTSU, FAU, FIU or WKU. The Eastern CUSA public schools have been outspoken about how they don't want any more Texas schools, especially in the same market as SMU, and the CUSA private schools will take are of SMUs interest.

If the MWC expands to 12, this is where I see our best (only) chance to finally get out of the Belt, but there is a real chance that we are not going to be leaving this league for a long time and that the SBC will actually get weaker if CUSA picks off the teams that I mentioned. This could very well be the new SBC in a few years--and trust me, it would be worse than what we got now:

UNT, Troy, ULL, Arky State, ULM, USA, WKU, probably add UTSA and TSU-SM, and if we are lucky, either La Tech or NMSU.

If we don't get in the MWC or if SMU doesn't leave CUSA, while that conference gets purged, this is my worst nightmare for our program. It would be terrible. Please get us into the MWC.

If we get MWC invite yes take it, but many of those other 11 schools are also hoping individually they will be chosen for something. It would benefit these schools to get together and chart their own course together instead of waiting for some other group to accept them. The fact you could put together 12 decent schools in such a tight geographic region with meaningful rivalries is very compelling. On the other hand, CUSA as it stands today is ridiculous. And by the way, I say 'decent' above recognizing that joining such collective will in itself immediately raise the decency level of some of the programs. Further, all their status would improve as members over time. I agree with you that the SB - and further I'll add that CUSA substantially as it is now - will not have such an effect on their respective members.

Army

Boston College

UCONN

Yale

BTW, should any of this happen, you're all invited over to the Co-Op for a vegan cookout, replete with sorghum burgers and homemade gluten-free beer.

We'll all also get high as kites.

Edited by Censored by Laurie